RED is coming! no. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:combust: :combust: :combust: :combust:

Back from Oxford street, and I bought (RED) for the first time!! :hyper: Got an INSPI(RED) t-shirt and a green DESI(RED) t-shirt. :drool:

And also ordered a pair of fade-grey Emporio Armani 9285 sunglasses over the internet when we got home!!!! :hyper: :D

Has anyone seen the longsleeved men's Inspired tees? At my Gap, we are out of them and the manager said we won't be having them anymore. I wonder if they are discontinued...:hmm:

U2 Beginner said:

Back from Oxford street, and I bought (RED) for the first time!! :hyper: Got an INSPI(RED) t-shirt and a green DESI(RED) t-shirt. :drool:

And also ordered a pair of fade-grey Emporio Armani 9285 sunglasses over the internet when we got home!!!! :hyper: :D

You KNOW we want a pic, right? :wink:

:drool:

evillaurd said:
My Gap has just packed away all of its (RED) clothing line.:sad: Apparently it wasn't a big seller, so they were forced to discontinue it. It's not only a real shame, but I actually wrote to my local newspaper with an article supporting the (RED) campaign (I thought it was very appropriate, considering Red Nose Day and Comic Relief took place last Friday) but it never got published. :mad: Now I have to order from a branch in England if I want to buy any Product Red at all.

I'm glad I've managed to get a bo(RED) and desi(RED) t-shirt as well as a jacket before it goes away, but still, it's really annoying when a good solid scheme like that fails because of bad advertising and lack of interest. Now, seeing as the Moto SLVR Red phones are being discontinued, there's no way of supporting it here.

evillaurd, where is this GAP store located that has discontinued selling (RED)?

Hopefully this is not too personal of a question. :wink:

Babydoll said:

You KNOW we want a pic, right? :wink:

:drool:

gp41758202vliv01lq6.jpg

928503sl9.jpg

928504as9.jpg

I don't have a pic of the INSPI(RED) t-shirt.

:wink:

Just to let everyONE know that participated in this effort by sending me your testimonial for (RED) is that the piece has been written and will be submitteed to the source that asked me to come up with a piece this weekend.

All your testimonials will also go to this source with your contact emails (if that's OK with you) in case they want to follow up with any of you.

In all, I received ten testimonials from (RED) supporters and I am VERY GRATEFUL to all of you.

This effort is NOT about Bono recognizing us, this is about keeping people alive on their ARV's and AIDS orphans cared for in
Africa.

It's about them - and not about us. I'm very honored that y'all understood that.

I'll keep you updated on what happens - keep your fingers crossed. :rockon:

Babydoll said:
Jamila: :hug:

That's amazing!

Let's hope that this works, Babydoll. It would be really cool if it does.

These testimonials went to someone fairly important to this endeavor so I can't say any more right now. :shh:

At least people will be awrae of just how much we love (RED) and support it.

G'night, PLEBA. :sexywink:

Babydoll said:
Has anyone seen the longsleeved men's Inspired tees? At my Gap, we are out of them and the manager said we won't be having them anymore. I wonder if they are discontinued...:hmm:

I'm going just to have a look see at my Gap tomorrow... I'll let you know if there are any here babydoll. I have the mens longsleeved empowered shirt for me, I love the mens longsleeve t's, they are soo comfy.

U2 Beginner said:

sweet :drool:

why didnt you get the pink? :cute:

^ It didn't suit me when I tried them on :sad: :sad:

Blue and brown suited though, so I thought get the fade-grey ones which are more likely to suit as they are normal sunglass colour.

All I have to do is wait! :hyper:

Yes. :yes:

They look dark (or kinda black) when you put them on though. But I think it looked dark on me cos of my skin. But when its not on, it looks :drool: :drool: I love that colour! :cool:

ah :hmm:

when you said blue i thought you meant they was like Elevation blue.
that would of cause a riot among us Bono glasses whores :lol:

if they was dark, they was the Avio Smoke which looks blueish grey :)

enjoy your glasses, and take pics when you get them :hyper:

Thanks! :D

They didn't look greyish blue though, they looked blue to me. But then the guy in the shop would've said if it was new, so you're probably right. :up:

Bono glasses whores! :lol:

Jamila said:

evillaurd, where is this GAP store located that has discontinued selling (RED)?

Hopefully this is not too personal of a question. :wink:

Not at all! It's in Belfast City Centre (N. Ireland). Being specific, it's in Castlecourt. But that's probably too much information!

Anyway, congrats on your testimonial. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

bonocomet said:

I'm going just to have a look see at my Gap tomorrow... I'll let you know if there are any here babydoll. I have the mens longsleeved empowered shirt for me, I love the mens longsleeve t's, they are soo comfy.

It's not for me...:shifty:

Eep! I went to the Gap by me at lunch and a bunch of stuff was on sale and the gal said they were planning on moving the rest of the stuff to another store. :sad:

evillaurd said:

Not at all! It's in Belfast City Centre (N. Ireland). Being specific, it's in Castlecourt. But that's probably too much information!

Anyway, congrats on your testimonial. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the info, my friend.

I'm really concerned that some of this negative publicity that is surrounding (RED) right now might be having an effect on people's willingness to buy the items and thus, some stores closing down their (RED) sections.:(

FYI - I contacted the individual today who will receive all of our testimonials this weekend and they said to let you know that we're all their heroes for standing up for (RED).

As soon as possible, I'll let you know who will have your testimonials to help show support for (RED)!

I'll be gone until Sunday now - I'm attending a regional ONE training in Houston tomorrow to become an even BETTER ACTIVIST FOR ONE. :wink:

See y'all soon.

Found a good use for the (RED) cards on the red site. I am making thank you notes for the kids that wrote the letters.

Nothing like pushing the issue. :up:

(I think Bono is starting to rub off on me.) :giggle:

I was up in London today and i must say i wasn't very impressed with the GAP stores in Oxford Street

Most of the RED stuff was hidden in corners and i really had to look for it in two stores :grumpy: and what they had i've had for ages :sad:

I think i seriously have to get to the US for a shopping spree :drool: :shifty:

So i consoled myself by popping into Apple and treating myself to the Product RED Nano :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom