RED is coming! no. 4 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:36 PM
I am definately going to be talking to the remaining 11 classes about extreme poverty and what they can do to get involved. The school is either going to sponsor a child so that classes can see the way things develop for the child or do fund raising and raise money to send for clothing, school books, etc.

In total when I'm done I will have reached 300 kids! I am so excited so please say a prayer for me that this goes well!

I'm also trying to introduce the ONE for the reason that if a child can't donate money they can have their parent sign them up for ONE or the parent can.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:36 AM
That's great JC

Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:36 PM
fantastic stuff JC!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
I am definately going to be talking to the remaining 11 classes about extreme poverty and what they can do to get involved. The school is either going to sponsor a child so that classes can see the way things develop for the child or do fund raising and raise money to send for clothing, school books, etc.

In total when I'm done I will have reached 300 kids! I am so excited so please say a prayer for me that this goes well!

I'm also trying to introduce the ONE for the reason that if a child can't donate money they can have their parent sign them up for ONE or the parent can.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jaynejenjune
Thank You Jamila.I hope the article goes well! I know that you will do a great job.

Thanks jaynejenjune for your support. I really appreciate it.

I'll keep you all updated as we go along.

This is a united effort from us all.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:39 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

I am praying for you JC I think that you are doing a wonderful thing.

:Pray: ONE
Old 03-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:36 PM
JC - hopefully Bono will get to hear of your efforts and want to meet you to thank you!

Old 03-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

From your mouth to Gods ears!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelu2fan

I am praying for you JC I think that you are doing a wonderful thing.

:Pray: ONE
Awwwwe thanks!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

JC that's awesome! I love hearing about people raising awareness in their local communities. Children are a great demographic to reach to. I think sometimes they get overlooked, and media assumes they are only interested in cartoons, video games, and mtv. But children are very passionate people with big dreams, and can be some of the most compelling advocates!

What you are doing is wonderful, JC! Way to inspire those young hearts! Keep it up, and keep us posted
Old 03-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #56
The Fly

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:

This is the most beautiful thing you could do . Maybe you could start a program in other schools as well.What a wonderful way to raise awareness in children at such a young age. You are a very compassionate person to take this on. Good Luck to you. All my prayers are with you.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #57
The Fly

Local Time: 05:36 PM
My Gap has just packed away all of its (RED) clothing line. Apparently it wasn't a big seller, so they were forced to discontinue it. It's not only a real shame, but I actually wrote to my local newspaper with an article supporting the (RED) campaign (I thought it was very appropriate, considering Red Nose Day and Comic Relief took place last Friday) but it never got published. Now I have to order from a branch in England if I want to buy any Product Red at all.

I'm glad I've managed to get a bo(RED) and desi(RED) t-shirt as well as a jacket before it goes away, but still, it's really annoying when a good solid scheme like that fails because of bad advertising and lack of interest. Now, seeing as the Moto SLVR Red phones are being discontinued, there's no way of supporting it here.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Aww that's really too bad. And they are discontinuing the SLVR? Maybe they will start to sell the RED RAZR there instead. I hope so!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #59
The Fly

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonocomet
Aww that's really too bad. And they are discontinuing the SLVR? Maybe they will start to sell the RED RAZR there instead. I hope so!
They are where I live. I accidently washed my first (RED) SLVR in the washing machine, and no other company bar T Mobile were selling them any more. And, according to my mum, they were nearing the end of selling them.

I thought the RAZR might take over, and I hope so, but I'm not sure it'll get enough buyers, considering how the Red campaign has been going over here.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

aww that's sad. i love my slvr. i'll be extra careful with it!