Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Display

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just at the R & R Hall of Fame last Friday for the Clash exhibit! It was fantastic. I especially liked the outfits displayed. They mentioned the designer's name but I can't remember now. And also the broken guitar from the London Calling album cover is there! They also just opened a Doors exhibit on the top floor that was very interesting as well. The U2 stuff I saw was: the blue pop lemon suits, Adam's yellow weird shaped bass he played on Popmart, Edge's snake guitar from Zoo TV, one of Bono's green goal is soul guitars (a sign read that 10 were made for him), Bono's Fly and McPhisto suits and Bono's first guitar. I got into trouble for trying to touch the Fly suit. Lights and an intercom went off and everything! :shifty: I also saw The Bravery play at the Agora Ballroom that night. They were really impressive!!! :rockon: Very cool road trip!

Hi Beverly56! I think of you every time I travel to visit my sister in Wadsworth as I'm driving thru Akron! :wink:

Is Janis Joplin's car still on display?

One of the best parts of the Rock Hall is the gift shop, a music lover's dream. The rest of the museum I think could be done better -- no matter how much of a thrill the memorabilia is, the exhibits always seem on the dull side.

Thank you all for posting these wonderful pics of the R & R Hall of Fame exhibit.

I will always remember the day that I spent there in 2003 - it was actually on the Edge's b-day.

I got there when the Hall of Fame opened and stayed there until it closed, just going back time and again looking at the exhibit.

I still remember it fondly. I'll never forget that day in U2 heaven.

:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :hug:

dmalezi said:
I was just at the R & R Hall of Fame last Friday for the Clash exhibit! It was fantastic. I especially liked the outfits displayed. They mentioned the designer's name but I can't remember now. And also the broken guitar from the London Calling album cover is there! They also just opened a Doors exhibit on the top floor that was very interesting as well. The U2 stuff I saw was: the blue pop lemon suits, Adam's yellow weird shaped bass he played on Popmart, Edge's snake guitar from Zoo TV, one of Bono's green goal is soul guitars (a sign read that 10 were made for him), Bono's Fly and McPhisto suits and Bono's first guitar. I got into trouble for trying to touch the Fly suit. Lights and an intercom went off and everything! :shifty: I also saw The Bravery play at the Agora Ballroom that night. They were really impressive!!! :rockon: Very cool road trip!

Hi Beverly56! I think of you every time I travel to visit my sister in Wadsworth as I'm driving thru Akron! :wink:
okay im sold..im so going again in the next few months then!

dmalezi said:

I was just there again in April. The Doors would have been so cool to see! There was some sort of artist's paintings on the top. I loved the Clash exhibit but was a little disappointed with the size of it. I think I spent more time staring at Edge's guitar downstairs than I did upstairs with the Clash stuff and the Clash was the reason I went there again! :der:

Ahhh...this brings back so many good memories (as well as one or two bad ones). I went there during the @U2.com fan celebration (I have proof that at least my dad was there. He's the one in the red Bulls sweatshirt with the mop of curly black and grey hair :wink: http://www.atu2.com/view.html?/events/03/rockhall/june17.jpg).

I didn't win anything during their questionaire cause I was stupid enough to get the Edge marriage question wrong :)banghead: )....but at least I enjoyed seeing the exhibits. :D

I believe the sceleton guitar was first used on Lovetown (quite extensively) which may explain why it's in that section.

Even though the Clash exhibit was only one floor I still think it was impressive. I think they just didn't have enough items to add the top floor. :( Larry seemed to save everything from day one which is probably why they had so much material for the U2 exhibit. And of course the Clash's career was much shorter. I don't remember seeing Janis Joplin's car, but it's a big place. Also if you go you can now see U2's autographs on the wall of fame. Pretty cool! :applaud: I've always thought the displays were done well. :shrug: I guess I'm just thankful I'm only a couple hours drive away!

OH MAN!! My friend flew to Cleveland for the U2 exibit it was in the spur of themoment and it was quite an adventure!! Seriously it was PLANES< TRAINS and AUTOMOBILES!!!

other than that it was awesome to see U2's display I hung out for HOURS staring at their stuff and I touched one of the Zoo Military outfits while the guard turned around :shifty:

The painted (skeleton/snake) "Eric Clapton" model Strat did first appear during the Love Town tour. Although he used the yellow Clapton TONS more during the Love Town tour. (Wonder where that one went?)

But understandable they put the painted Clapton up in the display. Lovely sounding and looking guitar. The white pick guard that was present during the Love Town and ZOO tours has been replaced by a mauve coloured mirrored pickguard. Matches nicely with the finish.

Up close you can see the original charcoal finish is spreckled in mauve. Then the snake and skeleton are painted on. Nice looking guitar, indeed.

Although most associate it with "The Fly" and "Desire" from the Zoo TV tours, the My Wild Irish Rose" video and a plethora of AB recording photos. (some of which are in the AB album/CD booklet.

77e15123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom