Remember this vid clip ladies! Hilarious!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:
huh? am I missing something?? never heard of his dad having issues with a clip or so... tell me please!
:uhoh: I don't think Bob objected to a particular clip (Melpop or otherwise), just his son's behavior onstage in general. Sorry, no good with researching articles/book quotes. But I do remember him saying something about Bono rolling around with women onstage and not being too happy about it. :shrug: He was also unhappy with Bono's smoking.

u2shamrock said:

oh, wow. All i can say is I really wish I was that girl!! :wink: :drool: Imagine coming home from a concert, and going to school/work the next day to tell everyone that Bono straddled you. :ohmy: :lmao:
she actually is a member here.. it is melpop.. montreal elevation tour.... err 27th of may if I'm not mistaken XD she met him in dublin in 2002, and got a ride in his car, and a kiss!
*searches threads*
this is the one for the car story.. the first story should be linked somewhere there
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58254&pagenumber=1

yes, she is very very lucky :drool:

oh thanks U2forlife! I never heard about it tho... hope somebody here can find that article or quote for me :D

Last edited:
Dudette said:
AWWWW I haven't that clip since it was on telly! My fellow geordies. Cheers!
Great acting there Bono ;)

I BE A GEORDIE, MON!! Although me accent ain't that pronounced. You can tell it's there though. WOOH! GO JIMMEH!!

And I saw that when I was eleven, or twelve, whenever it was on. And I remember that part! Didna know it was them. I didn't like good music then, so I shall be forgiven. WHOOT!!

Galeongirl said:

she actually is a member here.. it is melpop.. montreal elevation tour.... err 27th of may if I'm not mistaken XD she met him in dublin in 2002, and got a ride in his car, and a kiss!
*searches threads*
this is the one for the car story.. the first story should be linked somewhere there
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58254&pagenumber=1

yes, she is very very lucky :drool:

thanks for the info Galeongirl. I think that if i was her, I'd just die!! She's so lucky! And to be straddled by and kiss Bono.....:drool: :combust:
I definitely can't concentrate on my homework now :D

u2shamrock said:

thanks for the info Galeongirl. I think that if i was her, I'd just die!! She's so lucky! And to be straddled by and kiss Bono.....:drool: :combust:
I definitely can't concentrate on my homework now :D

sadly she's not here that much anymore... she was on another site that time too... and had some interesting things to tell about the Bonoatonomy :angel: sadly I wasn't a u2 fan at that time and wasn't there... and the mails are gone.. *sigh*

and yes, I am insanely jealous at her.. I'd die aswell.. :drool:

Last edited:
SimplyConfused said:

I BE A GEORDIE, MON!! Although me accent ain't that pronounced. You can tell it's there though. WOOH! GO JIMMEH!!

And I saw that when I was eleven, or twelve, whenever it was on. And I remember that part! Didna know it was them. I didn't like good music then, so I shall be forgiven. WHOOT!!

Geordies!! Go us! lol
I saw Tim Healy walking round Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. First thing that popped in my head was....'OMG he's met Bono and Larry!'

Thanks for the clip!

We all rule, us Geordies.

Anywho, I just thought of what happened which made me remember that clip. At the time, as I say, I was about 11 or 12. I was at me dad's, and my little brothers were only about 3 and 4/5. I'd been watching the Auf Weidersein(sp?) Pet special for most of it, but near the end, where the big bouncer bloke breaks into the hotel room where the Geordies from the show have the money. He takes them up to the 'gangsters' room. Then I had to go up. When I got back down, my dad told me that one of the 'gangsters' had said shit and Joe, the younger brother had said "Shit's a naughty word, isn't it?" And my dad and Jane (step mum) told them not to say that word. And Frank, older one, said "Yeah, shit's a bad word. Shit, shit, shit" and they both kept saying 'shit'. Damn, I wish I'd seen it. And then I saw that clip and it was LARRY! LARRY BLOODY WELL ENCOURAGED THEM! Heh heh.

SimplyConfused said:
We all rule, us Geordies.

Anywho, I just thought of what happened which made me remember that clip. At the time, as I say, I was about 11 or 12. I was at me dad's, and my little brothers were only about 3 and 4/5. I'd been watching the Auf Weidersein(sp?) Pet special for most of it, but near the end, where the big bouncer bloke breaks into the hotel room where the Geordies from the show have the money. He takes them up to the 'gangsters' room. Then I had to go up. When I got back down, my dad told me that one of the 'gangsters' had said shit and Joe, the younger brother had said "Shit's a naughty word, isn't it?" And my dad and Jane (step mum) told them not to say that word. And Frank, older one, said "Yeah, shit's a bad word. Shit, shit, shit" and they both kept saying 'shit'. Damn, I wish I'd seen it. And then I saw that clip and it was LARRY! LARRY BLOODY WELL ENCOURAGED THEM! Heh heh.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

nice one larry!!!! get in there!

encouraging swearing....such a naughty boy :shame:

:giggle:

Arden said:
Too funny!

One question: What does Bono say after Larry says "Do Edge and Adam know about this?"

i had this transcript for this somewhere because this was asked before on another forum....people couldnt understand the geordie accents :rolleyes:

hang on and i will find it.......

Oz: "....4 backstages passes for the access all areas thing?"
Bono: "what do you want? i ride in the gulf stream?"
Oz: "oh no...thanks very much but we have to fly commercial to keep our own air miles up, ya see!"
Dennis: "It's a lot of cash to carrying about lads"
Bono's bodyguard: "On the road a lot of promoters prefer cash"
All: "oh right"
Bono: "This....is going to charity...Comic Relief. Ever heard of them?"
All: "Oh yeah...yeah!!"
Larry: "SINCE WHEN!?"
Bodyguard: "What!? ALL of it!?"
Bono: "Errr...did i not mention it?"
Larry: "DID YOU B*LLOCKS! Do Adam and Edge know about this!!?"
Bono: "they'll be cool, they'll be cool"
Larry: "you don't know that you SH*T!"
Bodyguard: "alright guys....time to move"
Bono: "its for a good cause, a good cause!"
Oz: "they say this is what broke up the Rollers ya know!"
Larry: "but i thought we were saving up to buy errr....Andorra!.....and who's gonna pay for the cigars???!"
Oz: "money! it does terrible things to some people"

Being a Canuck I don't even know what a Geordie accent is. I didn't have any trouble understanding anything else in the video just that one line and I did hear the "be cool" part - so I guess I just couldn't make out one word. Not too bad, with the accents and all :)

I had seen melpop's video clip / "roll" before. Just read her story about the meeting in Dublin and the car ride. OMFG :shocked:

:faint:

btw, thanks for that link whoever posted it :yes:

bono_212 said:
Wow....:ohmy:....to the bonohotness that is...no one ever better talk bad about miro ;)

I get a bad rep, but whatever :lol: :shrug:

I did nothing shady (other than maybe give him a lil kiss)

Galeongirl said:

huh? am I missing something?? never heard of his dad having issues with a clip or so... tell me please!

also, yeah Bono would make a pretty cool ganster.. he has the shades.. and that hat... :lmao: best hat ever!
and don't forget the cigar ofcourse...

I posted the extract from U2 At The End of the World a few months ago concerning his dad not being to impressed with a particular performance in London during Zoo TV to Babyface...

:hmm:

Found it:

http://forum.interference.com/t145020.html

Last edited:
ohhh thank you miro! I don't have the BPFallon book.. wow I didn't know they interviewed Bob! He sounds like a pretty good father to me :) his comment about going back to four guys and their music... is pretty well seen from him...
are there any video's of that 'moment' ???? :angel:

greety said:
I know I'm pretty late here, but I wanted to add that Andorra is a little tax-free paradise.
So them wanting to buy a taxfree state is even more ironic, lol

Ups, forgot that rather important detail! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom