RED is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

If the store has this phone in stock (all the stores I called didn't have it yet and weren't sure when). And you are an existing customer and qualify for both rebates (90 and 150 dollars) you get those rebates instantly in store.

Hope that helps...:wink:

:hmm: So, what happens if I'm switching carriers, then I have to get the mail in rebate?

onebloodonelife said:

:hmm: So, what happens if I'm switching carriers, then I have to get the mail in rebate?

sorry I didn't clarify... If you are a new or existing customer you have to still go into the store to get both rebates instantly. If you want to do it online or over the phone the 90 dollars is still a mail in rebate no matter what kind of customer you are.

Hope this helps..

U2Fanatic4ever said:

sorry I didn't clarify... If you are a new or existing customer you have to still go into the store to get both rebates instantly. If you want to do it online or over the phone the 90 dollars is still a mail in rebate no matter what kind of customer you are.

Hope this helps..

Okay, thanks! :D

:hmm: It's looking better and better for me...I also get a 25% discount on monthly plans because I work at Sears :happy: Now, I'm just hoping that the Sprint Store in town will either have the phone or be getting it soon...

onebloodonelife said:

Okay, thanks! :D

:hmm: It's looking better and better for me...I also get a 25% discount on monthly plans because I work at Sears :happy: Now, I'm just hoping that the Sprint Store in town will either have the phone or be getting it soon...

Good Luck! Hope you find the phone at your local Sprint Store...:wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
BONOCOMET...

:hyper: OMFG!! I am FINALLY GETTING THAT DAMN PHONE! After calling customer service several times and talking to telesales at least twice. I got tired of calling all those friggin stores all day over and over (no one had the phone in yet). Getting different stories from basically each person I talked to.. I said what the hell I will call telesales again (who initially told me that the rebates were mail in if I ordered from them..) and I could tell I by the guy's accent (he was from a different group/hispanic/mexico as opposed to someone from India..ugh) he informed me that the 150 dollar rebate would be instant through them and that the 90 dollars would be mail in (and that it comes with the product). So I ended up paying with taxes..162.74 and that I would get the phone in 1-3 days!

I AM SO DAMN EXCITED..! :happy:... I am glad this whole nightmare is over!:wink:
everything BonoComet said. I was messed around with for three days. Finally just this am, my order went through. As far as the previous 49.99 quote, they were wrong, wrong , wrong...it was for the black one. I don't mind so much as I realized the difference was the $ that goes to the Global Fund. I'm excited.

Armani is available now folks... I just got this email.. See pic below.

armanipic.jpg

Actually that quote up there is by U2Fanatic4ever, but yeah, they haven't made it easy for us to get this phone! When I tried to order online, the site said for security reasons I would need to change my existing password to log in and buy it... so I did... then it said my password wasn't recognized! So when I called they said oh yes it takes a few hours for the new password to take effect! So um yeah... ug.

bonocomet said:
Actually that quote up there is by U2Fanatic4ever, but yeah, they haven't made it easy for us to get this phone! When I tried to order online, the site said for security reasons I would need to change my existing password to log in and buy it... so I did... then it said my password wasn't recognized! So when I called they said oh yes it takes a few hours for the new password to take effect! So um yeah... ug.

sorry, I need to get my quotes right..lol I guess I was just seeing RED!

So, no phone at the Sprint Store yet, and it won't be at mine until January or Febuary...:grumpy: and I'm not waiting that long. And, since I'm under 18, I have to have my dad sign me up for a plan and buy the phone online, then I'll pay him monthly...or switch the monthly bill to my checking account. Whew, the things I'll do for the RED campaign :lol:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Anyone got a pic of the beanie? :hyper:

I don't, but it's included in the accessories page at gap.com :D

When I get my RED Razr, does it come activated or do I need to take it to the Sprint Store?

onebloodonelife said:

I don't, but it's included in the accessories page at gap.com :D

When I get my RED Razr, does it come activated or do I need to take it to the Sprint Store?

I got mine today!!!

I was told I can call to activate it over the phone. I'm actually porting another number from another carrier but I can do that over the phone too. It's sooooo pretty. Can't wait til it's charged and my number is forwarded so I can start showing it off.

I ordered mine online Tuesday by the way.

Last edited:
U2FloridaFan said:

I got mine today!!!

I was told I can call to activate it over the phone. I'm actually porting another number from another carrier but I can do that over the phone too. It's sooooo pretty. Can't wait til it's charged and my number is forwarded so I can start showing it off.

I ordered mine online Tuesday by the way.

woooooooooohooooooooooooo !!!:happy: You lucky devil! I bet it very pretty.. Can't wait to get mine..:hyper:

looks like it takes about 3 days..

Did it come UPS? and did you have to sign for it?

WHOOHOOO! I ordered my phone today! The guy was going to try to not give me the intstant rebate, but I smooooth talked him to get me what I wanted! He said I would get it tomorrow, which I doubt will happen. YEA!!!

drdre12 said:
WHOOHOOO! I ordered my phone today! The guy was going to try to not give me the intstant rebate, but I smooooth talked him to get me what I wanted! He said I would get it tomorrow, which I doubt will happen. YEA!!!

unless you paid extra for overnight it won't. When I ordered mine yesterday the guy said it would cost 12 dollars to ovenight it so I chose not to. I was told 3 - 4 days..

Oh man! I think I did overnight it! He didn't say that shipping cost was overnighting it!! Sigh. Oh well. I was calling overseas maybe I didn't understand.

If best buy is giving the phones for free, I am still assuming that Sprint will be donating the money to the Global Fund on its own? Doesn't that take away a bit of the purpose of buying a product and the money going to charity, becuase the customer is not actually giving any money? Just a thought.

Also, if they are putting out these ads, why can noone give a date when the phone would be in? Wouldn't it be easy to say to all the people that keep calling...well right after Thanksgiving!!!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

thanks but I really didn't need to see that after I bought the phone... :mad: :| :(

nor did I..perhaps we should call and complain...after all, we have 30 days right?

drdre12 said:
If best buy is giving the phones for free, I am still assuming that Sprint will be donating the money to the Global Fund on its own? Doesn't that take away a bit of the purpose of buying a product and the money going to charity, becuase the customer is not actually giving any money? Just a thought.

Also, if they are putting out these ads, why can noone give a date when the phone would be in? Wouldn't it be easy to say to all the people that keep calling...well right after Thanksgiving!!!

amen to that! Where is the money for the global fund if these 5 phones per store are given away for free? I assume best buy/sprint are going to eat the portion they would normally make in order to get the money to the global fund.. :hmm:

this just frustrates me.. the odds of getting the free phone on black friday is basically nill unless you camp out over nite at best buy and are one of the first five people in line.. I would rather pay the money knowing that its going to the global fund for sure..

Has anyone tried on the Green Loden Knit jacket that's on the RED Gap site now? If so, how does it run...large, small... I am wondering if it doesn't fit, do they take it back? How does all that work? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom