RED is coming! no. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
totally and the red button on the middle...heres how nuts i am ..i found 3 little oil stains on the shirt that i never noticed before..i got crazy thinking i spilt something...went to the gap and check all the other shirts left--thnakfully they had random spots too...it is my favorite shirt i own...well, next to my black edun dress shirts-which have similar detail

Ok lmao about the "stains"! When I brought mine up to pay for it the salesgirl saw them and said oh let me get you another because this one has stains on it. I tried to tell her it was part of the shirt, and she wouldn't believe me, I had to go grab another and bring it to her and prove that I was right! She still seemed skeptical even then, and I think she was suspicious that someone had stained all of the shirts :lol:

Yeah I like the single red snap in the middle too, but the one with the design on it on the sleeve is so cool looking. Your edun shirts sound fantastic!

i think some of the upper end red stuff is made at one of the edun plants..
i have edun jeans-very similar to the material/look of the gap red jeans
the dress shirts have similar detail to the denim shirt
but the edun hoodies-i have 2 are unbelivable-the best hoodies ever-really tough to find though
i just got the red scarf-grey with red...looks like left over tshirt material
-i also have the htdaab promo poster from tower!!!
-checking your profile out--;)

Wow reallY!?! (About the poster) Is it the huge one that's like 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 feet ? It's huge, I feel so lucky to have it! It takes up an entire wall in my tiny bedroom. :lol:
I really want one of those scarfs too, they're so soft. And I agree on the edun hoodies! I have one, the green with the design on the hood. And I do love it too. I wore it constantly before the weather turned colder, so now I'm in my RED hoodie constantly. I'll be back in my Edun one soon though! And I may just need another... :shifty: I REALLY want that Edun scarf Bono has been wearing though.... :drool:

that scarf is killer--im trying to locate one right now
probably get it in the summer
my friend worked at towwer and hooked me up-it is giant-was on a light box i belive how is yours hung?? i was gonna mount mine maybe
i have the black edun hoodie and the light grey..just awesome

Wow let me know if you find that scarf. It's rumored that Bono probably had a one of a kind piece and that maybe now they are being made finally.
My brother was a manager for Tower for 14 years so it was tough when they closed. He met so many people through his job, and even befriended BB King through it! One of his best stories was the barbeque he was invited to at Snoop Dog's house. Wild! Anyways... I just hung my poster with 4 or 5 large sturdy tacks across each side of it. I hated to put the holes in it, but I didn't know how else to put it up with the huge size, but it's been very good so far, they're supporting the weight fine, and in a way... they add something to the way it looks.
Oooh hadn't seen a black Edun hoodie yet I don't think, does it have any design or print on it? Sounds nice.

Last edited:
black with the cool pointy sleeves, jedi hood and there is some screenprinted designs along the right front going around to slightly on the back
black shiney print on the flat fabric

Oh so is it the same as this one in the different colors then?
bonohoodycloseupsd4.jpg

It has the cool pointy sleeves.
This is the one I have.
I think this one is the green that's been faded because the closeups of it show that the thread is all still green... not sure though... The black sounds awesome.

And now I think we've derailed this thread...sorry. :reject:

Anyone get any new RED stuff today? (I'm burning my RED candle right now, it smells great)

OH yeah! I just ordered my daughter a RED Motorola phone, so now we will have two in the house. I love mine.

Last edited:
derail it more...I had pasta tonight and when shopping at the store, I picked up a jar of Newman's Own sauce. It hit me, Paul Newman thought of the concept of making purchases give back a long time ago.

Just thought I'd share.

So, anyone buy anything RED today?

That's true Val. Do his products work in the same way as Product RED? I remember when his 1st salad dressing came out with the concept, buying a bottle right away, and it tasted good too! Which charity do they support?

I just found the website, here's a link

http://www.newmansown.com/ourstory.cfm

Last edited:
Val said:
derail it more...I had pasta tonight and when shopping at the store, I picked up a jar of Newman's Own sauce. It hit me, Paul Newman thought of the concept of making purchases give back a long time ago.

Just thought I'd share.

So, anyone buy anything RED today?

The Newman's ginger dressing is just :drool: I could drink it!

Sorry, derailing again. Um, I sent some (RED) Valentine's today!

thebadger said:
does anybody own the red mens denim jacket?? online it looks pretty cool and a grey/black color
back in december i saw it here at the gap but it was really blue......

My daughter bought me the jacket for Christmas. I like to wear it with my white Edun hoodie underneath :cool:. Its very comfy.

Bono Mot said:

The Newman's ginger dressing is just :drool: I could drink it!

Sorry, derailing again. Um, I sent some (RED) Valentine's today!

really? is it sweet tasting ? I really like newman's balsamic vingerette but was wondering about this one too..

>>>part of the derailment..... :wink:

^It's not too sweet (which is why I like it) but it's VERY gingery AND low fat. So you can pour buckets on your salad! :wink:

Right, back to (RED). I just loaded the 1980-1990 B-sides onto my (RED) iPod, and it didn't automatically put in the names of the tunes. What the??? :huh:

The SLVR (RED) motorola is now selling here (malaysia) :hyper:
Hopefully the other RED products will soon be available as well :drool:

Maybe you could wash and dry it in hot water and shrink it? :hmm: Or use it for a night shirt. I actually bought some of mine too big on purpose for that because they are so soft.

bonocomet said:
Maybe you could wash and dry it in hot water and shrink it? :hmm: Or use it for a night shirt. I actually bought some of mine too big on purpose for that because they are so soft.
It's an xl. I thought of washing and drying it in hot water but it's really huge. It's not gonna fit anyway, and i really wanted to wear it at school

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
i'm sorry about that! is there a way to exchange over mail or online? :shrug:
i think so, but my parents won't allow me to. My uncle's gonna come back to the US on February 25th, but I'm afraid it's too late to exchange it. Isn't there a limit of 30 days to exchange stuff??
:confused:

lil_witch said:
:sad: my uncle gave me yesterday the ADMI(RED) shirt he had bought me when he was in the States...but it's waaay too big....i'd need to gain 30 pounds to fit in it....:sad:

They do shrink a little. Maybe you can wear it with a tank under it and belt it . :shrug:

I went to the Gap today and they had some stuff I have never seen! They had a RED wallet that I really liked but it was $60! Also a cute small purse but it was $60 also. I ended up getting some RED boxers for my husband for Valentine's day. They are so cute. They are red and when you open the fly there is DESI(RED) printed there! I was thinking that RED should do a fragrance, I bet that would sell well.

Yeah a fragrance would be nice... and the U2 guys could do one of those black n white, on the beach, sexy ads for it to promote Product Red... ... :drool: ... ... ...

well we can dream :shifty:

That's cool! There is also the (RED) song by the Killers, I bought it back during the holidays, it's a Christmas song. It might still be available but I'm not sure. I wonder if they will do more (RED) songs. (Forgot to say it was available on itunes as well.)

JCOSTER said:
^ Awesome!!!! Great idea!

Here is a pix of the new shirt in the gap with the African symbol of Hope on it.

P1000520.jpg

I definatly want that!
I remember when I bought my inspi(red) shirt I was wearing my Joshua Tree t-shirt and the Gap guy was like " I bet I know why you're buying this". :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom