Rightie? Leftie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back on topic......

Bono, Adam and Edge all play right handed guitars.

In an interview with Sam (Larry's drum tech) he says something like, "... Which is the opposite to the way most right-handed drummers set their kits up..." Which seems to suggest Larry is right-handed too. Also, I've seen pictures of him signing things with his right hand.

And back off topic....

Has anyone else noticed that braclet Larry practically always wears. Its uber-pretty. :cute:

JezSnape said:
Ok, sorry for posting twice, but... I read through a few of the other posts on this thread, and I realized there was more I wanted to ask. About the earrings. Now, Bono has an earring in his left ear, which is placed oddly (too high). Edge also has a too high placed earring in his left ear, and Larry has a too high placed earring on his right ear (or do you say "in" his right ear?)

Bono's left earring is, when looked in front., too much to the right... edges is indeed too high.. larrry, I haven't noticed yet... but what was your question?
(also I think it's very cute when Bono talks, his earrings wiggle with him :D)

butter7 said:
use flashget or net transport, you'll be able to download this video. :)
can you link me to any of those? I dont know them... :s

Sorry... what I meant to ask was: WHY?
Why would anyone place an earring there? I've heard (read) the theories about there being piercings underneath Bono and Edge's but I haven't seen any pictures of that...
And as for Larry...

larred.jpg

larbw.jpg

I probably have more pictures, but these are what I found right now...

I had read somewhere that their piercings are all "homemade", thus the weird placements... don't know if that is true though...

Miroslava said:
I had read somewhere that their piercings are all "homemade", thus the weird placements... don't know if that is true though...
that would be pretty painfull! but it could explain why they all got them around the same time, 83 or 84 right?

I think it was pretty common... I know my mom got her's done by an aunt (and my mom is only 3years older than Bono :shifty: ) They rubbed ice cubes on her ear lobes, pierced her with a needle soaked in rubbing alcohol and then had little threads ran through the holes and looped so as to keep the piercings open.

:yikes:

:crack:

It's a pretty weird place for a piercing, even for a homemade one. It isn't that difficult to direct a needle. I have both "real" and homemade piercings, and they're all where I want them. I tried to pierce my nose with a needle when I was 14, didn't go too well, but it ended up where I wanted it... Anyway, I was just curious...

Miroslava said:
I think it was pretty common... I know my mom got her's done by an aunt (and my mom is only 3years older than Bono :shifty: ) They rubbed ice cubes on her ear lobes, pierced her with a needle soaked in rubbing alcohol and then had little threads ran through the holes and looped so as to keep the piercings open.

too... much... detail... :faint:
ughh well my earts are both twice nicely pierced by the jeweler... I really don't like needles, I mean, I really HATE them... :scared:

Girlies I discovered something... If you have Flash Get installed and rigth click on the link to the interview we can't download and click on "Download using Flash Get" you can download it!!!! :hyper: So coooooooool!! Try it :wink:

EDIT: I'm sucha loser, sorry butter7, didn't read your post :) :lol: I didn't discover anything!!!

Last edited:
I have to say though, when I pierced my ears at the jeweller, I don't know if it's the same procedure everywhere, but taking the holes with that gun hurt more than it did with a needle. It was faster, though. I have three piercings in each ear, and my mum did four of them, with a gun like the jeweller have (She's a certified piercer, or whatever it's called...) and it took no time at all doing them...

Hey I haven't read that "homemeade" theory before :ohmy: My piercings were done when I was like 1 day old in the hospital :lol: so i can't add too much to this Only that I always thought that the odd earring placements were on purpose!! Especially Edge's!! I think they look cool :happy:

Now, if they weren't on purpose.. losers!! :lmao: :wink:

Miroslava said:

I have read that also, more than once, and that Bono actually did his own!:crazy: or:drunk: , or both?

^That wouldn't surprise me.

Bono: Hey Edge! I've got a great idea. Let's all get our ears pierced!
Edge: Errrm.. Ok Bono. Where?
Bono: That's the best thing! I'm going to do them! All of them! Just me!!
Edge :crazy:

-Nikki

Miroslava said:

:yikes: *hides* :crack:

This sounds familar......oh yes, that infamous scene from Grease. :lol:

I know we love them dearly, but we must not forget, they are men... :tsk: If indeed it was their doing, there probably was very little thought involved...

:sexywink:

Well, I think they're cool right where they are... as to their positioning, I am still going to go with them being boys and not knowing any better :wink:

:lol:

Well, I guess that would be the most logical explanation, that either it's a mistake, or it is actually where they want them... I was so hoping for this secret group thing meaning.... I've read to much Dan Brown, I'm looking for conspiracy theories everywhere...

VicksSs said:
Girlies I discovered something... If you have Flash Get installed and rigth click on the link to the interview we can't download and click on "Download using Flash Get" you can download it!!!! :hyper: So coooooooool!! Try it :wink:

EDIT: I'm sucha loser, sorry butter7, didn't read your post :) :lol: I didn't discover anything!!!

how can I get Flash Get??? I have about 28191837192 things in playlist(MUSIC VIDEO"s!!!) and with that program, I could be able to get any music video of U2 I want :D

Miroslava said:
Well, I think they're cool right where they are... as to their positioning, I am still going to go with them being boys and not knowing any better :wink:

:lol:

I think this too - afterall they were quite young at the time and prolly didn't care where the needle was going as long as an earring was going into it... :yes:

Random: All guitar players (with the exception of Jimi Hendrix, who played upside down) play with their right hands. It's the way guitars are generally made. You might find a few specialty guitars that are made to be payed with the left, but it's not usual.

On the rest of this thread, I will say nothing! I will say nothing!
*dies laughing* You guys are such dorks. (Affectionately meant!)

Heh. Or Paul McCartney. Shoulda said majority. Don't think there are too many, though. At least, this is what I was told for the brief moment I studied guitar.
Wierdos.Thasscool, though. I think I'd rather play left handed.
Watches: Can't stand 'em. On the few occasions I wore them (they make my arthritis flare up like the very devil himself) I've always worn them on the hand I wrote with. Oddly enough, I keep my cellphone on my writing hand side, too. I'm right handed.

Devlin said:
Random: All guitar players (with the exception of Jimi Hendrix, who played upside down) play with their right hands. It's the way guitars are generally made. You might find a few specialty guitars that are made to be payed with the left, but it's not usual.

:bow: Jimi Hendrix

:uhoh: I guess that makes me a dork too:giggle:

We're all dorks, I guess... I like being a dork in this case, everybody I've talked to so far are so nice!

what would that make me? queen of the dorks? ÜberDork?
oh and whatever you call me, don't forget to mention I'm darn proud of it :lol: :D
however, I did find some new pictures... too bad I can't post them... :wink:

Devlin said:

Err, because I have a strange family and my brother, uncle and cousin all play lefty guitar I have to say that they're a lot more common then you think. There's a big guitar store in Toronto that normally always has a few lefty guitars and basses in stock and if you want a certain model they'll order it in for you. Also being right or left handed doesn't always influence what way you play guitar, my brothers left handed but both my cousin and uncle are right handed yet they all play lefty guitar and my friend Joel - who is righ handed - can play both right and lefty guitar. Theres also a few famous lefty guitar players like Paul McCartney - who was mentioned above - as well as Kris Roe from The Ataris, Andrew White from the Kaiser Chiefs and Bob Geldof, plus probably quite a few more that I don't know about off the top of my head. So really playing right or lefty guitar doesn't tell you if a person right handed anymore then what wrist they wear their watch on.

Yes I am a music nerd who might know a little too much on this topic. I'll shut up now.

Heh. Yes, 'dork' is affectionate in my case. In all hte wirdness about right/left handed guitars, that was my point. You can't tell which hand they write with by the way they play guitar. I'm mostly right handed - yet I managed to play my guitar upside down. Heck, I een restrung it once to play left handed. Heh.
Anyway. UberDork! GaleonGirl! Cool.
Okie. No more coffee for me.

Back
Top Bottom