RED is coming! no. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tpsreports2424 said:
My dad got the Hamme(RED) scarf..

Does anyone know how (RED) is doing now? of like how many people have been treated?

Here is some info from the (RED) website to help answer your question:

More MEASU(RED) Results

We have some updated results to share with you. (RED) sales in the U.S. in the first six weeks since launch have raised enough money to:

Provide more than 40,000 people with ARV treatment for a year (Note: These treatments are only a small portion of a person's overall treatment and represent just one year of lifelong treatment.)

Or provide more than 2 million peer educators with HIV training

Or provide a year's worth of school materials and daily hot meals
for more than 86,000 children orphaned by AIDS

Or provide more than 1 million Rapid Tests which detect HIV and deliver instant test results.

http://joinred.blogspot.com/

I was finally able to order my customized Converse lowtops for (RED) this week and can't wait to receive them. :hyper:

You can go to http://www.makeminered.com to order yours.

:rockon:

Guess who finally found a RED hoodie :hyper: :hyper:

Photo3.jpg

:love:

^^thanks :happy: It happened to be a return and I was debating buying it, then decided that I would feel so bad if I left it and came back and it was gone, so I bought it :D

I wonder what happens when a RED item is returned. Does it affect the donation at all? Has a donation now been made for that item twice?

Love your hoodie! :wink: It looks exactly like mine! :happy:

Jamila said:

Here is some info from the (RED) website to help answer your question:

More MEASU(RED) Results

We have some updated results to share with you. (RED) sales in the U.S. in the first six weeks since launch have raised enough money to:

Provide more than 40,000 people with ARV treatment for a year (Note: These treatments are only a small portion of a person's overall treatment and represent just one year of lifelong treatment.)

Or provide more than 2 million peer educators with HIV training

Or provide a year's worth of school materials and daily hot meals
for more than 86,000 children orphaned by AIDS

Or provide more than 1 million Rapid Tests which detect HIV and deliver instant test results.

http://joinred.blogspot.com/

I was finally able to order my customized Converse lowtops for (RED) this week and can't wait to receive them. :hyper:

I know much less than I should about the Global Fund specifically, but do you know what the turnover rate is for this type of thing? Like, we can see here how much the money is worth, but how do we know whether it's actually been distributed? Do I make any sense?

I'm just curious b/c there have been so many problems with governments promising aid or debt relief, but then it never actually happens or gets to the people.

Liesje said:

I know much less than I should about the Global Fund specifically, but do you know what the turnover rate is for this type of thing? Like, we can see here how much the money is worth, but how do we know whether it's actually been distributed? Do I make any sense?

I'm just curious b/c there have been so many problems with governments promising aid or debt relief, but then it never actually happens or gets to the people.

Isn't the Global Fund a U.N. thing? How's their record?

You can go to http://www.theglobalfund.org and find out all about the organization for yourselves.

The Global Fund has an IMPECCABLE record of getting the money donated to it into programs that are EFFECTIVE in stopping the spread of AIDS, TB and Malaria.

It is probably the MOST ACCOUNTABLE organization in terms of making sure the money it donates is well used.

In the past, the Global Fund has actually stopped funding programs when those running the programs can't account for exactly how the money is used and how many people are helped.

That is a VERY RESPONSIBLE way to run an organization.:up:

Right now the Global Fund is going through some re-organization and is looking for a new person to run this U.N. established (2001) organization.

All in all, a very RESPONSIBLE and EFFECTIVE organization in which to invest your money in the struggle to end extreme poverty. :yes:

Hey Bonocomet, I my (RED) pin was waiting for me my post box when I got home yesterday! Thank you soooo much!! :hug: And thanks for the (RED) card!!!

Now, we have been given the details of our 'show and tell' assignment and one of the things we need to know is the price of the item. So if anyone could tell me how much the Gap (RED) pin costs in their local Gap store. And is there anyway I could find out what the bead itself is made of?! :eyebrow:

Also I would like to present the (RED) Gap T-shirt, although I don't have the actual itme! :sad: But I do have several pics and all I need is for some one, who as a (RED) T-shirt. to scan or post a photo of what is says on the inside back of the neck part?! :wink: I can get all the rest of the info I need about it from the Gap website. Oh and does anyone have a pic the the (RED) T-shirt with the word Desi(RED) on it? Thanks!! :cute:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

Now, we have been given the details of our 'show and tell' assignment and one of the things we need to know is the price of the item. So if anyone could tell me how much the Gap (RED) pin costs in their local Gap store. And is there anyway I could find out what the bead itself is made of?! :eyebrow:

One American dollar, 50 cents goes to the Global Fund.

IMO, the bead is something synthetic. It doesn't seem like wood or ceramic and is probably not any kind of seed, especially if it was assembled in Africa (you can't transport any kind of seed or pod into the US).

Jamila said:

:scream: US only....

and the regular (RED) Converses are sold out since the week they were there! Can't they re-stock the site so us foreigners can buy (RED) too? :sad:

Has anyone seen the longsleeve Red tees yet in their stores? I was stocking them last night and my supervisor said they are new, but I was wondering if they were new just here or everywhere? Its just the same Inspired, Desired, Hammered etc tees, but longsleeve and tightfitting.

I'm not sure about the returns, as we've rarely had stuff being returned, I think the policy is that once the store has made a certain amount of money from (Red) each week, then that money is sent to the Global Fund.

I have not seen them here yet BD, but I have not been to the mall since Christmas. I will go check it out this weekend. I want a long sleve Desi(RED) shirt:love:

I just purchased a red inspired red hoodie for my sis-in-law's birthday, a red long sleeve sco(red) shirt for my husband for valentines day and a cream colored long sleeve with empow(red).

Liesje said:

One American dollar, 50 cents goes to the Global Fund.

IMO, the bead is something synthetic. It doesn't seem like wood or ceramic and is probably not any kind of seed, especially if it was assembled in Africa (you can't transport any kind of seed or pod into the US).

Haven't seen the pin yet but I believe the leather bracelets utilized African trade beads (made of glass). Could it be a similar bead on the pin?

bratty_cat said:

Haven't seen the pin yet but I believe the leather bracelets utilized African trade beads (made of glass). Could it be a similar bead on the pin?

no, it's definately not glass
if you look at the inside of this bead, it's white... means it's probably plastic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom