RED is coming! no. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SALE!!!

iloveedge said:
I don't know about all of you but we have a big RED sale. Alot of the things are almost half price!

Gap.com (USA) has the following RED items on sale: (prices in parentheses are the original prices)

Women's
Slub V-neck T $34.99 ($48)

Men's
Indigo Sweater $69.99 ($98)
Indigo Pocket T $24.99 ($35)
Denim Shirt $59.99 ($75)
Jean Jacket $79.99 ($98)
Boxers $14.99 ($20)

Accessories
Large Burlap Tote $89.99 ($128)
Backpack $179.99 ($250)

Grab 'em while you can!

went to Gap today and got:

white WI(RED) tee for moi :D
ISPI(RED) and ADO(RED) tees for my mum
and a (RED) candle

:drool:

they also had a grey/blue DISCOVE(RED) mens tee and some plain red and white tees in the ladies area.
the sales lady said they get very limited stock in the (RED) stuff :(. so she gave us a card with a number to call and they order whatever you wanted :drool:

Just to share my joy with y'all - BOBBY SHRIVER IS IN MY TOWN !

I met him and some of his staff from (RED) tonight at an event to honor Bobby's father (Sargent Shriver). Maria was here too.

Tomorrow, Bobby and staff are meeting me at one of our local GAP stores to meet and greet customers as they come into the store to inform them about (RED) and to encourage them to BUY MORE (RED)!

I can't wait. I'll take some pics and hopefully be able to share them with all of you.

I'll also report back on what happens tomorrow at the GAP store.

SO COOL! :bonodrum: :hi5:

It's not a joke, JCOSTER. It's real.

I'll give you all the details that I can tomorrow night.

Here is the link for more info on the event. If you need to, you can call the phone numbers listed on the event page tomorrow to see if I'm telling the truth.

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/johnson/press.hom/press_releases_details.cfm?ID=110

They'll let you know that Bobby accompanied Maria to this event.

:sexywink: :rockon:

Jc...you'll do a great job! Your passion will come through and the story is a great one.

Pretty cool, Jamila!

(Red) rocks.. so to those people who question its effectiveness, just look at how it has motivated us to support it as well as educate others. Lets (RED) this joint!

Last edited:
oh, I'm excited for you to meet him. He is a smart man who gives of himself and that's always cool.

We want photos!

Enjoy!

luck.gif
JC!

:cool: about Shriver too :up:

... way to go Jamila !:cool: Tell them how much we all:heart: (RED)
( Got so much (RED) for my birthday:) )

..and to JCOSTER.....:up: You are doing a beautiful thing .. Good Luck!

Jamila said:
It's not a joke, JCOSTER. It's real.

I'll give you all the details that I can tomorrow night.

Here is the link for more info on the event. If you need to, you can call the phone numbers listed on the event page tomorrow to see if I'm telling the truth.

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/johnson/press.hom/press_releases_details.cfm?ID=110

They'll let you know that Bobby accompanied Maria to this event.

:sexywink: :rockon:

I'm not saying that your not telling the truth, post pictures of the event we would all love to see them!:wink:

Unfortunately, there were no pictures allowed to be taken at the event last night but there is a picture of Maria in today's Austin-American Statesman.

You may find it here:

http://www.statesman.com :wink:

I spent two hours with Bobby Shriver and Julie from (RED) today as we visited two GAP stores in Austin to gauge how well (RED) is selling in their stores and to see where (RED) could make improvements to increase its sales.

I don't have the time right now to tell you all about it (some of it I won't tell anyone about to maintain confidentiality) but I will just let y'all know this story:

I had brought my three onesies that I had ordered off the GAP (RED) website just in case these weren't in the stores yet and possibly Bobby wanted to use them for publicity shots.

None of the GAP store employees had seen these in person yet and neither had Mr. Shriver! :sexywink:

As soon as he saw the three that I had (Delive(red), Diape(red) and Ado(red)), he immediately fell in love with them!

He really liked the little teddy bear tag with the (RED) logo on it. :love:

Then, the most surreal thing happened - HE ASKED ME IF HE COULD BUY THESE OFF ME to send to a friend of his who had just had a baby!!!!!

I immediately said "Of Course" and the next thing Bobby was doing was writing out a note to his friend and the GAP store personnel - more in shock than me - simply went about the process of wrapping up the package to get ready to send.

Looking back on it, it was the funniest and coolest thing that could have happened today.

True story. More tomorrow. :hug:

^:up: that must of been an amazing experience... want to hear all about it... very..very ...:cool:

.. just got my ado(red) onesie in the mail today it's a gift for a friends 1 yr. old ... can't wait to give it to her .. it's the most adorable thing i have ever seen .... at the GAP stores here (NYC) they didn't know anthing about the baby (RED) either ..

First day all went really well and the teachers even learned a thing or two.

The kids were very willing to try to raise money they really wanted to do something. I even told them about RED and if they can't aford to give money wearing a RED necklace or T would be a great advertisement and how they could bring awarness to everyone.

Someone even asked why the color red. I got to say a little Bonoesc of "because RED is the color of emergency."

They had so many questions to ask and thank god with the help of the teachers I got through them all.

Onto tomorrows half. :up:

JC..you must be exhausted. I know, I do it everyday. But whenever I make a presentation, I feel exhausted after from the pressure and excitement. Go to bed so you make sense tomorrow.

Val said:
JC..you must be exhausted. I know, I do it everyday. But whenever I make a presentation, I feel exhausted after from the pressure and excitement. Go to bed so you make sense tomorrow.

I don't know how u teachers do it. I was really tired and I was only in school from 12-3. God Bless Teachers!

:rolleyes: But, I really liked talking all about Africa and could have gone on forever.

jaynejenjune said:
^:up: that must of been an amazing experience... want to hear all about it... very..very ...:cool:

.. just got my ado(red) onesie in the mail today it's a gift for a friends 1 yr. old ... can't wait to give it to her .. it's the most adorable thing i have ever seen .... at the GAP stores here (NYC) they didn't know anthing about the baby (RED) either ..

I'll post more about my afternoon with (RED) tonight but I really thought that it was of the funniest things in my life to happen when Bobby Shriver bought my onesies from me to send to a friend of his!

He was amazed that I not only knew about the product but had it purchased before he even saw them.

Everyone in the store thought that it was truly a "special moment". :lmao:

JCOSTER said:
New Products:

I also saw a beaded cell phone case in gold brown and copper.
Very pretty but $50.

gp503133-00p01v01.jpg
gp503694-00p01v01.jpg
gp496371-00p01v01.jpg
gp503693-00p01v01.jpg

JC, raising the awareness through the children is a great idea! My co-workers at school are always questioning why I wear the safety pin daily. It would be so cool if your presentation could travel................

AND I love the dresses, they look soooo comfy.

I am hoping that the school district would want me to go to the other schools in out town. There are 6 including mine. My school is the smallest out of all of them!

Thanks

OK, here is the next update regarding the AMAZING time that I spent with Bobby Shriver and Julie from (RED) yesterday:

I took a lot of pictures of the trips that we made to the various GAP stores and finished out a roll of film.

Julie asked me if she could take the roll of film and have it developed when she got back to California. At first, I wanted to say "but it's my roll of film" and then I thought about it and realized that probably they wanted to have a bit more control over how pictures of this visit were distributed to protect (RED) from any unauthorized use so I gave Julie my roll of film and am waiting on my roll of film with pictures of Bobby Shriver, my daughter and her boyfriend and Agnes Nyamayarwo (who I met at a ONE training in Houston back in March and had lunch with) to be emailed back to me from (RED). :wink:

Bobby also asked me to do a write-up on our adventures in Austin for (RED) for the ONE blog which I am currently doing and which will be posted next week. Julie will do a write-up for (BLOG)RED on our time together yesterday also.

I have ONE more thing to share tomorrow which will make all of you VERY HAPPY!

Have a GREAT night :bonodrum: :hug:

JCOSTER said:
Why can't you just share it today? :huh:

Good things come to those who wait, my friend.

That's what I've discovered in life. :yes:

JCOSTER and MsPurrl :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom