Ring Finger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dclawyer

The Fly
Adam used to wear a claddagh ring on his left hand when he was with Suzie, but I have noticed in pics since the breakup that he still wears a ring on his left hand. Has anyone seen if its still the claddagh ring? Is he back with Suzie after all? I especially noticed it in pics from Sundance and it got me wondering.

Even if it's a claddagh ring, that doesn't mean anything. I keep wearing mine whether or not I'm with anyone. It's just the way it's worn that determines its "meaning."

They have four members, and one of them belongs to a guy named Adam.

I'll show myself out.

So, how many minutes before this gets moved to PLEBA? Or is it going to become EYKIW's new Crawford thread? Looks like cori's bad joke is putting us on the latter track. :wink:

I didn't even know Adam was with someone called Suzie or that they had broken up.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Adam isn't still with Naomi?:huh:

Oh ... so that's who it is. I always thought he was John. The one with Naomi. Not John. He's Adam. Gotcha.

HE'S NOT !!?? :sad:

dclawyer said:
Adam used to wear a claddagh ring on his left hand when he was with Suzie, but I have noticed in pics since the breakup that he still wears a ring on his left hand. Has anyone seen if its still the claddagh ring? Is he back with Suzie after all? I especially noticed it in pics from Sundance and it got me wondering.
Adam's been wearing that ring on his left hand since at least 1995 (it's visible in some Passengers-era photos.) I'm not sure if it's actually a claddagh ring (all it looks like to me is a darkish triangle), but I don't think it was any sort of "promise" ring with Suzie or anything, because they weren't together yet as early as 1995, and he's worn it absolutely consistantly since they broke up.
Perhaps it was given to him by another member of the band, or by a family member, or maybe he just bought it and liked it. I like the theory that it was given to him by a member of the band though. Bono's had the ring he wears on his left pinky just about as long (since Passengers) and it was reportedly given to him by Larry :cute:

(Dear God, why do I know these things? :|)

Re: Re: Ring Finger

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Bono's had the ring he wears on his left pinky just about as long (since Passengers) and it was reportedly given to him by Larry :cute:

Lying cheating bastard, he told me I was the only one he gave that ring to and that our relationship was something he cherished...

He probably has a whole box full of them that he just hands out to anyone.:|

You're probably right. Wherever I read it said that Larry's actually given Bono the ring two or three different times, because Bono keeps losing it.

Who knows how many more he's given out. He never gave me one though (not that I care :shrug: )

Re: Re: Ring Finger

:tongue: Larry's given him different versions tho.... first a gold one, then a white gold one...

and it's got a fish on it...

also, for those interested/bored/gotnothingbettertodo... Adam used to be together with Suzie (Smith?) from PM canada since... somewhere 98 or so... they were engaged since early 07, but the engagement was broken off...
:wink: and Adam and Naomi ended somewhere the same year they started...

I also noticed that he was wearing a ring on his ring finger and thought that i must of missed something. then i realized that he's always worn a ring on that finger. i just didn't feel right bringing something that personal up about such a private person.

i suppose its just a claddagh. plus you wear it when you are or are not with someone. as long as he's happy. :)

Re: Re: Re: Ring Finger

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Lying cheating bastard, he told me I was the only one he gave that ring to and that our relationship was something he cherished...

He probably has a whole box full of them that he just hands out to anyone.:|

Wait a minute.............

Oh shit, that fookin bastard!

Suave, my ass!

Men!

Hi all...whilst we are all talking about rings...When I met Bono the 1st time..he had a most magnificent ring on his right hand...I have only see him in 1 picture wearing it...when he met the prime minister of France recently...he was wearing it then...He seems only to wear it for really important events...Its gold with a huge purple stone in it...truly gorgeous...anyone know anything about this ring...Suzanna xx

suzannagirl said:
Hi all...whilst we are all talking about rings...When I met Bono the 1st time..he had a most magnificent ring on his right hand...I have only see him in 1 picture wearing it...when he met the prime minister of France recently...he was wearing it then...He seems only to wear it for really important events...Its gold with a huge purple stone in it...truly gorgeous...anyone know anything about this ring...Suzanna xx
Yes we noticed that ring in the pictures from Paris. If I recall correctly, he was also wearing it in the pictures of him at the races on Boxing day. I can't recall ever seeing it prior to that, so perhaps it was a Christmas present?

He wore it when he was knighted too, so he has had it at least since then.
March of 2007

KnightCommanderBono3-29-2007.jpg

It's gorgeous. :drool: It could be a smooth polished (rather than faceted) amethyst. I have been looking for something similar for a long time. It also reminds me of the old mood rings we wore in the 70's.

bonocomet said:
It's gorgeous. :drool: It could be a smooth polished (rather than faceted) amethyst. I have been looking for something similar for a long time. It also reminds me of the old mood rings we wore in the 70's.
I thought of mood rings too :giggle:

If it is an amethyst, I think that would suit Bono, I just read this:

"It is a symbol of heavenly understanding, and of the pioneer in thought and action on the philosophical, religious, spiritual, and material planes"

Sounds like our man. But then I read the next line:

"Ranking members of the Roman Catholic Church traditionally wear rings set with a large amethyst as part of their office."

BONO FOR POPE! BONO FOR POPE! :hyper:

It could also be a purple tourmaline. Tourmalines are said to inspire creativity :)

:giggle:

I think purple was always associated with royalty too right? I think I remember reading that at some time, only royalty could wear amethyst, or even anything purple. :hmm:

Isn't purple the color of the Holy Spirit?

Did you guys make that connection during the Vertigo Tour when they played Mysterious Ways that the lighting was purple?

The Spirit moves ... :) I love that part... that purple glow is so cool!

I think that is why Bono is drawn to that color, he is full The Spirit if you ask me!

bonocomet said:
I think purple was always associated with royalty too right? I think I remember reading that at some time, only royalty could wear amethyst, or even anything purple. :hmm:
:yes: It's because originally, purple pigment or dye or whatnot was so rare that only royalty could afford it. Kind of like how ultramarine was once so rare it could only be used to paint sacred things, like the Virgin Mary's robe (it's true but I originally heard it on a movie, and I can't remember which... it will now drive me crazy :uhoh: )

I've never heard of purple being the colour for the holy spirit though :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom