RED is coming! no. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JCOSTER said:
Got the news from my sons school and I will be going in to speak with the kids about Africa and the kids I sponsor they will also be writing letters and asking the kids I sponsor to share with all the other kids they know. We will then be having a fundraiser for eithre nothing but nets or the African Well fund. It will also be in our local paper how kids in our school are reaching out to kids in Africa.:applaud:

Fantastic!
good.gif

And the baby (RED) = :cute:
Diape(RED) - :giggle:

JCOSTER said:
Got the news from my sons school and I will be going in to speak with the kids about Africa and the kids I sponsor they will also be writing letters and asking the kids I sponsor to share with all the other kids they know. We will then be having a fundraiser for eithre nothing but nets or the African Well fund. It will also be in our local paper how kids in our school are reaching out to kids in Africa.:applaud:

JC that is wonderful news! I'm glad that we fans are so enthusiastic about (RED) and purchasing the product. We're having an influence with our wallets. But just as you've demonstrated, it's also great to influence our local community. Since they aren't on the "inside" like we are, probably the most they hear about (RED) are the negative media attenion. Reaching out and touching your local community like that is truly a beautiful thing. Some of those people you speak to may never visit this thread, or visit the red web site. So you're giving them your personal experience, and that means more to them because you are a member of their community, so you share that personal connection.

I get so excited when my own students feel empowered to go out and act on the causes they believe in, so I had to share in this excitement for you! Keep up the great work girl! I'm soooo proud of you. Be sure to tell us all about it!

Oh, and if you're not too camera shy, you may wanna tip some of the local news channels in your area. You can land a spot on the evening news!

Babydoll said:
Gosh JC, well done!

Maybe if your efforts get publicized in the newspaper or something....

Bono might want to meet you....

:shifty:

:drool:

I know that (meeting Bono) is not the reason why JC is doing this because that would be the wrong reason to do what she is doing.

Bono would be the first person to tell us that the movement to make extreme poverty history is NOT about meeting him.

What you are doing, JC, is admirable - as a former teacher who did the same sorts of activities with my schoolchildren for Africa way back in the 1990's, I'll be more than willing to provide you with any resources or help that you may need. :yes:

:bonodrum: :hug:

Jamila said:

I know that (meeting Bono) is not the reason why JC is doing this because that would be the wrong reason to do what she is doing.

Bono would be the first person to tell us that the movement to make extreme poverty history is NOT about meeting him.

Actually, I don't think it matters WHY someone is doing it, it's about the end result much more than it is about any individual's motivation.

Jamila said:

What you are doing, JC, is admirable - as a former teacher who did the same sorts of activities with my schoolchildren for Africa way back in the 1990's, I'll be more than willing to provide you with any resources or help that you may need. :yes:

Well of course she didn't do this to meet Bono, she has already met him! :wink:

But really, there's nothing wrong with keeping in mind the person who inspires us. That's what heroes are for! They give us their shining example, and encourage us to pass the light along to others.

I think what BD was doing was pointing out how awesome a thing JC is doing, which is similar to how Bono goes out and speaks to communities. She was just saying that she was doing what Bono would do. And that Bono would find her efforts admirable like she admires his efforts. He even said he doesn't want to be remembered for this in the future, because he believes it is something we should all be involved with. She's doing just what he wishes of us.

As nerve-wrecking as public speaking can be, I think it is a great idea to keep your heroes in mind. That well help you through the nervousness! It is certainly more helpful than that silly advice of "picture everybody in their underwear." That does NOT relax me one bit! :lol: When times seem tough, look to your inspiration to motivate you, JC! What you're doing takes great courage. We all believe in you and are thrilled!! Rock on!!! :rockon:

JCOSTER said:

Fantastic ! You must be so excited . Your efforts paid off and the children here and in Africa will benifit from this. Good Luck . And remember my offer of a (RED) T- shirt to auction .!!
:applaud:

loving the baby stuff :cute:

Bono will proud of all of us for helping to contribute in our own unique ways :yes:

Jamila said:

I was CLEARLY kidding.....

unico said:

Well of course she didn't do this to meet Bono, she has already met him! :wink:

But really, there's nothing wrong with keeping in mind the person who inspires us. That's what heroes are for! They give us their shining example, and encourage us to pass the light along to others.

I think what BD was doing was pointing out how awesome a thing JC is doing, which is similar to how Bono goes out and speaks to communities. She was just saying that she was doing what Bono would do. And that Bono would find her efforts admirable like she admires his efforts. He even said he doesn't want to be remembered for this in the future, because he believes it is something we should all be involved with. She's doing just what he wishes of us.

:yes:

You got what I meant!

:kiss: :up:

*squeal* BABY SHIRTS!!! And, I actually have a little brother...he's going to be 2 in about a month, but he's scrawny as hell and would still fit into those. I must buy! Then, we can match :happy:

Can anyone help me get hold of a few of the Baby things? I'm in the UK and I bet we wont get them here!!
I'm set up on Paypal so can get the cash transfered quickly inc the postage and package.

If anyone can help my email is
bonoholic@msn.com

cheers

My offer to donate something to the auction still holds, JC. Let me know.

Val I am going to take you up on to have a raffle in the school and raffle it off. It wouldn't hurt to another billboard walking around heck, my kids do it. :hug:

And....

Babydoll, my web daughter I know exactly what you mean.

Jamilia, Ofcourse I am not doing this to meet Bono for I have done that already, I am doing this because I can't even fathum what a mother in Africa goes through. If I can bring some awareness to kids and then their parents when they go home even if its one, then at least I reached one person.

Unico, my biggest fan, thanks girlfriend, love ya!

jaynejenjune said:

Fantastic ! You must be so excited . Your efforts paid off and the children here and in Africa will benifit from this. Good Luck . And remember my offer of a (RED) T- shirt to auction .!!
:applaud:

I will take you up on your offer as well. It is really nice of you to do so. This will be great. I'm going to get a couple of items too to raffle off.

Jamila said:

Why would you automatically assume that could be someone's motive. Do you think that the people here are all about doing things JUST to meet Bono? Give us some more credit than that.. Especially JC.. She has got a great thing that she is doing and we all are so proud of her! Get that community involved and make them aware of the plight of Africa.. :hug:

JC, you are awesome, period. :heart:

Question about the (RED) phone though: Does anyone else find that their phone gets easily dirty and get fingerprints more easily than other phones? Especially on the clear part, where you see the date and time?

Babydoll said:
JC, you are awesome, period. :heart:

Question about the (RED) phone though: Does anyone else find that their phone gets easily dirty and get fingerprints more easily than other phones? Especially on the clear part, where you see the date and time?

yep... I have that problem too. I have the hard clear plastic case on mine so it protects just about everything except the inside of course. Especially inside on the screen is where it gets all smudgy...Not much you can do about it really. I just take a tissue, something that won't scratch it and clean it off that way.

Thank happens to my phone and also my husband's normal rzr. I usually just breathe on it and off the smugde comes! Good as new.

I don't know about all of you but we have a big RED sale. Alot of the things are almost half price! Except for the t-shirts, they're still full price. Boxers are 12,99 instead of 20,00, those big green coats are now 40,00 instead of 240,00 if I'm not mistaking (correct me if I'm wrong) and those big sweatshirts are 40,00 instead of 88,00!

And I bought the sweatshirt :) It's beige colour with a big BO(RED) at the back!

Babydoll said:

mine always has fingerprints, but that's because they are SO SHINY!

and I'm always touching it! :shifty:

JCOSTER<
i tried to send a reply to your email, but it says your mailbox is full.

i was wondering when are you having this event? i wouldn't mind picking up an item at the gap myself and contribute. i may have a few "One" bracelets left too (the white ones). i would just need enough time to get the stuff and still mail it to you.

you can just answer me by email when you have time.

Here was the original piece that I sent in to (RED) for possible publication in their (BLOG)RED.

As you can see, my comments were edited too but it didn't worry me. All I wanted to do was to show my support of (RED). :love:

If you'd like, I'd encourage you to post your original testimony for (RED) here for others to read.

WHY I BUY (RED)

Much has been written lately about Product (RED), the line of consumer items introduced last year by longtime African activists Bono (of U2) and Bobby Shriver. (RED) is an innovative business model created to increase the flow of nongovernmental capital into the Global Fund (www.theglobalfund.org).

We have heard from the media about (RED); we have heard from (RED) about (RED); but we have not yet heard from the people who are at the heart of (RED) - the buying public. Who are the people who buy (RED) and maybe more importantly WHY do they continue to buy (RED)?

I BUY (RED).

I bought my first (RED) Inspi(red) t-shirt the first day that (RED) went on sale in the U.S. back in October 2006 and I wear it proudly. I have bought several other (RED) t-shirts since then. I know that half of my purchase price for one of these t-shirts will provide the Global Fund with enough money to keep a person alive for a month on their ARV's (anti-retrovirals).
And that means a lot to me.

Do I wear my (RED) t-shirts? Of course, I do. Do I feel better knowing that the (RED) t-shirts that I buy not only provide people in Africa with essential medicines that they need to save their lives but also provides much needed employment in the African country (Lesotho) where the GAP (RED) t-shirts are made? ABSOLUTELY.

(RED) is a win-win situation for everyone involved in the process: the people of Africa get the medical help that they need to survive, the buying public gets high quality products that they enjoy using and the (RED) partners get the opportunity to be a vital part of a new business model for social good.

What's not to like about (RED)?

Could there be more business partners in (RED) to offer the buying public a wider choice of options - yes. Could there be a larger percentage of profits from the sale of (RED) items that could go to the Global Fund? Of course.These are areas that the staff of (RED) are already aware of and working to increase.

Ultimately, whether (RED) channels $25 million or $250 million into the Global Fund, IT HAS ALREADY SUCCEEDED.

(RED) succeeds every time another person is kept alive on their ARV's; (RED) succeeds every time another child orphaned by AIDS is properly taken care of and (RED) succeeds every time another person buys a (RED) product and has hope that they can change the world for the better.

I'M SOLD ON (RED). You should be too. #

I'm always touching mine too. (the phone).

U2Fanatic - tell me more about the plastic case - does it help? And it does cover up the pretty red color? Hope not... but if it is clear and it also protects the phone, that's exactly what I'm looking for :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom