Rock and Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies, I have officially smoked almost a pack of cigarettes since I sat down at this here computer.

Not good.

I don't pop into PLEBA very often - OK, this is a first - but I just posted this in the other HOF thread over in Everything You Know Is Wrong -

I just read a Yahoo story that said U2 is scheduled to perform FIVE SONGS!
Holy shit - that must be a record or something.

They said that two of the songs that will be played are ISHFWILF and Vertigo.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...9&e=1&u=/ap/20050315/ap_en_mu/music_rock_hall

Just to make the anticipation that much harder for you... :)

VintagePunk said:

Yes, that would be me. :)

Actually, she's never taken art in HS. She takes music, plays sax (like I used to)...takes a lot of history/humanities courses...loves writing. Is really good at math. She thinks she wants to go into Political Science in university. I'm hoping she'll become all activist-y, and eventually hook me up with Bono. That's my dream for her future. Yup. :lol:

Lol...glad your guiding her in the right direction for all the right reasons :p
Yay history...Is she taking West Civ this year?
What university do you think she'd be goin to?
(oh and about earlier about her not leaving home yet..I'm at uni..and I haven't left, lol....woohoo commuting! (actually works out to be cheaper than rez even if you buy a car)

phanan said:
I don't pop into PLEBA very often - OK, this is a first - but I just posted this in the other HOF thread over in Everything You Know Is Wrong -

I just read a Yahoo story that said U2 is scheduled to perform FIVE SONGS!
Holy shit - that must be a record or something.

They said that two of the songs that will be played are ISHFWILF and Vertigo.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...9&e=1&u=/ap/20050315/ap_en_mu/music_rock_hall

Just to make the anticipation that much harder for you... :)

so far the only song in common various reports have in common is Vertigo! Wow, lots of different versions of what they will play out there...

ruffian said:
ok, they're back for a break and U2 coming up!

Not to state the obvious or anything, but wow.

They're probably the first group who has entered the HOF at their peak. Even Springsteen had waned by the time he went in. He still had his core fans of course, but how many young people do you hear going "Woo-hoo, Bruce!!"??

This is fucking incredible.

and U2 will still be at their peak in many years cause we are the best fans in the world!

~BrightestStar~ said:

Lol...glad your guiding her in the right direction for all the right reasons :p
Yay history...Is she taking West Civ this year?
What university do you think she'd be goin to?
(oh and about earlier about her not leaving home yet..I'm at uni..and I haven't left, lol....woohoo commuting! (actually works out to be cheaper than rez even if you buy a car)

Sarah: I am taking western civ, I hate my teacher. We're not actually learning anything.

Me: I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'm in my last year now, and then want to work for a few years. It's possible that when she goes to university, I may be ready for grad school, so we'll just move to wherever. I'm going to Waterloo now, and I really like it there. But I think she should live in rez for at least a year for the experience.

arw9797 said:
what's so incredible about not being able to see what's going on?!?!

To hear about it and know that these guys who haven't broken up or had a death in their band and is one of the best bands out there is incredible. JUST KNOWING. :)

get what I mean? anyone?

I love that Neil Young went wild on his guitar. Can't wait to see that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom