Red Gap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Doll

New Yorker
I was looking for Jeans on the Gap Web Site & said Coming in October Red (Product) introduced by Bobby Shriver & Bono. You can enter your email address to be advised when products are available.

I tried to go to the link and this was what I got:

SORRY, OUR STORE IS CLOSED FOR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE.

We will reopen for business on Sunday, August 27th, 2006.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

While we can’t take orders during this time, should you have any general questions please call 1-800-GAPSTYLE.

:sad:

The sun will come out tomorrow.

didn't know where else to post this, and I'm guessing others got this email as well. Thought I'd post it here :reject:

(RED) money at work in Africa, plus news and events

Hello (RED) folks,

As we prepare to launch (RED)™ globally, we're putting on some great events all over the world. Keep reading for more info.

Also, many thanks to you for purchasing (RED) products: In May, $1.2 million of the first (RED) money received by the Global Fund flowed to Rwanda. This has gone towards the Rwandan Ministry of Health's comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs, mainly to provide anti-retroviral pills for children and adults in a third of the country.

This week, $4 million of (RED) money flowed to Swaziland. Derek von Wissell, director of National Emergency Response Council on HIV/AIDS, described where the money will go: "First, a large portion of the money will be directed to orphans - feeding them, keeping them in school, protecting them and offering them a future. Second, some of the money will help support the treatment of people on anti-retroviral therapy. (RED) is saving lives. (RED) is helping orphans survive and giving them a better future. (RED) will make a difference."

Hooray for Mr. von Wissell and his team! (RED) deeply appreciates their lifesaving work.

Thanks,

Bobby

ARMANI (PRODUCT) RED

Our partner Mr. Giorgio Armani presents the One Night Only event on Thursday 21st September at Earl's Court in London, which he is theming "an INSPI(RED) evening of fashion and music," using our (RED) word. The show features the Emporio Armani Spring Summer 2007 women's fashion show and the launch of the Emporio Armani (PRODUCT) RED capsule collection. We have some of the items this collection at the (RED) office, and they're fabulous. Many of Mr. Armani's friends from the worlds of film, music and sport will attend, including Bono, Beyoncé, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alicia Keys, Clive Owen, Ashley Judd (who has worked with Bono and Bobby in the past), Samuel L. Jackson, Andrea Bocelli, James Franco, Andriy Shevchenko and more. The event will be broadcast on the UK's Channel 4 and syndicated worldwide.

MOTOROLA (PRODUCT) RED

UK friends, don't worry if you didn't get tickets to the (MOTO) RED SQUARE concert featuring Scissor Sisters live from Trafalgar Square! The entire show will be screened live on Channel 4 on the same night, Saturday 16th September.

Fans will be able to watch the gig on Channel 4/E4 at the following times:

Saturday 16th September, 2240

Sunday 17th September, 1420

Saturday 23rd September, 1300

Motorola is also giving away exclusive (MOTO) RED Square Scissor Sisters mobile content. For video clips, wallpapers and music - visit www.motorola.com/red

GAP (PRODUCT) RED

Gap hosted a dinner party in London on 6th September to launch their Individuals book, showcasing stars from their past ad campaigns. Gap is contributing their profits from the sale of the book to The Global Fund. The book will soon be available at Gap stores in the U.S. and UK.

The dinner had a wonderful turnout, including Alison Goldfrapp, Christian Laboutin, Roland Mouret, Will Kemp, Erin O'Connor, Zandra Rhodes, Manola Blahnik, Daphne Guinness, Thandie Newton, Bryan Ferry, Bella Freud, and many more.

Guests entered the gallery for cocktails and to view the images and the new book. Upstairs, there were about 70 people seated for dinner at one long table that was made up of a light box. All the images from the book made up the table top, and it was lit from underneath. Even the light fixtures over the table were glass boxes with the book images.

Take a peek at a review and some photos by Vogue!

AMERICAN EXPRESS RED

Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen is the latest celebrity to champion American Express RED. In a new campaign that debuted last week, she is paired with Kenyan Maasai warrior Keseme Ole Parsapaet. The campaign signifies the power, positivity and hope at the heart of the (RED) movement. The image of Gisele and Keseme communicates the union of consumerism and conscience, demonstrating how something as simple as everyday shopping can now help eliminate AIDS in Africa. The new ads are up in landmark outdoor sites in London and in glossy fashion UK magazines like GQ, Grazia and Eve.

To view this striking image, visit AmericanExpressRED.co.uk where you can also watch interviews with Gisele and Keseme explaining their involvement and download wallpapers for your computer.

If you don't already have an American Express RED card, apply today - there's no annual fee!

Last edited:
Does any of this mean that the Red Motorola phones or the Am Ex card are coming to the USA yet? I'm still waaaaaaitiiing!!! :(

Yes! And my current phone is dying and I need another soon, but i'm determined to wait it out for the Red one. I noticed they sell them on ebay and they say "unlocked" to work anywhere. Does anyone know what this means?? :confused:

You can activate the Red Moto phones in the USA only at Cingular or T-Mobile.

You can check out this info at http://www.joinred.com

Thanks for your interest in buying RED! :love:

Thanks so much Jamila! I checked the link and I guess I'm still alittle confused. It says "If you want to buy the phone and do not live in the U.K., click here and sign up for the waiting list. We will let you know when (PRODUCT) RED phones are available in your area." But then it also says " US Customers, please note: currently only available to Cingular and T-Mobile subscribers."
Soooo... does that mean as long as we sign up with Cingular or T-Mobile we can buy and use them here in the US? If so, why would we need to get on a waiting list? If we really can use them here now, I'll buy mine right away!

bonocomet said:
Yes! And my current phone is dying and I need another soon, but i'm determined to wait it out for the Red one. I noticed they sell them on ebay and they say "unlocked" to work anywhere. Does anyone know what this means?? :confused:

generally an unlocked phone is one that will accept any sim card as opposed to locked phones that only work on a single specific network whether that be in the UK or the US or anywhere.

if a phone is unlocked it shouldn't make a difference where you are as long as the phone itself is built to work around the world by being tri or quad band (different countries operate at different frequencies or something like that)

most phones these days, the Motorla RED included, would definitely operate in the US even if you bought them from the UK and, if the phone is unlocked, theres no reson why you shouldn't be able to buy one from overseas and use it at home in America.

Sorry I couldn't get back to this thread before now, bonocomet.

I'm glad that digsy answered your question. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom