Roadtrippin' with U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I already posted this thread in EYKIW, but apparently they are not the TRUE fanatics...LMAO...Ok ladies here's the deal...

I am planning a cross country road trip with some friends this summer and we need some suggestions...we are all huge U2 fans and we want to get the bang for our buck on this trip and visit as many U2 places as we can...

We've already thought of the well known places, like Red rocks, Joshua Tree...Memphis...but we need other suggestions...like lesser known places...hole in the wall clubs they might have played...they can be located anywhere...So far the road trip is starting in Florida...heading up the east coast to NY (further if we have to) and then on to Cali!

So if you know of any places please post them here! Even if it seems insignificant...road trips are all about the silly little things!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I wasn't sure if this should go in PLEBAn's since it is for personal reasons, but ANYONE can use this info about U2 so I left it here.

You may want to check out the club in Boston they played in their first time in the U.S. If I'm not mistaken they played there second right after their New York gigs. They were someone's opening act, I think. They blew away the crowd and people left before the headliners even came on. I think that happened in Boston. I forget the name of the club however. :mad: :scream::confused: :confused: :scratch:

Last edited:
while your in Memphis there are a few places to go and see that U2 has been spoted at.
The Peabody Hotel (if you want a room there I think they start out at $99)
The Cockeyed Camel (a lil hole in the wall but they go when ever they are in town )
The hill on River side drive. not that I have ever found the exact loacation and slid down on my butt:reject:
B.B. kings and silky's pub on Beale St.
Sun studios
Tupelo Mississippi

dreams out loud said:
while your in Memphis there are a few places to go and see that U2 has been spoted at.
The Peabody Hotel (if you want a room there I think they start out at $99)
The Cockeyed Camel (a lil hole in the wall but they go when ever they are in town )
The hill on River side drive. not that I have ever found the exact loacation and slid down on my butt:reject:
B.B. kings and silky's pub on Beale St.
Sun studios
Tupelo Mississippi

I used to live in Tennessee! I've been to all of those places except Tupelo...what's in Tupelo?

My other friends have not been to Memphis so it will be fun to see those places again with new people!

go.. to.. south bend and visit notre dame!
cos that has so much U2 significance... they played there! Once! Bono stole someone's bike!

and, you know, I live there... :D

BAAAAAAAHHHDOOOOOIIIIIIT!

And you can come to Grand Rapids and go to the church they played at in 1981 when Bono had the stomach flu.
And, y'know, visit us.
wink3.gif

...evidently I have a twitch. But you should do it anyway. :yes:

*edited cause I found the right smilie and am a nerd*
naughty.gif

Uh, yeah, so I'ma go over here now and pretend Michigan has *anything* U2 related in it...:D

Last edited:
Re: BAAAAAAAHHHDOOOOOIIIIIIT!

Ultraviolet Light said:
*edited cause I found the right smilie and am a nerd*
naughty.gif

That is one scary ass mofo smilie... it looks like it's pimping or something...

actually... you know what it reminds me of? you know those roly poly twin bugs from "A Bug's Life"? reminds me of them...

everyone thinks the majority of the south western part of the country is just ugly desert and cactus but let me just say that 2 summers ago i took a roadtrip from texas to california on old route 66 and it was gorgeous. i listened to rattle and hum alot and i could really understand how they fell in love with america the way they did. so if you can you really should try to drive on parts of route 66.

Back
Top Bottom