RED is coming! no. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit the Gap after work today to get my kids a valentines gift. I was surprised but SO happy to see that they had redone their front windows again in all RED displays! It was just like the opening day again, with ALL the huge windows done up entirely in (RED). Yay! And product RED was back at the very front of the store again AND a whole other big section in the middle of the store. So I'm happy to see they still are keeping it a priority! Anyways, got my oldest daughter the cente(red) chain bracelet, and I got meself a long sleeve soft grey shirt and the new white candle.. or um... I mean that's what hubby will give me. HA! :heart:

bonocomet said:
Hit the Gap after work today to get my kids a valentines gift. I was surprised but SO happy to see that they had redone their front windows again in all RED displays! It was just like the opening day again, with ALL the huge windows done up entirely in (RED). Yay! And product RED was back at the very front of the store again AND a whole other big section in the middle of the store. So I'm happy to see they still are keeping it a priority! Anyways, got my oldest daughter the cente(red) chain bracelet, and I got meself a long sleeve soft grey shirt and the new white candle.. or um... I mean that's what hubby will give me. HA! :heart:

Yes, in Cleveland today they had the store fronts all done up in RED too!

What does the new white candle smell like BTW?

It's really pretty and smells niiice. Here's the description from the box.

This candle is one of the items designed by Gap to support (PRODUCT) RED. It's sensual aroma was inspired by African raw woods, along with evocative Tunisian rosemary and South African rose.

I have the new white candle on my desk in my home office and I can smell it all the way down the hall...it's really nice :D

just called my local Gap they have plenty of everything...seems Gap restocked with REDfor Valentine's Day...I was reading how the Gap has lost much revenue in the last few years. Their sales have dropped dramatically. Perhaps RED will be the ticket to get them out of the red! :sexywink:
Purely speculation here.

I hope we all get mucho RED this Valentine's Day.

Both bracelets are nice. My daughter gets the cente(red) chain bracelet, it's very chunky, not light or cheap feeling. And I saw the beaded bracelets, very nice! There were lots of people shopping for RED stuff... I think a girl bought a beaded one while I was there. I hope you get the tank top you want BonosLil'Pal! The short sleeve hoody looks great on my other daughter by the way who is 14. Maybe that one will fit you. Great colors too!

ya i'm 12, and like really small. i barely fit into the xsmall t-shirt!! :lol: but maybe the tanks will run smaller. how big are the beaded bracelets? were they really wide or did they fit snuggly? ha i like that word :giggle:

Ooh I didn't notice how the beaded bracelets fit because I didn't try it on. They seemed to be smaller than the leather bracelets, and the chain bracelet is adjustable, but I didn't notice if the beaded one is or not. My daughter is also very small and some of the XS are also too big for her, we haven't tried the tank, but the ss t-shirt hoody is very cute.
I also wanted to add that I just looked at the chain bracelet again, and I love the chunky style to it, and it is a bit lighter than other metals, not sure what it's made of, but it wouldn't be heavy on a wrist at all, even though it's still not thin or too light. And wow I think I made no sense whatsoever right there, sorry!
(The metal chain bracelet also includes one of the red beads like on the leather bracelet)

Last edited:
I'm going back to the Gap today, I have to take back one tshirt that doesn't fit and also I decided I don't like the way the cente(red) bracelet fits on me. For some reason it's just not comfortable (for me! I'm sure it's fine for most people, lol! It just kind of irritates me by flopping around too much) so I'm going to take it back and hopefully they will have either
a)the beaded bracelet, or
b)the necklace, or
c)if they don't have either of those I'll be forced to get another hoodie, darn it :wink: I want a zipper one, I've been wearing my pull over ti(red) one all week and I love it but a zipper one would be nice, too.

I went to the GAP today :grumpy: to find....

- that the Ado(red) tank was there, but not in my size
- the beaded bracelet was there, but didn't work on me well (my mom got it though :up: )
- the necklace laid funny so neither my mom or me got it
- the Bo(red) tank didnt even have my size there!! :scream:

we asked a guy working there to see if they had the Ado(red) tank in my size somewhere else. well, at least we know they have my Ado(red) tank in my size in Beverly Hills :grumpy:

Awww sorry to hear you didn't find anything for yourself, but cool that your mom got the bracelet. Better luck next time!

BonosLil'Pal94 said:

- the beaded bracelet was there, but didn't work on me well (my mom got it though :up: )

we asked a guy working there to see if they had the Ado(red) tank in my size somewhere else. well, at least we know they have my Ado(red) tank in my size in Beverly Hills :grumpy:

If your wrist grows or you want to try it again, you know we can share the bracelet :hug: It was literally the last one there. The salesperson scoured the store for it. There was one more, but a row of beads were missing from it, and I didn't want to purchase it if it was "defective".

I got the olive green short sleeve hoody today :)

BonosLil'Pal94 said:

:hug: I know exactly how you feel. My GAP doesn't have anything i like in my size. :grumpy:

To find the items I want I have to bounce back and forth between 3 gaps.

The only thing I don't like is the way each store has different stocked items. But I guess thats the way they get you hooked! :laugh:

While out searching for a dress for a wedding, I stopped into a gap.

New Merchandise:

A necklace with a ring on it with the word cente(red).
A pin with the aids ribbon in little beads
A new red shirt with a heart like symbol on it, which I now own.

I will try and post a pix later.

JCOSTER said:

New Merchandise:

OMG OMG OMG!! I WANNA SEE ! HURRY UP AND POST PICS GIRLY!! :hyper:

JCOSTER said:
To find the items I want I have to bounce back and forth between 3 gaps.

My nearest one is 2 hours away on a train. The next nearest 2 are 3 3/13 hours away. No fair. :wink::lol:

The only thing I don't like is the way each store has different stocked items. But I guess thats the way they get you hooked! :laugh:

:giggle: Bet it costs ya a fortune.

I'm giving up on the hoodie. Not gonna get it anywhere but gonna go see what GAP has in Manchester this weekend. :hyper: Hope to find a t shirt in my size. :hyper::fingerscrossed:

Ooooh wanna see pics of the new stuff. :drool:

I got the green desired t shirt today with the raised lettering. I haven't bought any RED products but I just wanted to get something when I saw the displays again for Valentine's Day. I wanted the mens version instead but they only had it in a small. I wanted the beaded admired bracelet so badly, I tried it on and I loved it. I wear a 7 inch bracelet and it fit me fine, if that helps anyone. I don't know about that material that the beads are strung on, it looks like that stuff might break easily after you put it on and take it off several times.

JCOSTER said:

New Merchandise:

Jc...not fair ...you are always way ahead of me! I just got back from the Gap and they had the beaded bracelet and white candle. I got both.
I come home so happy and now I find out there is a new necklace and pin. Ugh
When will it stop (never I hope)!!!!!

bonoishot said:

My nearest one is 2 hours away on a train. The next nearest 2 are 3 3/13 hours away. No fair. :wink::lol:

:giggle: Bet it costs ya a fortune.

I'm giving up on the hoodie. Not gonna get it anywhere but gonna go see what GAP has in Manchester this weekend. :hyper: Hope to find a t shirt in my size. :hyper::fingerscrossed:

Ooooh wanna see pics of the new stuff. :drool:

It does, don't let the hubby find out! I'm a little over my head. :shh:

A question: are all these new items made in Africa or are these items coming out of elsewhere - like China?

I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks. :love:

Jamila said:
A question: are all these new items made in Africa or are these items coming out of elsewhere - like China?

Yeah, I've bought some RED product t-shirts made out of 'african cotton', but made in china!
I seriously avoid buying other stuff made in china for a number of reasons, and frequent stores like The Children's Place because their labels often say kenya, lesotho, namibia..

I buy RED products because half the profits go to the Global Fund to fight aids, but the idea that it would make any sense supply-chain wise to use african cotton and then ship it to china to sew and package is scary to me, and reflective of the hurdles africa has to overcome.
perhaps the global fund will help with those...
we can hope so...

thought I'd mention that I love the leather bracelets (they feel great on and I'm picky about bracelets)
and that the new t-shirts for men with the african-inspired patterning in khaki and grey look great on girls too, or at least this one, who is rather 'chesty' though petite and a men's M feels good and roomy and drapes well (typically I need at least a large in women's clothing of 'normal' cut)...

where are these undies I saw spoken of upthread? I want the undies!

cheers all!

edit: oh, I just noticed the undies on the website (hadn't before now!) and they're only available in extra-small it seems. That just ...erhm...won't work:wink:

Last edited:
I just received my CENT(RED) bracelet in the mail today :hyper: It was made in the USA. Sometimes the web site will say where it is made. If it just says "imported", you can be pretty sure that means China.

Jamila said:

I got my son the red shirt that says "Gap", that one was made in Lesotho w/African Cotton. My daughter's Inspi(red) shirt was made in usa. My ti(red) hoodie was made in China. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom