Red Nose Day Comic Relief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lardencelover

The Fly
Bono and Larry took part in the annual Red Nose Day Comic Relief event Friday, appearing on the BBC's televised fund raiser in a comedy sketch with the Auf Wiedersehen Pet boys. In the skit, the Pet boys mistakenly took a briefcase of money that belongs to Bono and Larry, who were acting as gangsters. UK U2 fans who saw it on TV say it was very funny, and were impressed with Larry's acting!

What happened here? I haven't seen any pictures, video, audio, etc.

I wanna see! As an overly proud Larry nut, I have a right to know! :D

:lmao: I have a picture of this! well, not of the boys but of me wearing a red nose!!! My boyfriend bought one for me when I was over there. If I get brave I'll post the picture. :eek:

OH AYE!!!!!

TANK GAWD SOMEONE BROUGHT THIS UP!!!!!!

YES YES! I SAW IT! I SAW IT!

:hyper:

Well, the last 2 mins of it! :angry:

What happened was it was a quickie of the Auf boys in a hotel, right? And halfway through I went upstairs to play with my PS2 and mum shouts 'Jacqui! Jacqui! Bono's on! QUICK!', and I switch over and there he was!!

OMG!
OMG!

OMG! U GIRLS SHOULDA SEEN HIM!!! HE LOOKED HOTTER THAN THE SUN!

He was wearing that hat - u know the hat he wore in the pic some Interferencer had up in here, the one of him silhouetted against the River Liffey? (hes leaning on the wall overlooking it).
Oh man he even had cigar or cigarrete in hand, think it was cigar and gruffy goatie on face and he looked so gawddamn hot I could NOT find a video tape fast enough (ended up just watching it)

And LARRY!

Larry really REALLY was awesome and should be an actor, he seemed sooooooo natural! and ya it was to do with the money in a case that the Auf boys found and it belonged to Bono and Larry....and Bono said something and Larry responded with the likes of:

'........WHAT!? I taught all dat money was for Andorra, ach BOLLOCKS!'

(something like that or other way round)
AND he was wearing shades!
it ended shortly after..............cannie remember all words spoken but I was in heaven after seeing Bono!!!
It was sooooo cool to see the two do this for Comic Relief!

:happy::happy::happy:

Last edited:
It went something along these lines:
The Auf boys found a briefcase of money when they were in a hotel in Miami. Coz of the city's 'reputation' (?) they thought it belonged to drug dealers, and then this burly looking bodyguard got them and said 'That belongs to my bosses' and brought them up to a hotle room. There was a sinister looking guy who turned around and it was BONO! (by this point I can imagine U2ers all over the country had developed a whole lot more interest in the programme!) He was all nice when they explained about the money and explained that promotors sometimes like to be paid in cash (they do?) and then looked at the camera and said 'Actually we're giving this money to Comic Relief!' and Larry, (who really can act, as opposed to the B-man) shouted, 'You little shit, you told me we were going to use that money to buy Andorra! What will Edge and Adam think?'
You can always count on U2 for charity can't you? ;)

Back
Top Bottom