RED is coming! no. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my (red) converse shoes today, as well as my new gray striped hoodie. I like the hoodie, it is very lightweight fabric which will be nice for summer. Maybe too light, though, I have to make sure it's not see-through, lol!
The shoes are awesome, one says sco(red) on the bottom, the other says fea(red). They are a real olive green, with red laces. :love:

From BLOG(RED):

Get on iTunes now to buy your own copy of the (RED) song "American Prayer" on iTunes, written by Bono, Dave Stewart and Pharrell, and performed by American Idol finalists, on this week's star-studded Idol Gives Back special.

All proceeds from the sale of the song will be sent to the Global Fund, to fight AIDS in Africa.

Buy "American Prayer" on iTunes now!

http://joinred.blogspot.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so excited to hear that the "American Prayer" version that was done the other night on "AI" is not only available for download but the proceeds of that download will go to the Global Fund!! :dancing:

In BLOG(RED) months ago several of us suggested that (RED) have (RED) books, (RED) downloadable music, etc.

It seems like someone might have been lsitening to us. :rockon:

Jamila said:
written by Bono, Dave Stewart and Pharrell

huh...wow. i could be wrong, or maybe it was misinformation on blog(red)'s part, but i thought bono wrote the song with beyonce? at least, that's what he says on my version of the song.

perhaps the new verse was written by dave stewart and pharrell? now i'm curious to know who all wrote it! i'd like to hear an orignial version, i've only hear the live one. I usually like Pharrell's beats.

dazzledbylight said:

ANd is Jamilia in that photo in the link to the Austin Gaps event?
if so- which one is she/are you?

I believe she is! I'll let her point out which one is her tho if she chooses to.

love2bmama said:
hijacking the thread to say....hi Dazz!! :hug: hope you're doing great
/hijack

//rehijacking the thread to say:

:hug:
C'mon down again to PGP, ya here-ah, sometime!:wink:

<I don't get there too often at this pont, hope to change that sonly, at least to appear in the mid-late afternoon/early eve USA East Coast time more often :wink:>

/rehijacking

unico said:

huh...wow. i could be wrong, or maybe it was misinformation on blog(red)'s part, but i thought bono wrote the song with beyonce? at least, that's what he says on my version of the song.

perhaps the new verse was written by dave stewart and pharrell? now i'm curious to know who all wrote it! i'd like to hear an orignial version, i've only hear the live one. I usually like Pharrell's beats.

The song was written by Bono and Dave Stewart and was performed with Beyonce at the 46664 concert. I've never heard anything before about anyone named Pharrell.

Dana

rihannsu said:

The song was written by Bono and Dave Stewart and was performed with Beyonce at the 46664 concert. I've never heard anything before about anyone named Pharrell.

Dana

Here's the info off of U2Wanderer about American Prayer which was on disc one of the 46664 concert set:

46664: PART I: AFRICAN PRAYER

Cover
Release Date April 3, 2004
Artist Various
Record Label Warner Records
Singles With U2 None
Promotional Releases Available
TRACKS FEATURING U2
Bono and the Edge perform "American Prayer" with David Stewart and Beyonce

TRACKLISTING (Click for Lyrics)
Crazy in Love (46664 Version) - Beyonce (6:19)
Speech - Bob Geldof (4:22)
Redemption Song - Bob Geldof (3:38)
Say it's Not True - Queen, David A. Stewart (3:22)
Starry Eyed Suprise - Paul Oakenfold, Shifty Shellshock, TC (5:05)
Ready Steady Go - Paul Oakenfold, Shifty Shellshock, TC, Amampondo Drummers (4:59)
Baayo - Baaba Maal (4:42)
Njilou - Baaba Maal (4:28)
Africa Dream Again - Youssou N'Dour (6:35)
Wild World - Yusuf Islam, Peter Gabriel (5:27)
In Your Eyes - Angelique Kidjo, Youssou N'Dour, Peter Gabriel (11:13)
Biko - Peter Gabriel (9:25)
American Prayer - Beyonce, Bono, the Edge, David A. Stewart (4:20)

LINER NOTES
American Prayer: Written by Hewson and Stewart. Performed by Bono, the Edge, Beyonce and David A Stewart.
OTHER NOTES
In late 2002 Bono worked with Joe Strummer of the Clash and David A. Stewart on a song titled after Nelson Mandela's Prision Number '46664'. This song was to be used to bring attention to the devestation that AIDS and HIV was creating in Africa. Joe Strummer, however, passed away before the completion of the song and it was left up to Bono and David Stewart to finish the song.

Originally planned for early 2003, a concert was planned in South Africa to launch the 46664 campaign. The concert was pushed back and rescheduled for November 29th, 2003 to coincide with World AIDS day. The concert was streamed live on the internet, and was later televised around the world.

The track featured on this album featuring U2 is a song called "American Prayer" which Bono and David Stewart wrote and Bono often performed in 2002 on his "Heart of America" tour when he was bringing information on the AIDS crisis to middle America. He is joined in performing this song by Beyonce, David Stewart and the Edge.

The entire concert was released on CD, spread over three discs. These discs were sold separately to hopefully bring in buyers who would only be interested in one disc and wouldn't pay for a three disc set. Contributions by Bono and the Edge are spread out over all three released discs. The other two discs capturing this live event are Part II: Long Road to Freedom and Part III: Amandla. There was also a 2 disc DVD released of the entire concert.

Speaking of misinformation about songs, there were a couple of news reports that said the song was written specifically for AI. I think they got mixed up with the Quincy Jones song which was commissioned by AI.

Dana

a bit off topic:

where else can you buy the ONE shirts online?

ONE.org has sold out, and EDUN.ie wouldnt add it to the shopping basket :(

Maybe I misread this somewhere, but I thought I read that Bono wanted to perform American Prayer for the superbowl halftime show. They passed and went with Janet Jackson instead. Good choice...:huh:

waynetravis said:
a bit off topic:

where else can you buy the ONE shirts online?

ONE.org has sold out, and EDUN.ie wouldnt add it to the shopping basket :(

shop.nordstrom.com has the edun ONE tees. the children's sizes are on sale if you wanna get some for your relatives ;)

i'm debating whether it would be worth the $17 to get a ONE tee for my dog.

unico said:

shop.nordstrom.com has the edun ONE tees. the children's sizes are on sale if you wanna get some for your relatives ;)

i'm debating whether it would be worth the $17 to get a ONE tee for my dog.

they only got children's sizes. maybe a litle tight for a person of my stature :hmm:

^ you can show off your muscles
and then BD will have to get a new avatar. :sexywink:

I found this number from one.org, perhaps they can tell you when they will get more?
Customer Support: 202-449-1153 (Mon-Fri 9a-5p EST)

thanks Lies :hug: that was a pretty convincing hug.

rihannsu said:

Dana

Thanks Dana for providing the info from U2 Wanderer about "American Prayer".

I already knew that info about "American Prayer" as I remember when Bono wrote it. I was just relaying the info from BLOG(RED).

I actually have a very strong connection to this song as I saw Bono perform it for the VERY FIRST TIME on World AIDS Day (1 December) 2002 in Lincoln Nebraska during the first tour date for "The Heart of America" tour for DATA with the children from Africa, the Ghanian Ambassadors. :bow:

Bono sang the song with Beyonce in Nov. 2003 at the 46664 concert in South Africa to benefit the Nelson Mandela Foundation.

Where Pharrell comes in, I don't know. Unless he helped to re-arrange it a bit for the performance on "AI" and for the downloadable song at itunes.

As for me, I'll post about it tomorrow. There's a bit of explanation about the picture that I would like to give. But I am in the pic. :)

hahaha!

oh and when i got my edun ONE it told me it was on backorder...so it actually took at least a month before it was sent. weird though, i don't see an option to pre-order at least.

hopefully they will come in soon!

Jamila said:

Thanks Dana for providing the info from U2 Wanderer about "American Prayer".

I already knew that info about "American Prayer" as I remember when Bono wrote it. I was just relaying the info from BLOG(RED).

I actually have a very strong connection to this song as I saw Bono perform it for the VERY FIRST TIME on World AIDS Day (1 December) 2002 in Lincoln Nebraska during the first tour date for "The Heart of America" tour for DATA with the children from Africa, the Ghanian Ambassadors. :bow:

Bono sang the song with Beyonce in Nov. 2003 at the 46664 concert in South Africa to benefit the Nelson Mandela Foundation.

Where Pharrell comes in, I don't know. Unless he helped to re-arrange it a bit for the performance on "AI" and for the downloadable song at itunes.

As for me, I'll post about it tomorrow. There's a bit of explanation about the picture that I would like to give. But I am in the pic. :)

Who art thou Jamila? :shifty:

Stopped by the GAP today while at the mall. They had red Ado(RED) shirts on sale. The sign said $15.99, but the shirts seemed to be tagged $10.99! And I believe there were a few green Desi(RED)'s as well. The black Desi(RED) was $19.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom