Report from London!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooGrl

The Fly
I am living vicariously through Sara (Miss Zooropa) who was with Gabriella, or should I say EdgeGirl, our friend Johanna from Germany (the girl with the red hair and mirrorball hat, if you've seen her), and Johanna's friend, Paul at the show tonight. She was, to put it mildly, very exited- the 2nd London show was fantastic, the best she's seen, she's never seen so much energy from the band. And the set list was amazing as well, which always helps. (You'll have to go elsewhere to find it, though, I just got bits and pieces- Ground Beneath her Feet, Angel of Harlem, Discotheque, Out of Control- no New Years Day or the Fly, that's all I remember).

Sara was #19 and decided to try the outside tip, which she said was great because she got to see the show from "a club perspective". She said they only played Ground at the tip though, so she should have picked the first night to go there as they played more.

Ok, notes from the show:
Out of Control: In one word, incredible. Sara said she's seen it live before but they put everything they had into it this time and really got the crowd rocking.

Bono's subtle Boston apology: At some point, Bono takes a moment to say how he has seen some faces he's seen before, from Miami, Pittsburgh, Copenhagen, etc. He then says he's very thankful for the multiple concertgoers because they have to sleep outside, wait for a long time, etc, etc. Finally we get some recognition!!! *lol*

Mysterious Ways: Bono got really into dancing, to the point that some girls in the front row take out dollar bills and try to give them to him. He takes the money, then unzips his pants briefly.

Angel of Harlem: Before One, Bono asked the crowd: "do you want to hear One now?" <big cheers> "Well, you're going to have to wait..." He and Edge start an acoustic version, then look at Larry, and it ends with the full band.

Bono wasn't singing the high notes tonight, but he did at the first show and both Sara and Johanna agree that he sounded great.

After the last night's show, Sara and Johanna went back to the apartment to have a shower, then back to the arena where Bono, they find out, is still inside. He comes out with Jordan and Eve and signs autographs. He immediately goes over to Johanna (who he bit and held hands with during the show) and said, "Hi Johanna, thank you for letting me hold you hand tonight" and Johanna's wondering how he ever figured out her name but later wished she had said "you can do it more often if you like!"
Apparently Bono wasn't in a great mood (he didn't feel like posing for photos) but he did sign the Slovenian guy's U2 car... ("Could you autograph the car?"..."Sure, I love signing cars..." *lol*)

They left the arena right after the show tonite, so no one bothered to wait. Tomorrow's a day off, then Tuesday I will talk to her again and report back... :)

WoW!! sounds exciting....now I am really looking forward to their return to the States!!!
jump.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans" --Edge

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

Maria

i read about the setlist from Earl's court on one of the U2 list, and I can only HOPE AND PRAY that they do a setlist like that one here in Dallas!!!! I think if I got to hear Discotheque (DUH!!), UTEOTW and GBHF, I would just die and go to heaven!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

MORE POP! MORE POP! MORE POP!!!

Disco

I was at the Houston show!!!
smokin.gif

It was the best....OMG....I am getting all giddy with excitement again!!! I can't wait to see them again!!! I was on Edgie's side for the Houston show, right in front of Bono for the San Antonio (popmart) show, maybe the 3rd time is the charm!!! Maybe, I will be in Adam's face this time!!!! *maria faints*....

Disco- I agree, I want to hear more from Pop too! They played your song in Montreal, it was fantastic.. very rockin' :)

Ok, on that note... I am going to try to post some more pics of Bono shirtless from Copenhagen. :) My friend Jakob sent them to me, but please bear with me if they don't work!! *lol*

Alrighty... the moment of truth... *lol* Shirtless Bono pic #4, taken by Jakob... lets see if this works... :)
getImage.pl

Thanks for the review, ZooGrl! I wonder if there are any pics of Bono unzipping his pants!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
And I'm impressed he knew Johanna name- how would he know that?

------------------
lift my days, light up my nights...love...

Hmm, odd, it worked before and now it's not. Argh.
No problem for posting the review, and yes, I am really confused (as was Johanna) as to how he knew her name! He did *recognize* her in Copenhagen from the Popmart tour (she danced with him in Johannasberg & Copenhagen in 97 or 98), but as for names... very strange!!
If I find any pics of Bono unzipping his pants, I will be sure to post them :) Or at least attempt to... *lol*

Back
Top Bottom