RED is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for the people who have bought RED from the big Chicago one..

Is a lot of things or any of the things sold at the GAP or Armani sold out of RED? I just wanna know this before I go down to find out..

The gap by my school upstate only had the t-shirts, long-sleeved shirts and brown and green bags. I was wondering if anyone in NYC has gone to the Gap and seen what they have down there.

Also, can anyone tell me if the Razr is gonna be sold for all phone companies or just Sprint. During Larry King I could have sworn I heard Bobby Shriver say just Sprint, which wouldn't be too great because I have Verizon.

Thank you much! I went early after class today to buy some of the Red stuff and the greeters were so happy that I knew about it already. They told me that it would be on Oprah and I was like "yeah i know" So they asked me how I knew so much already and I said I was a Bono fan. So the girl smiled and said another employee was too. And when I was ready to pay she yelled across the store to the cashier "Look how much Red stuff she's buying! She's a Bono fan!" Haha, I thought that was amusing. It was a little embarassing but I was so happy to see them so excited about it. It was awesome :)

Oops, sorry for the double post... also just wondering out of curiosity... are all the red Inspi(red) shirts faded at the Inspi part? I saw they were on Oprah too but Penelope Cruz was wearing one that was all bold, which I thought looked nicer. Just wondering if they're all like that or just certain batches... I really want to start wearing mine but I'm afraid I'll find a nicer one at another Gap and then I won't be able to exchange it... I dunno... :shrug:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
just ran to the gap by me and got the red inspi(red) and the khaki green desi(red). Also got the red bracelet, red pins and a shirt for the hubby and that white long sleeve shirt that they wore under the red tshirts... Oy vey mama! :hyper: :love:

We got the same stuff!
0248.gif

Except nothing for the hubby :wink:
And I got a cool black jacket (non-RED), but :love:d it!

:( I wish NZ had access to stuff like you guys do.....some days it sucks being at the bottom of the world....:sad:

kellyahern said:
Bobby Shriver just said on Larry King Live that the GAP products would be available for 5 years

:yes:

One of the employees at the store I went to, told me Gap has commited to (make/sell) RED products for 5 years.

Of course, it's not that the exact same clothes that were launched today will still be hanging in the stores in 2011.

Every clothing collection is sort of a limited edition. This is the fall/winter 2006 line. Which will hopefully be replaced by a spring/summer 2007 line. Which in turn will hopefully make place for another fall/winter line (2007), etc, etc.

Who knows when a product RED of the fall/winter 2006 line sells out (online or in the stores), whether it will be available again, yes or no.

BelaVox21 said:
Also, can anyone tell me if the Razr is gonna be sold for all phone companies or just Sprint. During Larry King I could have sworn I heard Bobby Shriver say just Sprint, which wouldn't be too great because I have Verizon.

I thought it was only for cingular? :scratch:

gluey said:
:( I wish NZ had access to stuff like you guys do.....some days it sucks being at the bottom of the world....:sad:

I'm in your same situation!!!
I'm in italy, but too far from importants cities...
in the middle of the sea!!! :huh:
there aren't red things in shops...
there aren't u2!!!!! :sad:

I thought it was odd that the website didn't offer the complete line. The only place I saw most of the stuff was at the Gap in Chicago on Oprah. Looks like a lot of items are sold out online. That red reverse sweater is only listed in blue. I at least wanted to try it on... Maybe we'll hit some Gap stores this afternoon :eyebrow: :shifty:

The Gap I went to today is basically sold out of all of the tee's for men and women. It was absolutely crazy in there today and the people that worked there were just shocked at how crazy things were flying out of there. They had 1 Inspi(red) shirt left and it happened to be in my size :D I really wanted to get one of the bags and a hoodie but I was good and just got the shirt.

Finally managed to find a UK Gap that had what I wanted the RED slogan tshirt from the branch in Leeds!!

Fingers crossed that I can pick up some more when I come to New York.

Val said:
If anyone sees the red bag, I NEED it!

I don't NEED it anymore. I HAVE it! Yeah. Isn't it great when you see something in a pic and hope you like it when you see it in the real. And then, it is better than you thought. I just love my RED bag!

ps got the book and a Desi(RED) green T.
Couldn't get a pin. What do they look like?

FYI the salesperson said they sold out of RED in Manhattan...so great!

Last edited:
I went to a pretty obscure Gap store in a strip mall here today and they were pretty much sold out of the little stock they had gotten.

I asked if they were getting more and the salesperson said yeah but they didn't think for a couple of weeks.

They said they didn't think they would sell as much as they have. Most people in the store were hovering around the Red counter.

I wonder if they imagined this would sell like it has.

I got the Desi(RED) green T and the messenger bag.:wink:

I mapquested for any Gaps around me, but the one I found was closed down! Too bad I found that out *after* I got to the mall! :mad: :tsk:. Now I have to wait till next weekend to get Red stuff. :sad:

Here's some red for 'em. :mad:

I had to wait til after work today to get to a store. They had already sold out of a lot but still had a ton of stuff. People were still buying it like mad tho! I very rarely shop for clothes... so I decided to go a little Oprahesque nuts. Got lots of awesome stuff but my fave is the RED hoody. It's gorgeous and I felt GREAT wearing it the second I got out the door. Yay!

So far I have the RED tote, The RED Nano and 2 Bo(red) T-shirts for my teenage daughters.

Did I see someone on this thread there were RED beanies?::edge:

Am still looking for a pin. I so wanted that. Am grateful for what I did get though.

The website had the beanies yesterday but they are already gone :(

But my store said they hope to get them in within a week or two, along with the leather jacket... looks like I'm going to have to call them every day. The beanies were a striped one, and a cashmere red one.

I'd still try going tomorrow, ya never know!

Beverly Hills Gap was so picked over. Some chick got the last red Inspi(RED) tshirt right in front of me. :mad:

They did have the green totes which were pretty cool looking. I held out though and am going to check out the local gap here in Torrance tomorrow. Hope I have better luck.

In better news, got some $270.00 Loomstate jeans for 9.99 at the yearly sale at Fred Segal. :wink:

bonocomet said:
The website had the beanies yesterday but they are already gone :(

But my store said they hope to get them in within a week or two, along with the leather jacket... looks like I'm going to have to call them every day. The beanies were a striped one, and a cashmere red one.

I'd still try going tomorrow, ya never know!

I SOOOOO want the cashmere one

tpsreports2424 said:
So do you guys think im screwed for going tomorrow?

I would go anyway. You never know.

ps if you do and they have the pins, would you consider picking me up one? I'd send a self addressed envelope and the cost to you of course. I hope I'm not being pushy. Perhaps I am. Never mind. This whole wonderful RED thing has gotten to me. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom