request: Bonosleeves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Babydoll said:
Does anyone know why Bono does the sleeves thing? To me its a kinda annoying to see ppl do that. I always roll my sleeves up if they are long, touching the wrist even... Is it a security thing, I wonder?

Bono is about 5'7'' - 5'8'', and I think that sleeves might just naturally measure a little long on him anyways. So I don't think he started out doing it on purpose, but they just fit him longer and he now likes it better that way . He can obviously afford a tailor if he wanted them shorter :wink:

I think it looks cute on him :D
I usually do that with shirts and my denim jacket too.. dunno why.. even before I knew bono... it just feels better for me... more... free.. ok that sounds weird.. but still.. ^^

Yeah. It's a short person thing. Haha. I have the same issue. I've never really noticed it to tell the truth :shrug:

bonocomet said:
(still waiting for Larry Bonosleeves.....)
I don't know that that will ever happen considering Larry always wears shirts several times too small :hmm: :combust:

kafrun said:

I don't know that that will ever happen considering Larry always wears shirts several times too small :hmm: :combust:

I know it's just wishful thinking....

Not that I mind his little shirts or anything :)

thankyou said:

Bono is about 5'7'' - 5'8'', and I think that sleeves might just naturally measure a little long on him anyways. So I don't think he started out doing it on purpose, but they just fit him longer and he now likes it better that way . He can obviously afford a tailor if he wanted them shorter :wink:

Cold hands?? :scratch:

Well i have to say that I've always done the sleeve thing as a counter to nervous habits, of which I have many....it's that or the watches....I can't not have a watch on my arm, and I always fiddle with it...and now that we have these rubber braclets, i'm always flipping htose around on my wrist...but the sleeves are even bettter cause you can hold on to them.....

Anway....so I alwasy felt kinda goofy about the sleeve thing being a cure for my nervousness...but when I saw that Bono did it too it made me feel better. Everyone knows Bono is a rather nervous person (or at least I think he is from interviews and stuttering and such) and so it was nice to see my little hero, was just like me.

BTW 5'1" is me

I always thought of B. as more restless than nervous. He seems very calm tho and self assured, at least these days, when he does interviews. :)

bono_212 said:
Well i have to say that I've always done the sleeve thing as a counter to nervous habits, of which I have many....it's that or the watches....I can't not have a watch on my arm, and I always fiddle with it...and now that we have these rubber braclets, i'm always flipping htose around on my wrist...but the sleeves are even bettter cause you can hold on to them.....

Anway....so I alwasy felt kinda goofy about the sleeve thing being a cure for my nervousness...but when I saw that Bono did it too it made me feel better. Everyone knows Bono is a rather nervous person (or at least I think he is from interviews and stuttering and such) and so it was nice to see my little hero, was just like me.

BTW 5'1" is me

well he stutters in interviews all the time.. but I don't think it's nervousness.. it's more like his hyperactivity, and he wants to say something but already thinks about the next word.. and messes up.. I have that like... a lot... :D
oh and I wear my watch right hand, and write with left... but my parents and sister all wear their watch left.. they tried to make me wear it left as a kid too(dont know why) but I just didn't want it... dunno why... but my One wristband is on me left hand... same as B:D

Galeongirl said:

well he stutters in interviews all the time.. but I don't think it's nervousness.. it's more like his hyperactivity, and he wants to say something but already thinks about the next word.. and messes up.. I have that like... a lot... :D
oh and I wear my watch right hand, and write with left... but my parents and sister all wear their watch left.. they tried to make me wear it left as a kid too(dont know why) but I just didn't want it... dunno why... but my One wristband is on me left hand... same as B:D

Yes I agree, that Bono always seems to be in hurry to get his words out, coz he always seems to have so much to say, that he stumbles over his words. Which is just sooo cute!!:hug:

P.S I have my One band on my left wrist too.

hcbiggs2002 said:

Yes I agree, that Bono always seems to be in hurry to get his words out, coz he always seems to have so much to say, that he stumbles over his words. Which is just sooo cute!!:hug:

P.S I have my One band on my left wrist too.

heh yay us left hand-banders :hug:
I think it's cute too that he always stumbles over his words.. and that he always does the :hmm: thingy... the way he scratches his scruff... :love:
and his hands.. he always moves with his hands and arms when he talks, to express himself... soo cute :wink:

90444560_eb33525b36.jpg

would this classify as Larry having Bonosleeves? I think that's the closest I've seen him to having them at least. And if not, he's still :drool: -able. Oh, I also wear my One band on my left wrist :)

u2shamrock said:
90444560_eb33525b36.jpg

would this classify as Larry having Bonosleeves? I think that's the closest I've seen him to having them at least. And if not, he's still :drool: -able. Oh, I also wear my One band on my left wrist :)
Oh! Larry definitely had Bonosleeves during that shoot (the All That You Can't Leave Behind airport photo shoot).
I just turned around and looked at the poster on my wall, and yup, Bonosleeves.

elevationposter.jpg

Anyone have a better version of this photo?

More:
airport2.jpg

january.jpg

I think Bono is restless; he's way too confident to be "nervous". And yes, he's always in a rush to get his words out because he has so many of them and they're important when you're trying to save the world.

u2shamrock said:
90444560_eb33525b36.jpg

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Oh! Larry definitely had Bonosleeves during that shoot (the All That You Can't Leave Behind airport photo shoot).
I just turned around and looked at the poster on my wall, and yup, Bonosleeves.

elevationposter.jpg

Anyone have a better version of this photo?

More:
airport2.jpg

january.jpg

OMG u2shamrock & Dreamoutloud13!!!!! You came through for me!!! Larry in bonosleeves! yay!! Thank you! ok I'm happy now! :)

Back
Top Bottom