RED is coming! no. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thebadger said:
(RED) scarf-bacause philly is freezing!!!
IMG_1635.jpg

bono dress up day--lol

:drool:

I mean, nice scarf! :lol:

Bono dress up day..... :up:

I just came back from my sons class where they wrote letters to the kids I sponsor. I spoke about extreme poverty, and how the children live there and what they have and don't have. The kids asked me more questions than I could have ever imagined. They were so interested and thought really hard about trying to make things better for them. The letters these 2nd graders wrote brought tears to my eyes.

The teacher told me that the principle in interested in me going to all the classes and talking to them as well.

I'm so excited. :hyper:

One girl is making a friendship bracelet so that the girl I sponsor knows she has "friends" on the other side of the world.

How great to have the opportunity to spread the word to the children so they can become voices for change. :up:

JCOSTER said:
I just came back from my sons class where they wrote letters to the kids I sponsor. I spoke about extreme poverty, and how the children live there and what they have and don't have. The kids asked me more questions than I could have ever imagined. They were so interested and thought really hard about trying to make things better for them. The letters these 2nd graders wrote brought tears to my eyes.

The teacher told me that the principle in interested in me going to all the classes and talking to them as well.

One girl is making a friendship bracelet so that the girl I sponsor knows she has "friends" on the other side of the world.

Hey my sista, that's fantastic! :up: Keep up the good work!! :hug:

I'm trying....:wink:

One boy is from Guinea right next to Sierra Leone, where the fighting is going right into Guinea.

The girl is from Niger, which is in dire straits as well.

thanks for the compliments gang!!
i met B about 1 1/2 years ago and we were the same height-both wearing creepers, so i fiqured from that day on, that i could dress similar--;)
jacket is gap that i dyed to look like B;s
jeans are diesel (thrift shop)that i distressed
shoes i painted
thanks again--you guys are self esteem buliders!!!

JCOSTER said:

That's so wonderful JC . :wave:

I am definately going to be talking to the remaining 11 classes about extreme poverty and what they can do to get involved. The school is either going to sponsor a child so that classes can see the way things develop for the child or do fund raising and raise money to send for clothing, school books, etc.

In total when I'm done I will have reached 300 kids! I am so excited so please say a prayer for me that this goes well!

I'm also trying to introduce the ONE for the reason that if a child can't donate money they can have their parent sign them up for ONE or the parent can.

:dancing:

JCOSTER said:
I am definately going to be talking to the remaining 11 classes about extreme poverty and what they can do to get involved. The school is either going to sponsor a child so that classes can see the way things develop for the child or do fund raising and raise money to send for clothing, school books, etc.

In total when I'm done I will have reached 300 kids! I am so excited so please say a prayer for me that this goes well!

I'm also trying to introduce the ONE for the reason that if a child can't donate money they can have their parent sign them up for ONE or the parent can.

applause.gif

jaynejenjune said:
Thank You Jamila.I hope the article goes well! I know that you will do a great job.

Thanks jaynejenjune for your support. I really appreciate it. :yes:

I'll keep you all updated as we go along.

This is a united effort from us all. :hi5:

JCOSTER said:

I am praying for you JC:yes: I think that you are doing a wonderful thing.

:pray: ONE

JC that's awesome! I love hearing about people raising awareness in their local communities. Children are a great demographic to reach to. I think sometimes they get overlooked, and media assumes they are only interested in cartoons, video games, and mtv. But children are very passionate people with big dreams, and can be some of the most compelling advocates!

What you are doing is wonderful, JC! Way to inspire those young hearts! Keep it up, and keep us posted :)

JCOSTER said:

This is the most beautiful thing you could do . Maybe you could start a program in other schools as well.What a wonderful way to raise awareness in children at such a young age. You are a very compassionate person to take this on. Good Luck to you. All my prayers are with you.

My Gap has just packed away all of its (RED) clothing line.:sad: Apparently it wasn't a big seller, so they were forced to discontinue it. It's not only a real shame, but I actually wrote to my local newspaper with an article supporting the (RED) campaign (I thought it was very appropriate, considering Red Nose Day and Comic Relief took place last Friday) but it never got published. :mad: Now I have to order from a branch in England if I want to buy any Product Red at all.

I'm glad I've managed to get a bo(RED) and desi(RED) t-shirt as well as a jacket before it goes away, but still, it's really annoying when a good solid scheme like that fails because of bad advertising and lack of interest. Now, seeing as the Moto SLVR Red phones are being discontinued, there's no way of supporting it here.

Aww that's really too bad. :( And they are discontinuing the SLVR? Maybe they will start to sell the RED RAZR there instead. I hope so!

bonocomet said:
Aww that's really too bad. :( And they are discontinuing the SLVR? Maybe they will start to sell the RED RAZR there instead. I hope so!

They are where I live. I accidently washed my first (RED) SLVR in the washing machine, and no other company bar T Mobile were selling them any more. And, according to my mum, they were nearing the end of selling them.

I thought the RAZR might take over, and I hope so, but I'm not sure it'll get enough buyers, considering how the Red campaign has been going over here. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom