Red Rocks Live!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really want to buy the Red Rocks vid! I don't know why it's taking me so long to buy it

I think Larry looks hot here....LOL

A_09.jpg

I also like the pic of Bono carrying the white flag and the fan that came on stage, but I couldn't find the still, sorry

:drool: :happy:

Thank you to everyone who posted stills and gifs! This is an unbelievable banquet! :love:

How ironic is it that I just went to Tower this afternoon and bought "Live At Red Rocks" and then I find this discussion about it? I had taped it off of PBS a few months back, but the pledge breaks are so horrendous that I really just wanted to have a clean copy. To anyone who doesn't have it, Amazon.com and Tower.com should have it.

Watching the "Achtung Baby" video right now -- it is so super, super, super cool and Bono looks GORGEOUS!!!!

Madonna's Child -- I completely loveth your sig! Madonna is my number hero of all times. Did you catch the tour last year? I was lucky enough to get floor seats and it completely blew me away.

Ugggh, I hate you j/k. I would have LOVED to see Madonna in concert, but she didn't come to Canada (can't blame her) and I couldn't really afford a ticket anyway. You lucky girl!!!!! Madonna is my fav artist, U2 and Madonna are my all-time FAV artists

the_fly2002 said:
Ugggh, I hate you j/k. I would have LOVED to see Madonna in concert, but she didn't come to Canada (can't blame her) and I couldn't really afford a ticket anyway. You lucky girl!!!!! Madonna is my fav artist, U2 and Madonna are my all-time FAV artists

Last year was a banquet year -- I got to see Madonna and U2!! I hear that Ms. Ritchie is doing some recording right now so she could be back. I actually got my tickets the day of the show for about $120, which is pretty steep, but it was so completely worth it! I actually got to look out and see Madonna singing, playing her guitar and smiling a few feet (maybe like 20 or so) -- you can't really put a price on something like that.

Awesome! Money wouldn't have mattered to me either, the nearest venue was New York and I would have paid top dollar, ANYTHING to see Madge in concert. Unfortunately, it sold out quickly and I couldn't get tickets. I did, however see U2 live, and for that I am very very grateful. They are AWESOME live, well worth the money I spent. I hope Madonna tours again and I can get some tickets, Madonna and U2 are my #1 fav artists and Kylie Minogue is getting up there as well LOL, but unfortunatley, I don't think Kylie's touring North America

So you enjoyed the concert eh? Cool. You're very lucky. Where were your seats? Close to the stage? Did Madonna sing alot of new stuff or was it a balance between both old and new songs? What's your fav Madonna song? Mine's Crazy For You. Sorry for all the questions LOL

Thanks and take care :cool:

the_fly2002 said:
Awesome! Money wouldn't have mattered to me either, the nearest venue was New York and I would have paid top dollar, ANYTHING to see Madge in concert. Unfortunately, it sold out quickly and I couldn't get tickets. I did, however see U2 live, and for that I am very very grateful. They are AWESOME live, well worth the money I spent. I hope Madonna tours again and I can get some tickets, Madonna and U2 are my #1 fav artists and Kylie Minogue is getting up there as well LOL, but unfortunatley, I don't think Kylie's touring North America

So you enjoyed the concert eh? Cool. You're very lucky. Where were your seats? Close to the stage? Did Madonna sing alot of new stuff or was it a balance between both old and new songs? What's your fav Madonna song? Mine's Crazy For You. Sorry for all the questions LOL

Thanks and take care :cool:

I don't mind all the questions! My seats were ridiculously great! I actually thought it was a mistake when I got to my seat because it was so close, maybe like 25 rows back on the floor, near the center. She mainly sang new stuff from the last two albums, the oldest songs she did were "Holiday" and "La Isla Bonita." My favorite Madonna song, that is such a tough one, but "Gone" is pretty high up there. I like her newer stuff best, although "True Blue" is one of my favorite albums of all time.
I must tell everyone don't fret if tickets for a concert you want to go to sell out. I got my Madonna tickets the day of the show and my U2 Elevation tickets (which were also great seats) like four days before the show. Keep checking back with Ticketmaster.com because seats do become available at the last minute!
I also dig Kylie, I bought "Fever" three weeks ago and have been listening to it constantly. I think she may tour North America, her people wanted to see how the album would go over here before planning anything.

Stories for Boys said:

but my fav part is during i threw a brick...when he says "talk talk talking" he makes the FUNNIEST hand gestures......!!!

I KNOW!!! And then during Seconds, when he sings "it's the puppets, it's the puppets pullin' the strings" he feels the need to show us what 'pulllin' the strings' would look like, were he to actually have puppets. *sigh* Oh, Bono... ;)

I also L-O-V-E the part where Bono is standing really close to Edge, sorta tryin' to annoy him, and Edge gets the CUTEST little smirk on his face and sorta shoves Bono out of the way. Hehehehe. :)

I love this video sooooo much.

so...back in the olden days (the 80's!, that's 1980's)....we used to rent this video and watch it over and over and over because of the...em...pre-elevation elevated Bono!!!! He sure must've been into this concert!!! He was very ...em...happy during most of this concert....

This video is easy to buy...Amazon and u2.com are two sources. In fact, it came as a reduced buy when I ordered the Elevation video a few months ago from Amazon.

One note though....there is a very cool section that is missing from the newer versions of Red Rocks. This is when Bono climbs up on the rocks and sings Bring on the Clowns. It is great footage, but since they did not have the rights to sing this song or much less put it on a tape, it had to be deleted in later years. If you can find an older copy, it still should have this footage. If you buy it new, it won't have it on it...mine doesn't.

"Red Rocks" is what got me hooked on U2. I knew I liked them and stuff, but one night in 1983 MTV aired the whole video. It blew me away. I had never, ever seen anything like it...I'm giving away my age but WTF.....:lol: I was absolutely hooked after that experience, and it's still an unbelievable video. Get it and watch it if you can! :idea: :idea: :idea:

dsmith2904 said:

Madonna's Child -- I completely loveth your sig! Madonna is my number hero of all times. Did you catch the tour last year? I was lucky enough to get floor seats and it completely blew me away.

Thanks, but I just changed my sig! I thought all those animated Madonna clips were a slight abuse of my signature priviliges. so instead of having Sicy yell at me, I just took them out. I'm going to bring them back later, when I take out the Bono star pic I'm using.

I didn't see the DWT. She didn't come to my hometown (Pittsburgh) and my parents wouldn't let me go out of town. (I was only 17 last summer.) I wish I'd seen it. I have the dvd, but it's not the same.

Fave Maddy song: Like a Prayer :)

madonna's child said:

Thanks, but I just changed my sig! I thought all those animated Madonna clips were a slight abuse of my signature priviliges. so instead of having Sicy yell at me, I just took them out. I'm going to bring them back later, when I take out the Bono star pic I'm using.

I didn't see the DWT. She didn't come to my hometown (Pittsburgh) and my parents wouldn't let me go out of town. (I was only 17 last summer.) I wish I'd seen it. I have the dvd, but it's not the same.

Fave Maddy song: Like a Prayer :)

The DVD is so great, I watch it when I'm on the treadmill. I think watching 42-year-old Madonna doing 10 deep knee bends and running around a stage for an hour-and-a-half is a great source of inspiration.
The concert I saw was quite different from the one on the DVD because it was the Friday after 9/11, so Madonna cut out the part with the gun, altered her costume and led the crowd in a prayer for the world.
I never imagined that I would be able to see Madonna, then when I found out about the tour I tried and tried and tried to get tickets but kept lucking out. The day of I managed to get my floor seats, so never give up hope! One day you will see your "Mom." ;)

1. Red Rocks- LOVED It!! I have the old VHS tape with the "clowns' part. I think I've had the video since the mid 80's so the cover is showin' it's age :wink:

2. Madonna- I saw the blone ambition tour back in Chicago in 89 I think it was. Amazing concert. I was a real diehard Madonna fan for years. I even dressed up like her and won 2nd place in a LipSync contest! (Okay, embarrassing PLEBA moment #1!!!)

anyway, I missed the last tour. I couldn't get tickets. they all sold out in LA in like, 15 minutes , plus I'd already seen her in what I considered her best time anyway so I wasn't that disappointed.

I did see the Drowned World Tour on HBO. I enjoyed it , very entertaining but I was disappointed she didn't even do Vogue or Like A Prayer!!

oktobergirl said:

2. Madonna- I saw the blone ambition tour back in Chicago in 89 I think it was. Amazing concert. I was a real diehard Madonna fan for years. I even dressed up like her and won 2nd place in a LipSync contest! (Okay, embarrassing PLEBA moment #1!!!)

anyway, I missed the last tour. I couldn't get tickets. they all sold out in LA in like, 15 minutes , plus I'd already seen her in what I considered her best time anyway so I wasn't that disappointed.

I did see the Drowned World Tour on HBO. I enjoyed it , very entertaining but I was disappointed she didn't even do Vogue or Like A Prayer!!

"True Blue" has always been one of my favorite Madonna songs and albums and I would love to hear it live, but I knew that was an extreme long shot. I loved "Ray of Light" and "Music," so considering that most of the show consisted of songs from those two albums I was very happy.
I tried to get tickets the day they went on sale but struck out because of how quickly they sold out. I completed lucked out the day of the concert, though, and got my seats from Ticketmaster.com.
And I also dressed up like Madonna once! My sister-in-law had an '80s-themed birthday party so I dressed like Madonna from "Desperately Seeking Susan" -- boxer shorts, wife-beater, garter belt and lace stockings, and jelly bracelets. So much fun!

Back
Top Bottom