Road to Hell Chp 5 ~ Bono does drive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
"OK just breath...in and out, in and out...it's gonna be ok you can do this...just keep both hands on the wheel...make sure to use your signals, and um...you know hands at ten and two...just keep your eyes on the road....NEVER let go of the wheel....well I guess you can't but --"

"EDGE! I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE MAN JUST SIT DOWN AND RELAX!" Bono was slightly exasperated, as he was rather uncomfortable from being handcuffed to the steering wheel of a bright yellow school bus. It was bad enough that it was a school bus and not a charter bus, but now he had all these girls...watching him...staring at him...it was quite unnerving.

"So um...Bono :giggle: my name is hcbiggs and for the record, I think it's TERRIFIC that you will be driving us today :yes:"

"Well um, i'm glad you feel that way..uh...yes...glad I'm supported by SOMEONE even though I don't exactly know you."

"Ok, listen up people!" it was Joe the Surfer, "For your crimes against God and humanity you are going to drive this bus into this convienent pit over here until you either run out of gas or reach Hell. Don't think it's so easy either. We've stocked you PLENTY of fuel to make hte journey. Not only that but if you guys abandon the Bus....it will explode.....and poor little Bono is, after all, HANDCUFFED to the steering wheel. And before you girls go thinking that the key to your average everyday handcuffs is going to unlock him I have news for you....they won't :evil: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Do you like the laugh? I've been working on it...this little plan of mine is fun." This last bit he whispered so only the people on the bus could hear. "So have fun on your trip."

Edge called out, "Plan? What plan. Just exactly who are you and what is it that you're doing?!" But it was too late Joe the Surfer was gone, and the bus was being flagged down the hole. Their journey had begun. "Somethings not right guys....there's more to this Joe the Surfer than meets the eye. I think he set us up."

"Well what exactly do you plan on doing about it, man? If you haven't noticed we're on an island in the middle of the ocean, driving a school bus down a hole. Not exactly ideal circumstances. " Larry said scornfully.

"So Bono, do you like my watch? It's pretty shiny isn't it?" hcbiggs was trying hard to get bono's attention.

":ohmy: oh...oh that is shiny...I would give that an 8.863583 on the shiny scale. Wow....finding it hard...to look...awaay....should...watch where I'm....going...." As the tunnel they were driving on was round, Bono began driving up one of the walls, then down, then up, then down."

"JAY-SUS! BONO WATCH THE **** ROAD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Larry tried to grab the watch from hcbiggs, but just as he was about to Bono went up one of the wall sides again, and larry was slammed into the side of the bus, where he fell unconcious. Devlin and half of the girls on the bus ran to 'make sure he was ok.'

"Larry, Larry can you hear me? :shifty: surely he won't notice if I just....run my fingers through his hair a little.....oh right LARRY LARRY WAKE UP LARRY WAKE UP!!!"

While those girls were trying to wake up Larry the rest of the girls were trying to pry hcbigg's watch out of Bono's fingers....

"BONO YOU'VE GOT TO LET IT GO!" Swinging2themusic shouted,"Just give me the watch and no one gets hurt....er uh...gosh what a time for a horrible pun...JUST GIVE ME THE WATCH!" Finally she tackled Bono...which sorta hurt him since his arms were handcuffed, but finally she pried the watch from his fingers and stuffed it in her bag. "THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT! Bono you watch the road! Everyone else! Everything shiny in this bag....NOW!"

Quickly everyone through all the shiny material they could find into that bag, and several more, so that there was *hopefully* no more distraction for Bono's already hazardous driving.

Last edited:
:sad: but I support him too!

:lol: the shiny joke is really a big one now isn't it?

:hmm: can anyone remember the very first shiny caption??

:shifty:

dreamoutloud13, you're right... cut the man's damned hair!

Speaking of shiny watches, the other day while I was typing, mine was reflecting the overhead light right into my eyes and practically blinding me. I had to turn it around the other way :lol:

...**puts her watch in the bag**

bono_212 said:
gah! i'm sorry hcbiggs...I haven't been around that long :reject:

Oh wow and there's me thinking I'd been going on about it sooo much that everyone here was probably fed up to the back teeth of hearing about it!! Albeit it was only a brief encounter, so I doubt if Bono would really remember me even if I was ever lucky enough to meet him again!?! :wink:

Anyway I finally got around to writing the whole story up on my live journal that you'll find here:-

http://luthienbono.livejournal.com/

I mean, I'm sure you must've seen the following photos of my encounter with both Bono...

Bono2d-Angleterre.jpg

and Edge

Edge_0002.jpg

...in Copenhagen?!? Edge is in the act of signing my book in this pic!! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Very funny and exciting chapter Bono212! Cannot wait to see what happens next.
hcbiggs2002:drool: Very nice pics, I am sure that was an amazing exprience for you.

Devlin and Larry groom:combust:

wow...i lose the internet for 3 days and come back to find out i'm making bad puns! :D that just made my day! my life guard instincts come into play even when i'm on a bus to hell :wink:

Back
Top Bottom