RED is coming! no. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Babydoll said:
Well.... to add my .02.... Both the pics identify Jamila as being in the grey shirt, second from left. Then Jamila says "I am not in the grey shirt :ohmy:".

The mystery continues.....

:corn:

I think the confusion is because it's the green Desi(red) shirt that she's wearing, (not grey).

JCOSTER said:
One (RED) inspi(red) tote with goodies thanks to 3 very special plebans to be auctioned off May 17th !!! :wink: :hug:

P1000596.jpg

The raffle for the kids will take place in the next couple of weeks.
There will be 7 gift bags going out to be raffled.

Good Luck JC ! Hope you raise lots of $$ ... It's a wonderful thing you are doing..:heart:

I'd love to buy a raffle..

Jamila said:

That is very cool, U2Girl416!:applaud:

I'm sure that she will look wonderful in that onesie. Did you get it at a BabyGAP store or did you order it online?

The (RED) baby onesies were an EXCELLENT idea for Mother's Day. :wink:

hey Jamila, I ordered it online. I haven't seen them in stores, and I even went to our flagship store here a couple weekends ago. Dinah (my niece) is adorable already (ok, so I'm biased! :) ) but it will be neat to see her wearing it!

JCOSTER said:
One (RED) inspi(red) tote with goodies thanks to 3 very special plebans to be auctioned off May 17th !!! :wink: :hug:

P1000596.jpg

The raffle for the kids will take place in the next couple of weeks.
There will be 7 gift bags going out to be raffled.

my sister had an auction for her Avon breast cancer walk a few weeks back. I SO should have thought to do something like that! what a fantastic idea. :applaud:

finally got all but one of my (RED) birthday gifts ... My birthday was last month and I requested only (RED) .. this is what I got... ( the knapsack is on the way !!! )

RED2.jpg

I :heart: (RED)

blm said:
Has anyone bought the RED candle ? it says SHA(RED) on it. it has a beautiul exotic fragrance and it is $20. i think it is very affordable and makes a great understated gift.

Yes, I used them last Christmas in my house and also gave them as gifts. They do make nice gifts. I love their scent too. Same for the white ado(red) candle. Both candles are on sale now too!

jaynejenjune said:
finally got all but one of my (RED) birthday gifts ... My birthday was last month and I requested only (RED) .. this is what I got... ( the knapsack is on the way !!! )

RED2.jpg

I :heart: (RED)

happy belated birthday :dance: nice collection of stuff :rockon:

ramblin rose said:

I think the confusion is because it's the green Desi(red) shirt that she's wearing, (not grey).

Well, it looked grey on my computer and at least two others thought it was grey too, so like I said why didn't she just say which one she was instead of the whole follow the link to another picture thing. I really was just trying to figure out why the need to make things so complicated. By the way thanks for letting me know what color the shirt really is.

Dana

blm said:
Has anyone bought the RED candle ? it says SHA(RED) on it. it has a beautiul exotic fragrance and it is $20. i think it is very affordable and makes a great understated gift.

ALSO- JCOSTER -that RED basket is beautiful-great raffle prize. What is May 17 ?, if mentioned, i havent read all of this thread.

My kids school is having an auction and the bag will be raffled off among other items donated by other people (not red items). I figured I would spread the word that way. The we are also doing a raffle for kids where about 8 red items will be raffled also.

bonocomet said:

Yes, I used them last Christmas in my house and also gave them as gifts. They do make nice gifts. I love their scent too. Same for the white ado(red) candle. Both candles are on sale now too!

I bought 2 shared candles and 4 adored candles to give to the teachers as end of the year gifts. They were $9.99 too!

rihannsu said:

Well, it looked grey on my computer and at least two others thought it was grey too, so like I said why didn't she just say which one she was instead of the whole follow the link to another picture thing. I really was just trying to figure out why the need to make things so complicated. By the way thanks for letting me know what color the shirt really is.

Dana

you kinda need to know the history behind Jamila.. I won't go into it here cuz this isn't the place for it.. But just trust me on this one..

ramblin rose said:

Thank you, ramblin rose. :wink:

If all of you are the (RED) supporters that you claim you are, then you would know that (RED) does not make a (RED) grey tee.

The Desi(red) tee is green - not grey. :sexywink:

Babydoll, JCOSTER - how would you not know that????????

I wanted to see who really knows their (RED) products - and who apparently doesn't.

Second, I don't think that people have the right to harass other people to reveal their identities when that person doesn't want to.

You would not like that sort of intimidation - and neither do I. :eyebrow:

Third, I have spoken the truth for two weeks on this matter and I don't appreciate JCOSTER insinuating that I haven't.

I don't say nasty things about you - why do you think that it's ok to say nasty things about me?

And what do you think your precious Bono would think about people who spend their time in petty bickering and putdowns of others when they should be using this thread to spread the word about (RED)????

I can tell you that he probably wouldn't like it. :tsk:

Now, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!

Let's start talking about (RED) or I will try to get this thread closed as a mod said she would do with another thread in PLEBA when the posters there wouldn't stop harassing someone.

:bonodrum:

U2Girl416 said:

hey Jamila, I ordered it online. I haven't seen them in stores, and I even went to our flagship store here a couple weekends ago. Dinah (my niece) is adorable already (ok, so I'm biased! :) ) but it will be neat to see her wearing it!

Well, just so you know, that day when I was with Bobby Shriver and Julie (the day that he bought the RED onesies off of me to send to his friend who had just had a baby :wink: ) he told me that starting in May sometime that the BabyGAP stores would be carrying the (RED) onesies.

He was going to talk to GAP and see if the GAP stores for women could also carry the onesies since women would probably be the biggest buyers of the (RED) onesies.

I hope that happens. :hi5:

Thanks for being so kind to me, U2Girl416.

I wanted to see who really knows their (RED) products - and who apparently doesn't.

So you wanted to see who was as knowledgeable about the range of products as you are yourself?

Why, exactly? Is the awareness that certain shirts only come in certain colours pivitol to one's support of the cause?

I don't think that people have the right to harass other people to reveal their identities when that person doesn't want to.

But your picture has been posted here at PLEBA previously, and more than once. No one was "harrassing" you to "reveal" your identity. Your picture was there and was identified. In fact, you have been readily recognized through pictures in other posts over the years.

As well, there are a few PLEBANs here who have actually met you, though you may not have been aware of that. It's no big secret who you are or what you look like.
And you are certainly not being "intimidated". What a strange and terribly extreme choice of words. :|

Jamila said:

If all of you are the (RED) supporters that you claim you are, then you would know that (RED) does not make a (RED) grey tee.

Second, I don't think that people have the right to harass other people to reveal their identities when that person doesn't want to.

Third, I have spoken the truth for two weeks on this matter and I don't appreciate JCOSTER insinuating that I haven't.

I don't say nasty things about you - why do you think that it's ok to say nasty things about me?

And what do you think your precious Bono would think about people who spend their time in petty bickering and putdowns of others when they should be using this thread to spread the word about (RED)????

Let's start talking about (RED) or I will try to get this thread closed as a mod said she would do with another thread in PLEBA when the posters there wouldn't stop harassing someone.

This will be my final post to you Jamila.

I am sorry you have totally misunderstood the entire thrust of my exchange with you. I am sorry you feel that I have harrassed you. My intention was to try to understand your reasoning behind your post because it rubbed me the wrong way and I was trying to get past that. I mistakenly thought that you would prefer to be understood rather than misjudged.

I fully support the idea of (RED) but due to my financial situation I cannot monetarily support it. For me it is very depressing to window shop and look at things I cannot buy so I have not memorized the entire (RED) catalogue. I don't think that should be a prerequisite for reading or responding to this thread.

I was not trying to harrass you and as for not wanting to reveal your identity I thought you had posted the original picture. Or at least you didn't seem to have a problem with discussing the fact that you were in the picture, so why would you not want to say which person you were? If you didn't want to be identified then you shouldn't have posted the link to the other picture.

I apologize for thinking that I might be able to get to know you well enough to be able to filter your posts through an understanding of you as a person. Everyone has their own unique way of communicating and many disagreements abound simple because of misinterpretations. I always try to get to know the way a persons mind works so that when I speak with them I can avoid misinterpreting their intentions. Since you are not open to that I will, as you have requested, leave you alone. I will not respond or comment on your posts anymore.

My sincerest apologies,

Dana

I've been very busy and tired so I haven't kept up with all the threads .
Wow , great basket JC , how are the ticket sales going ?

edit for question .
so if I buy RED on sale will half of the money go to Red ?

Last edited:
I finally found some (RED) product in Norway (converse), for a couple of weeks ago...

looook, just had to have them:

DSCN1461.jpg

DSCN1463.jpg

DSCN1466.jpg

:love: :love:

^ wow!!! :drool:

the (RED) converse are presented better than my regular converse :ohmy:

we're going to GAP today to see what new stuff they got this week :hyper: :hyper:
my mum has really gotten into the (RED) stuff, she has more shirts than me...:tsk:

Jamila said:

what the......Jamila, you have gone round the bend on this one. You can't be serious about expecting (red) supporters to have the entire product line memorized! That's :coocoo:

And wow, now you're playing the "What Would Bono Do?" card. That's a new one. :|

I for one am glad this thread is close to 500 so we can start a new one, I very much enjoy discussing the (red) products and am disgusted by constantly being faced with your bizarre posts and smarmy, smug comments. :tsk:

rihannsu sorry you can't buy some (red) yourself. :hug: Mayeb ask for some for your birthday and just spread the word to your friends/family at the moment.

I love the converse posted above. Well done kinaitra
:drool:

Also i confess i don't know all the (RED) Products. :sad: I feel bad now. :|

On the other hand i might pop to manchester tommorow to se what is in stock and get some stuff. I want to get the Armani glasses to now its coming up for summer.

I was joking before. :wink: What would it matter if we do or don't know all the red products. The thing that matters is that we support the RED campaign. :heart:

JCoster. Your raffle prize is amazing. :drool: I wish i could enter. Well done for all the efforts at your kids schhol. :up:

All of the bickering in this thread needs to stop. Please just get back to discussing (RED), or else this thread has no reason to stay open.

Jamila said:

Wow, I just spit my drink! :lmao:

There are multiple gray (RED) shirts, I've seen them in the store and seen people wearing them. I just found three different ones in gray. :der:

Jamila said:

you know I wasn't going to say anymore, sorry bonochick :( but I am. Don't talk down to us as though you are all high and mighty and that we all have no clue.. I totally take offense to your post. :mad:
So we are not worthy because we don't have the entire (RED) catalog committed to memory. Jeez... That's a little much isn't it?:huh:

Gee, I don't know Bono as well as 'you do' but I highly doubt that he would think much of it (this thread). Probably would laugh about it. So, we should all think of ourselves as worthless human beings cuz of what Bono may think? Guess what we are all human here and have our flaws.. :| (which I am sure he is aware of).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom