Rock and Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the link--gives a pretty detailed synopsis of what's going on...no U2 induction yet...

figures...and justin timberlake inducting the O'Jays? that is just bizarre...

Yea, that is kinda bizarre. What's even more bizarre is that I remember their big hit "Love Train".

God, it sucks to get old.

The Cleveland blogger thought Justin did a better job than expected with his induction speech. It does seem like an odd choice, but he seems to have been respectful and brief in his comments. Good for him.

And I remember "Love Train" too! It's on the "Hitch" soundtrack, which also has what will be the song of the summer on it, Amerie's "1 Thing."

I am 3000 miles away from the ceremony and I'm sitting here with ants in my pants just waitin for it to be U2's turn! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

*sigh* bono is beautiful and all but there are three other memebers floatin' around somewhere. :wink:

U2Girl1978 said:
It makes me sad for some reason :sad:

Don't be sad. They've earned this whether they believe it or not. This is not the end for them, they have alot more songs to write and record and perform.

did you see the setlist One4U2 posted just below this thread? She got the info outside the Waldorf--Pride, UTEOTW, and Veritgo. Wow. Strangeness.

trish0860 said:

Don't be sad. They've earned this whether they believe it or not. This is not the end for them, they have alot more songs to write and record and perform.

I hope so...

It just makes me sad that I discovered their music this late in life. I wish I had gotten into them earlier. *meh*

At least I am seeing them in concerts this time. :drool:

Last edited:
I agree with the feeling old. I distinctly remember watching one of the first induction ceremonies in the late eighties and wondering if U2 would get in someday and thinking that if they did it wouldn't be for a very long time. Well, that 'very long time' sure went by fast!

It does feel strange not to be able to see it live...and it also feels strange to realize they've been at it for 25 years! (and that I've been around long enough to have followed them most of that time...sheesh...where's my walker??)

Zootomic said:
I agree with the feeling old. I distinctly remember watching one of the first induction ceremonies in the late eighties and wondering if U2 would get in someday and thinking that if they did it wouldn't be for a very long time. Well, that 'very long time' sure went by fast!

No kidding! But how great is it to see how far they've come and all they've accomplished? And we got to grow up with them?

U2Girl1978 said:

I hope so...

It just makes me sad that I discovered their music this late in life. I wish I had gotten into them earlier. *meh*

At least I am seeing them in concerts this time. :drool:

I just discovered them also....:|

Zootomic said:

In the context of passing time, the blog guy mentioned remembering the Pretender's 1979 album. I have that album. *sigh* I'm excited tonight for them too. Chrissie Hynde kicks ass. Take that Avril Lavigne, you wannabe!

before people start yelling at me that these are just more Bono pics, you can see Adam sitting next to Jordan, so there :)

e960996b.jpg

98bbfaa3.jpg

U2Girl1978 said:
I really do hope that there is more to come after this tour... :sigh:
I'd be any amount of money this is *not* their last album...no worries :hug:

trish0860 said:

No kidding! But how great is it to see how far they've come and all they've accomplished? And we got to grow up with them?
and we all have better haircuts now...

Kelly, thanks for the pics! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom