RED is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2FloridaFan said:
I just ordered my Red MotoRazr phone from Sprint :applaud: :applaud: :dancing: :dancing: Should have it in about 4 days. I'm sooo excited.

p.s. $64.99 w/ a 2 yr planoh...and I just received my "One" black t-shirt from Nordstrom's the other day.Very nice and soft.

how did you order it? Online, in store or over the phone?

U2 Beginner said:
:shocked: I just found Bono's Armani glasses for almost half price on a UK website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: £57.00!!!! :drool:

http://www.shadestation.co.uk/product_info.php?aff=aff12&products_id=3351

But it doesn't say RED on it. Does it matter?

But I am SERIOUSLY considering buying it!!!!

wow normally 147 euros???? they are 113 here usually! I wonder what they'd be here in Holland with the discount!

I want (RED) ones tho, I'm going to the Armani store in Amsterdam in a few months (aka when I get cash) and buy them, but I'm not sure if they'll be (RED) here... :(

U2Fanatic4ever said:

how did you order it? Online, in store or over the phone?
I ordered it online....the store said they didn't know when they were getting them even though they were supposed to have them Nov. 6, by phone the girl said they can be purchased Nov. 9th and online they were showing as available today...I couldn't wait so I ordered it online.

Here's the link http://www.sprintenterprise.com/red/

I just ordered my phone too! (over the phone) He said I'll get it in 1-3 days! :hyper:

c'mon U2F4e you need yours!!

It's mail in. $167 for the phone with a $90 mail in rebate, however since by buying the phone I was also renewing my contract, I also got the $50 renewal rebate applied to my next bill.

oops sorry edited... the mail in rebate on the phone is $90.

I have Verizon Wireless but I really want the phone! If I wait until motorola starts selling it through their website, would it still have to be Sprint? Or if I just buy the phone from motorola.com could it be used with Verizon?

sami0201 said:
I have Verizon Wireless but I really want the phone! If I wait until motorola starts selling it through their website, would it still have to be Sprint? Or if I just buy the phone from motorola.com could it be used with Verizon?

Sami, when you order it through motorola you have to pick a carrier. And as of right now only US Cellular and Sprint are carrying the phone. You may want to call Verizon and see if they are going to get it and when..

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Sami, when you order it through motorola you have to pick a carrier. And as of right now only US Cellular and Sprint are carrying the phone. You may want to call Verizon and see if they are going to get it and when..

Oh. :sad:

ughhhhhhhh.. if I order this phone over the phone I have to pay the full amount up front.. with the 240 dollars as a mail in rebate that will take 8-14 weeks to get. None of the stores around me have the phone...I have been calling all day. No one can tell me when they are getting them or even reserve one for me.. So I have to continue to waste all this time finding it. :mad:

U2Fanatic4ever, geesh can I relate. I just got off the phone with Sprint. For my husband and I to get the phone now, it will be $600!!! He said the rebates would come in 4-6 weeks, but still, $600!!!?! I also went the the Sprint store today and they were clueless of when it will come in. My wanting to have the phone NOW is gettting the best of me! Don't know what to do...don't know what to do.

drdre12 said:
U2Fanatic4ever, geesh can I relate. I just got off the phone with Sprint. For my husband and I to get the phone now, it will be $600!!! He said the rebates would come in 4-6 weeks, but still, $600!!!?! I also went the the Sprint store today and they were clueless of when it will come in. My wanting to have the phone NOW is gettting the best of me! Don't know what to do...don't know what to do.

the people at the stores are CLUELESS!!!:mad:

I spent over an hour on the phone. They tell me that the phone is available on the ninth. If you get a 2 yr. contract with Sprint, the phone is 49.99

I'm goingwith the Fair Flex plan there are a few of them I'm chosing the 200 min with free nights after 7, weekends and caller Id and long distance for 29.99 the next plan up is for 450 minutes for 39.99.
No one calls me except my daughter looking for $ so I'm going with that. Not a bad deal. They also have family plans.

Last edited:
Val said:
I spent over an hour on the phone. They tell me that the phone is available on the ninth. If you get a 2 yr. contract with Sprint, the phone is 49.99

I'm goingwith the Fair Flex plan there are a few of them I'm chosing the 200 min with free nights after 7, weekends and caller Id and long distance for 29.99 the next plan up is for 450 minutes for 39.99.
No one calls me except my daughter looking for $ so I'm going with that. Not a bad deal. They also have family plans.

49.99? it's advertised for 64.99 with the 2 yr contract. And I was on the phone with sprint too and they told me it was 64.99. Sprint has a bunch of friggin morons working for them...:huh: :|

I agree they're idiots. It took 3 reps, answering all their questions, spelling my name, address the whole bit and then the third finally tells me it's not available till the ninth. When did they tell you it was available? and I swear all three reps told me 49.99 .

Last edited:
I tell ya if it wasn't for this phone... I would be switching carriers for sure.. :mad:

Apparently Sprint goofed..

Here's an email they sent me yesterday..

Dear Valued Customer:

Earlier today, we sent you an email communicating that the Sprint red
MOTORAZR V3m was orderable via the Sprint Web site. The phone offer
was for $64.99 (after $90 mail-in rebate). Unfortunately, at the
time of the email launch, the ability to order the phone on the Web
was not fully functional.

The Sprint red MOTORAZR V3m is now on the site and is fully orderable.
To order the Sprint red MOTORAZR V3m, please use the link below
or call us at 1-800-Sprint-1.
http://sprint.r.delivery.net/r/c/r?1.1.GT.HP.1bR7aT.C1gVNA..M.CqMC.2Ya_.3L71BJ

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have
caused you.

Sincerely,

Sprint Customer Service

It's on the Gap site now.

It smells reeeally good.

REDcandle.jpg

bonocomet said:
It's on the Gap site now.

It smells reeeally good.

REDcandle.jpg
Me want!:drool:

I tried on my INSPI(RED) T yesterday. I figured a medium would fit. It fits but I had no idea how low cut it was. Holy cleavage, Batman! Well, now I what to wear when I finally meet U2.

And I'd love some RED stationery type items.

BONOCOMET...

:hyper: OMFG!! I am FINALLY GETTING THAT DAMN PHONE! After calling customer service several times and talking to telesales at least twice. I got tired of calling all those friggin stores all day over and over (no one had the phone in yet). Getting different stories from basically each person I talked to.. I said what the hell I will call telesales again (who initially told me that the rebates were mail in if I ordered from them..) and I could tell I by the guy's accent (he was from a different group/hispanic/mexico as opposed to someone from India..ugh) he informed me that the 150 dollar rebate would be instant through them and that the 90 dollars would be mail in (and that it comes with the product). So I ended up paying with taxes..162.74 and that I would get the phone in 1-3 days!

I AM SO DAMN EXCITED..! :happy:... I am glad this whole nightmare is over!:wink:

Question about the RED phone...if I go to my Sprint store, is the $90 still mail in? Or, is it instant like the $150?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
BONOCOMET...

I AM SO DAMN EXCITED..! :happy:... I am glad this whole nightmare is over!:wink:

Yay 4 U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you got it all worked out. We soon will have our red phones! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and :madwife: to Sprint... but :rockon: to us! :happy:

U2Fanatic4ever, yea on your phone! What phone number did you call. I want to get that instant savings and then I WILL buy it! It is too much money to fork over without the instant taken off there. THanks!

onebloodonelife said:
Question about the RED phone...if I go to my Sprint store, is the $90 still mail in? Or, is it instant like the $150?

If the store has this phone in stock (all the stores I called didn't have it yet and weren't sure when). And you are an existing customer and qualify for both rebates (90 and 150 dollars) you get those rebates instantly in store.

Hope that helps...:wink:

:grumpy: can somebody make the converse site restock in (RED) shoes? sheesh, my luck again! First time I'm FINALLY allowed to buy something online, and yea, I can't because it's sold out :banghead:

drdre12 said:
U2Fanatic4ever, yea on your phone! What phone number did you call. I want to get that instant savings and then I WILL buy it! It is too much money to fork over without the instant taken off there. THanks!

the telesales number you want to call is: 866-288-1607

Remember if you are eligibile for that rebate (the 75 dollars or 150 dollars) this is what should be instant if you do it over the phone. The other rebate, 90 dollar one is a mail in rebate that comes with the phone when you get it and then you mail it in.

If you want the full instant savings (both rebates) you have to go into a Sprint store and buy the phone.. (Good luck there cuz none of us here have been successful in finding a single store with this phone)

I ordered online yesterday and got the instant $150 rebate and then printed out the slip for the $90 rebate which is mail in. When I didn't receive an email confirming my order I called Sprint and she assured me there is not a problem and gave me a shipping confirmation...so it really was no problem...plus I ordered 4 add'l phones (not Razr's) for the rest of my family since we had to switch carriers to get the Red phone. The rep did say they are behind in shipping but I should have it in 2-4 days. Can't wait. The store I spoke with said they aren't sure when they're getting it...that their launch dates are only approximate....

Galeongirl said:
:grumpy: can somebody make the converse site restock in (RED) shoes? sheesh, my luck again! First time I'm FINALLY allowed to buy something online, and yea, I can't because it's sold out :banghead:

Maybe it's just the material you ordered that's sold out. Have you tried another color or material?

U2FloridaFan said:

Maybe it's just the material you ordered that's sold out. Have you tried another color or material?

The Red Black AND white are all sold out... I wanted the black ones, but yea, they're ALL sold out! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom