RED is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't go shopping until tonight so went to one of the larger stores. They still had stuff but mostly smaller sizes and very few with words. Did get the last INSPI(RED) for my niece and a couple of bracelets for me along with the last pin.
One of the sale reps said they were almost sold out of all the shirts by last night but did get more in this morning. And they were expecting another shipment within a week that would include tanktops.

Way cool that (RED) is off to such a phenomenal start!! :hyper:

My daughters wanted the bracelet, I wanted the pin, but they were all gone. They did however have a ton of the Inspi(RED)shirts. Everywhere is so different!

Wait... we can't order the Motorola phones on line yet?? I just tried... you can only sign up to be notified when they are available. :(

I'd like to see the pins too. The bracelet was brown leather with a single red bead.
The girl at the Gap store said the pin was a red safety pin with something on it.... er .. something.

ThoraSEB said:
This is all so awesome! I just hope it comes to Canada soon. I am going to Seattle this weekend, so I'll have to check out the Gap while I'm there to see if there's anything. :drool:

I went to a GAP here in Seattle area and they were already sold out of the red t's that were on the Oprah show yesterday!!
They had very little stock left of everything else! Man, things sell fast!! COOL!!! We have 5 yrs , I am sure we will be able to get what we want eventually!

Sorry, if you click on the one of the RED line links there are pictures where you just click next. The bracelet was the first one pictured. I purchased the RED bag and 2 shirts last nights but now both those items are sold out also. I think they seriously underestimated demand.

Oh ok I see the bracelet is on the slideshow thingy... but also not available :( along with the beanies.... I'm hopeful the stores around here will get them soon.

blueskye310 said:
Does anyone have pics of the bracelet or pins? I haven't seen them yet.

I took at least 20 pictures of it and still couldn't get a good one. It's so tiny that it comes out blurry. The black thing behind it is a magnet. I don't know what I want to do with it yet so I put it on my fridge :reject:

RedPin.jpg

My Gap had a huge container of both these and the bracelets. The only thing they appeared to be out of were the red color shirts. They did have a few of the other colors left, but not much. I looked at the bracelets but got distracted by the sales person that located the shirt I wanted. I forgot to go back to them. :(

arw9797 said:

I took at least 20 pictures of it and still couldn't get a good one. It's so tiny that it comes out blurry. The black thing behind it is a magnet. I don't know what I want to do with it yet so I put it on my fridge :reject:

RedPin.jpg

My Gap had a huge container of both these and the bracelets. The only thing they appeared to be out of were the red color shirts. They did have a few of the other colors left, but not much. I looked at the bracelets but got distracted by the sales person that located the shirt I wanted. I forgot to go back to them. :(
Thanks for the picture :hug:

I'll definetely be picking up a few of those. I have a slight obsession with safety pins. I constantly attach them to my bracelets, my purse, my clothes, etc. So I was thrilled to see that the RED pin is a safety pin :hyper:

I went to the mall this morning and they were basically sold out of everything! :crazy: I got a DESI(RED) short sleeved shirt even though I really wanted an INSPI(RED) tank. I also got a bracelet. And then I went to the mens part and they had the INSPI(RED) tee shirt so I got that for now until they get more tanks. :)

The whole concept of this charity is fantastic. I am so awed at the simplicity of it...very cool. I don't know if I fit into Gap clothes (18). But I have my eyes on the converse sneakers, and that Motorola phone! Any way I can support this cause I will.

In the last couple of years this disease has hit people close to me. And I want to have the knowledge in my heart that I helped others who can't get the meds and care they are entitled to.

Jess

oktobergirl said:
Beverly Hills Gap was so picked over. Some chick got the last red Inspi(RED) tshirt right in front of me. :mad:

They did have the green totes which were pretty cool looking. I held out though and am going to check out the local gap here in Torrance tomorrow. Hope I have better luck.

In better news, got some $270.00 Loomstate jeans for 9.99 at the yearly sale at Fred Segal. :wink:

Congrats on your Fred Segal purchase!

As for Gap status...
I bought my stuff yesterday from Thousand Oaks Gap. Had limited selection, basically just the tees.

Went to Topanga Plaza today, and that Gap had a few more things, but not much. (Sold out of stuff)

Headed further into the valley to the Sherman Oaks store, and they at least had a selection. Maddy got a red Desi(red) shirt, which I hadn't seen anywhere else. They had the hoodies, jeans, book, totes, shirts. Hadn't gotten in any tanks or the green jacket with the red words (Oprah's dog walking jacket :lol: ). There is also a store nearby to Sherman Oaks in Studio City. And then there's The Grove & the one in Hollywood. Just in case you need something to do tomorrow.

The red safety pin says GAP and has a bead on it, as pictured above. The ones attached to the garments seem to be somewhat red but not the same (no bead either). The bracelets I've seen come in red, white, and brown-ish black (not sure what color it was). I saw others in line in Sherman Oaks purchasing shirts. One woman purchased a lot, including the book :up: Never saw hats or candles... And the website never had everything in the line online, cuz I was online Friday morning about 2:00am...

Wore my white long sleeve with my green Desi(red) shirt today. :happy:

Happy Shopping!

It was sealed in plastic :mad: - and supposedly came with a CD. I think, if I remember correctly, it was supposed to be pictures of all the people advertising for the campaign (celebrities). I wanted to look at it, but there wasn't an open copy. And it might have been about $35+ :der: I didn't investigate further

The book didn't look like a RED product to me, was it? And yes the safety pins that attach the tags are just red painted safety pins, the "pin" is completely different, but I still thought it cool they went out of their way to paint the plain safety pins red instead of using just the gold ones. :)
The store in San Diego has the "dog walking" jacket... but I'm holding out for Bono's denim jacket. :drool:

they had some sort of denim-ish hooded sweater/sweatshirt. Think it was part of the men's line. I couldn't afford Bono's denim jacket. I already have a regular Levi's one. It will have to do. But the black non-RED jacket I got at the Gap is simply fabulous! :happy: :dance:

Oh how sweet! Thanks!!

I'm going to try to get to another store this week, if I find one I'll post here to let you know, otherwise I'd love it! Thank you! :hug:

Do you need a white ONE bracelet? I have lots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom