Rock and Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nurse chrissi said:
4619242.jpg

no idea what is going on with this one :)

I saw that too :ohmy: :lmao:

Bri!!!!! Have you ever heard of the TO U2 cover band, October? They play at Slainte in Hamilton fairly frequently, and they'll be there for St. Paddy's day on Thurs. from 4 till 8.

~BrightestStar~ said:
5 songs :drool:

VP...say Hi to your daughter :wave:
:p

I did, and she said hi back. I really hope we get to meet you in the GA line!!

She's actually sitting here drawing, and she asked what she should draw. I told her Bono, of course. Not a bad first effort! :)

VintagePunk said:

I did, and she said hi back. I really hope we get to meet you in the GA line!!

She's actually sitting here drawing, and she asked what she should draw. I told her Bono, of course. Not a bad first effort! :)

She's 17 right?
Last year of High school...OoOoOo...has she thought about a dress yet?

It would be awesome if we met up. :up:

how long does this thing last??? nothing even posted about the pretenders yet...

trish0860 said:
Update the :censored: blog already!
Judging from the guy's comments at the beginning of the blog he's a big Chrissie Hynde fan so he's probably paying close attention to their induction and performance.

i hope the blogger is behind because his jaw has dropped at U2's amazing performance...

~BrightestStar~ said:

She's 17 right?
Last year of High school...OoOoOo...has she thought about a dress yet?

It would be awesome if we met up. :up:

Actually, she's just turning 17 on Wednesday. She's in grade 11, but wants to take an extra year, so she has two more after this one. She's really smart, and there are a ton of classes she wants to take....plus she's not in a hurry to leave mommy to go to university on her own. :) Her prom's not till next year, but she went to semi-formal this year, and got this freakin' amazing dress....gorgeous!

This was a post I put together last night. I thought that one of us could do as good of an induction thank you to U2 as anyone else.

It came straight from my Heart.

I have had few prouder moments in my life than right now - how nice for the music world to vindicate that the band I started following 24 years ago would turn out to be worthy of being inducted into the R & R Hall of Fame!

ALL Love and Respect to U2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Bono,

On the eve of ONE of the most important events in U2 history - the induction of all four of you into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - I am humbled to deliver this message to you.

May you always be aware of the TREMENDOUSLY POSITIVE influence that you have had on our lives.

Through the BEAUTIFUL and UPLIFTING music that you have created with the other members of U2 over the last 25 years, you have brought into our lives a power that opens our Hearts and our Minds and makes us aware of the possibilities for Good in life.

You have challenged us to be our best as you have proceeded to become your best.

You have inspired us, humored us, comforted us, challenged us and given us a glimpse of a man worthy of our time and money and, more importantly, worthy of our Love and Devotion.

My ONE Hope for you is that you never doubt yourself . You are much more powerful and effective in your efforts to make our world a better place than you will ever know.

You have done all that could ever have been asked of you. You have helped to bring the world closer together. You have brought Light to those in our world who were alone and struggling through the Darkness.

You have helped to turn the wheels of Justice so that EVERYONE in our world can one day sit at the table of Peace and Prosperity, and not have to continue to beg the Crumbs from Our Tables.

The seeds that you and U2 have planted in our Hearts through your music - the seeds of Love, Peace, Unity, Tolerance, Forgiveness and Grace - HAVE TAKEN ROOT and will, ONE day, BLOSSOM so that, In the Name of Love, we can make our own contributions toward making our world a better place for everyone.

Thus, when you and the other members of U2 step up to the podium tomorrow night to receive your award, please try to remember the millions of people in the world whose lives have been changed for the Good by your ( U2's) presence in their lives. And please know, in some small way, that we are all out here celebrating your lives, your music and ALL the Gifts that U(2) have given us.

From the working class streets of North Dublin to the greatest music halls of the world (and for you, dear man, throw in the White House too), U2 has reached the mountaintop and taken us along for the ride.

THANK YOU, Bono. And enjoy the view.

:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom