RED is coming! no. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lil_witch said:
:sad: my uncle gave me yesterday the ADMI(RED) shirt he had bought me when he was in the States...but it's waaay too big....i'd need to gain 30 pounds to fit in it....:sad:

ahh, oh well, my EDUN hoody is way too big too, but I wear it anyway... I'm against the 'tighter than tight' stuff that's fasion today.. I wear tshirts and a hoody.. or a denim jacket or a longsleeved shirt under my tee...

:drool: must.save.money.for.summer...

I'm so gonna save up ALL my money the coming months... in Dublin I"m gonna buy EDUN stuff and (RED) stuff! :hmm: but what stuff should I get?? I really like the (RED) denim shirt aswell Comet.. :hmm: I had a denim shirt few years back... I loved that, according to my mother I nearly lived in it... and then... it was gone! I probably left it with a friend or so and forgot about it, then not remembering where I left it... :sad: never seen that again!
:hmm: oh teh choices.... well, if the new Bonoscarf will be onsale, I'd buy taht for sure, I love that one :love: and I don't even wear scarfs!

Well, I went to Seattle this weekend, and got my DESI(RED) shirt from U2Girl416 (it fits perfectly, thank you!!). I ended up doing too much shopping before we went to the Gap, so I could only afford to buy 2 things. :lol:

I bought the black tank top that says BO(RED) and the ADO(RED) candle. It smells so fantastic!

If I hadn't spent so much money on booze and other things, I would have bought more at the Gap. The store we went to had a lot of great things, but I can wait for another time to buy more RED stuff. :D

ThoraSEB said:
Well, I went to Seattle this weekend, and got my DESI(RED) shirt from U2Girl416 (it fits perfectly, thank you!!). I ended up doing too much shopping before we went to the Gap, so I could only afford to buy 2 things. :lol:

I bought the black tank top that says BO(RED) and the ADO(RED) candle. It smells so fantastic!

If I hadn't spent so much money on booze and other things, I would have bought more at the Gap. The store we went to had a lot of great things, but I can wait for another time to buy more RED stuff. :D

no problem, glad I got what youwanted :sexywink: I too, went to the Gap this past weekend. got the new shirt with the heart on it. I had to leave the store after that. :)

I bought my second (Red) tote bag at one of my local Gaps this weekend. :wink:

I wear plus sizes, so the Gap's (Red) shirts and hoodies are too small for me. I also tried on one of the XL distressed men's denim jackets -- and it was too small for me. :(

The Gap's Project (Red) red or blue knit scarves are kind of nice; I almost bought one of them. They're solid color with little white crosses knit into them. :up:

I still want the (Red) Razor phone. :drool:

Last edited:
There were definitely some new items at our Gap store--but no scarves, undies. I got a new T which is gray with red lining-almost like a short sleeve sweat shirt & a red leather bracelet with red bead. (also stocked up on some great clearance items & spent too much $.) :wink:

Martha Stewart and everyone in her audience today are wearing the Inspi(red) t-shirt. Christy Turlington will be on to talk about RED. Not a big fan of Martha :| but it's still cool.

So I was planning to get the cute hot pink RAZR phone when my current phone contract expires. However, Sprint doesn't support that phone. :grumpy:

They said the only RAZR that Sprint supports is the (RED) one. Meh, might as well get that one.

The red one is sooooo pretty... I LOVE the color. It reminds me of the color of my 1st car, a red 1969 Camaro. :heart: I have received lots of comments on it too, people really do notice it!

I LOVE my Red phone. It really is pretty. I also get tons of complements on it. There are tons of people who have the pink one and I show my PRETTIER red one proudly!

MrsSpringsteen said:
Martha Stewart and everyone in her audience today are wearing the Inspi(red) t-shirt. Christy Turlington will be on to talk about RED. Not a big fan of Martha :| but it's still cool.

I'm not usually home but I'm fighting the flu and caught her show this morning. I didn't even know what time it came on and was channel surfing in bed and noticed the (red) t- shirts.
Martha had nothing but nice things to say about Bono and Bobby Shriver. Christy was well spoken and gave Martha a Simme(red) v-neck t-shirt.

Ran across this article also (hope I'm not behind the times. If this is a repeat, sorry I've been sick)

http://www.observer.org.sz/main.php?id=32311&Section=main

Bono’S E35m for NERCHA
By Musa Ndlangamandla

WORLD famous Irish rock star and U2 lead singer Bono has donated more than E35 million (US$5m) to the National Emergency Council on HIV and AIDS (NERCHA) through his philanthrophic initiative (Product) RED

Last edited:
Babydoll said:
Do you have a pic? :flirt:

I've got a few that I took really quickly :sexywink:

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Photo3-1.jpg

Photo4-1.jpg

Photo5-1.jpg

And, these pics definitely don't do the phone justice. It looks sooooooo much better in real life...and when I'm not taking pics with my macbook camera :lol:

I don't really like pink much anyway, but the red RAZR just looks lots prettier! You will not regret getting the RED if that's what you end up doing.

Last edited:
Oooh thanks for the pics! That doesn't look too shabby :D

I wanted to get pink coz pink is my favorite color, but it turns out its not compatible with Sprint, whereas the red one is. I think I'll end up getting the (RED) phone finally. :)

Babydoll said:
Oooh thanks for the pics! That doesn't look too shabby :D

I wanted to get pink coz pink is my favorite color, but it turns out its not compatible with Sprint, whereas the red one is. I think I'll end up getting the (RED) phone finally. :)

:yes:

The bad thing about Sprint is that they won't activate any phone that doesn't have the Sprint logo on the back. And, Sprint uses a different format than most other cell companies...

onebloodonelife said:

:yes:

The bad thing about Sprint is that they won't activate any phone that doesn't have the Sprint logo on the back. And, Sprint uses a different format than most other cell companies...

yep you are right about that. I have the RED RAZR too.. I love it by the way. :wink: It has a decent camera on it too.. It's 1.3 megapixels and you can zoom in 8x...

I have the Windows in the skies call tone and Vertigo has my ringtone..:drool: :drool:

sue4u2 said:

I'm not usually home but I'm fighting the flu and caught her show this morning. I didn't even know what time it came on and was channel surfing in bed and noticed the (red) t- shirts.
Martha had nothing but nice things to say about Bono and Bobby Shriver. Christy was well spoken and gave Martha a Simme(red) v-neck t-shirt.

Ran across this article also (hope I'm not behind the times. If this is a repeat, sorry I've been sick)

http://www.observer.org.sz/main.php?id=32311&Section=main

Bono’S E35m for NERCHA
By Musa Ndlangamandla

WORLD famous Irish rock star and U2 lead singer Bono has donated more than E35 million (US$5m) to the National Emergency Council on HIV and AIDS (NERCHA) through his philanthrophic initiative (Product) RED

Thank you very much, sue4u2, for posting this article from Swaziland, where a large chunk of the money raised by (RED) goes into programs such as this:

In a statement, NERCHA’s Elizabeth Skorochod said in Swaziland, (RED) money is supporting Global Fund-financed programs, which have:

l Reached more than 4,400 mothers with services to prevent mother-to-child-transmission of HIV

l Trained caretakers and doctors in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV

l Equipped hospitals to provide services to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV

l Reached more than 140,000 people with voluntary counseling and testing for prevention of HIV

l Trained more than 70 counselors to teach prevention of HIV

l Set up more than 35 counseling and testing centers for prevention of HIV

l Established feeding schemes in 335 schools

l Built 154 community feeding centers

l Provided education support for more than 36,000 vulnerable children

l Provided anti-retroviral therapy for HIV and AIDS to almost 15,000 patients

l Trained more than 3,000 health workers to deliver home-based care for patients with HIV and AIDS

l All figures sourced from Global Fund PRODUCT (RED) website.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While ALL the products described here and pictured here and pirchased here are wonderful beautiful products, the TRUE BEAUTY of (RED) products is how some of the profits of their sale is put into programs like those described above.

THANK YOU ALL for buying and for promoting (RED). :bonodrum:

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! :love:

Thank you all very much for the photos and the information.
It is so good to hear the amazing impact this initiative has had in Africa.
And I love the (RED) phone. Some day I'll get myself some (RED) stuff as well.

waynetravis said:

where did you get the different (RED) wallpapers?

mine came with a (RED) background then i changed it to the MacPhisto logo :lol:

My phone came with 5 different Product RED wallpapers, some of them animated. (One of them changes all the words like Admi(red), Inspi(red), etc... ) I know the original phone that came out 1st in Europe was a different model. Is yours the flip open style? Maybe they are different in phones... :hmm:
Macphisto is cool tho.

what does the new candle smell like?
I swear to GOD I'm going to make it to the gap this weekend if it kills me. I've been trying to get there for like a month, lol! And there are several gaps in the Portland area, just not directly on my route to or from work. I'm wearing my ti(red) hoodie again today and really really want another (red) hoodie!

Also, my cente(red) bracelet (that I was going to take back because I didn't like it but ended up wearing it because it was there and I didn't go back to the gap) broke yesterday. Just a warning, the metal that makes up the clasp on those seems to be really, really soft. :(

bonocomet said:

My phone came with 5 different Product RED wallpapers, some of them animated. (One of them changes all the words like Admi(red), Inspi(red), etc... ) I know the original phone that came out 1st in Europe was a different model. Is yours the flip open style? Maybe they are different in phones... :hmm:
Macphisto is cool tho.

yep, mine is the flip version, as far as i can tell it only came with with one (RED) design.

but yah, Macphisto is cool :drool:

ETA: oooh i found the other designs. moving RED slogans :drool:

Babydoll said:
Isn't the candle yummy, JC?? it's sooo pretty smelling...

Its so yummy smelling that of all the candles I have my dog really liked this one to the point where he keeps licking it! Thus, I think I will find a new location for it! :ohmy:

waynetravis said:

yep, mine is the flip version, as far as i can tell it only came with with one (RED) design.

but yah, Macphisto is cool :drool:

ETA: oooh i found the other designs. moving RED slogans :drool:

:lol: :up:

I went crazy when it all came out!! I have a red Inspi(red) shirt,then I bought the gray sweat shirt with the red lining ,my hubby bought the pretty gray and red shirt for men,then I bought a stripped shirt for my daughter, I keep seeing more that I want to get when I go in there. I would love one of the tank tops. It surly has become an addiction for sure!! Some of the hand bags are cute......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom