RED is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the brown canvas bag today, I alreadt got the red inspired shirt and the bracelet on Friday.

Jeannieco said:

I went to a GAP here in Seattle area and they were already sold out of the red t's that were on the Oprah show yesterday!!
They had very little stock left of everything else! Man, things sell fast!! COOL!!! We have 5 yrs , I am sure we will be able to get what we want eventually!

:yes: I went to the downtown store on Saturday, and got one of the last INSPI(RED) shirts. It was absolutely crazy in the store! :lol: I'll probably buy some more Red items the next time I'm there, but I wanted to get at that shirt for sure.

We went to another mall yesterday afternoon, and peeked in the Gap, and they were completely out of the Red stuff. It sounds like the stuff is just flying off the shelves, which is so wonderful. I definitely want to get another shirt, possibly a hoodie, a bag, and the bracelet. In other words, I want it all! :D

It's great to see everything going so fast. I won't be able to get to the mall til this weekend. My hubby wants the Converse. I will come away with something--anything! :wink:

bonocomet said:
Wait... we can't order the Motorola phones on line yet?? I just tried... you can only sign up to be notified when they are available. :(

Yeah, I signed up at Motorola and at Sprint to be notified when the Red phones are available, at the beginning of November. Can't wait. We just happened to be getting ready to renew contracts and even though we're with Cingular, we'll switch to Sprint just so I can get the phone.:wink:

I'm signed up at Motorola and Red. I didn't see the Red phone mentioned anywhere at Sprint's site. Is it there? Where did you find it? Stopped by Gap again tonite. They still had a lot of stuff but they got the tank tops in today so they had lots of those. They also had the denim shirt. It was gorgeous with really cool red buttons at the collar and sleeves... but $148. :ohmy:

bonocomet said:
I'm signed up at Motorola and Red. I didn't see the Red phone mentioned anywhere at Sprint's site. Is it there? Where did you find it? Stopped by Gap again tonite. They still had a lot of stuff but they got the tank tops in today so they had lots of those. They also had the denim shirt. It was gorgeous with really cool red buttons at the collar and sleeves... but $148. :ohmy:

bonocomet,

see the link here : http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=13840

Not Red-But EDUN--I found several items on Anthropologie.Com--T's on sale for 29.95 (small & medium sizes.) and a couple cute sweaters.

I went in to the mall today to check out all the Red stuff, and I left kind of dejected. I was hoping the shirts would be a little cheaper because I never ever spend that much on clothes, let alone 150$ for pants :huh: At least I've asked for gap cards for christmas, so I'll have some gap cash then.

I think that the Red campaign is an excellent idea, and I really want to support it, but geez the stuff is out of my price range. Lol

bonocomet said:

Thank you!!!!

Did you see that they are also reserving phones for a limited time for you when you sign up. That's awesome! :happy:

yep sure did! I signed up right away. I am a current Sprint customer and I think I can upgrade.. gotta call sprint on the pricing tho... Doing it no matter what. Phone is over 2 yrs old.

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :hyper: I just got off the phone with Sprint and found out I am eligible for an upgrade so I get $150.00 rebate off the price of the phone!!! :dancing:

Can you tell I am a tad excited!:wink:

Last edited:
u2bonogirl said:
I went in to the mall today to check out all the Red stuff, and I left kind of dejected. I was hoping the shirts would be a little cheaper because I never ever spend that much on clothes, let alone 150$ for pants :huh: At least I've asked for gap cards for christmas, so I'll have some gap cash then.

I think that the Red campaign is an excellent idea, and I really want to support it, but geez the stuff is out of my price range. Lol

$28 for a t shirt at Gap doesn't seem unreasonable. But if you just went today then you probably didn't see any of the t shirts since they are sold out (at least they are at every Gap store in MN). The jeans are way more than I'd ever spend on one pair of jeans but I don't think the other items that I'd normally buy at the Gap, like the hoodie or bag, are bad either. The quality of the clothing at Gap is worth the extra money. I'd rather spend a little extra and know that my item will last.

arw9797 said:

$28 for a t shirt at Gap doesn't seem unreasonable. But if you just went today then you probably didn't see any of the t shirts since they are sold out (at least they are at every Gap store in MN). The jeans are way more than I'd ever spend on one pair of jeans but I don't think the other items that I'd normally buy at the Gap, like the hoodie or bag, are bad either. The quality of the clothing at Gap is worth the extra money. I'd rather spend a little extra and know that my item will last.

You're av and sig, ARW... :applaud: :lol:

The Great Pumpkin! :heart:

Snoopy is so cool :happy:
SnoopyLucypeaces_icons.gif

Got my Inspi(red) shirt at the Gap Saturday & my EDUN shirt came today from Anthropoligie.Com--it's very cute--they had several EDUN items.

I got the Converse the other day. Love them. I really wanted a couple tee's, but the sizing is kind of off. The xs even dwarfed me. I'm a reg. small or even medium depending on the cut but these are huge! And the small white hoodies looked like an XL
No tanks to be had :|

I just found this thread so here's my input.

The first day that the Gap RED tees were available I went and bought one olive Desi(red) tee and one red Inspi(red) tee.

I also made contact with a regional manager for Gap who was very excited about RED and noticed my ONE whiteband.

We started talking about all things EDUN, DATA, ONE and RED and she was really impressed with our conversation so much that we exchanged business cards (I am active in a local organization which is involved with humanitarian activities in Lesotho centering on helping HIV affected families).

She going to work with us to see what type of outreach activities that we can do in our community in support of RED and Lesotho!

There's a lot more than this going on behind the scenes but that's all that I can share.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:bonodrum:

When I was in New York last week, I got the red hoodie and a grey 'Bo(red)' t-shirt. Wearing that to work today, don't think my boss liked it, haha!

I washed my inspi(red) t over the weekend in cold water & inside out--but the red faded over on the wording. I'm kind of upset. :(

I have to say that I am very disappointed with the quality of the range, the tshirts are so flimsy and the wording on my INSPI(RED) thsirt was pink and already faded!

Maybe the stuff in the States is a bit better I'm in New York in about 3 weeks so will take another look at the range, I cant get the bracelets anywhere over here.

I saw a lot of the shirts in ths store where the wording was so faint you couldn't even see it till you really examined it. You had to dig thru them to get the ones you could read well. (I'm on the west coast USA) I haven't washed it yet... guess I better prepare myself... :(

On the other hand I bought the hoody plain red with no writing so no worries there, hopefully. And yeah the bracelet is nowhere to be found.

I washed my red Inspired shirt and my daughter's red Desired shirt in cold water with other red articles of clothing, and in the gentle cycle. Tossed them in the dryer for a couple of minutes to get out the wrinkles and hung them to dry. They were alright. Sorry to hear of your problem Bono's Doll :(

and our words were printed clearly when we bought them, and still good

Thanks Lila--I'm just going to put it up in my U2 scrap box & hang on to as a momento--It's the $ I gave that counts anyway. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom