(Red) Auction in NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
does anyone know if Bono is def. going to this?

JC, are you still going?
Btw, I was accepted into Hofstra. And I'm def. going there. So if Bono is really going to be there I'm trying to plan a tour at Hofstra that same day...thats if my mom goes for it. :)

yeah i heard it's filled. are you going to see if you can get a glimpse of him?

one4u2 said:
He is going. My friends coworkers husband is running it and can't get anyone in :scream:

That really stinks!
When I called I was told it was by invitation ONLY.

So, can her husband take any photos, or video for us??????

I had called awhile ago to try to get a invite which was open to the public and they said it was at full capacity.

Even if he doesn't stay at the auction which I think he will since its his baby, I would love to catch him outside going into it. (I've got to get my box of letters to him!!! It's for the children! :scream: )

I'm almost sure I'm going to give it a try.

Adge thats great that you got in!!! Now we're neighbors! :wink:

I found out that the auction will be real time webcasted on Valentine's Day, around 7pm EST (New York)
This is what I was told:

Go to Sothebys. com

On the main page is a list, it'll say
real time webcast
click on that to view.
Wasn't known if the red carpet event is to be aired.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I just read Bono's great and beautiful foreword to the (Red) auction catalogue on the Sotheby's website.

I like some of the artworks, I hope a lot of money comes in through this auction.

:( really?
i was going to schedule a tour date then but idk if i should waste a trip to nyc for this or wait and use it later.....

blm said:
I found out that the auction will be real time webcasted on Valentine's Day, around 7pm EST (New York)
This is what I was told:

Go to Sothebys. com

real time webcast
click on that to view.

Thanks for this info!

blm said:
This is what I was told:

Go to Sothebys. com

real time webcast
click on that to view.

blm, girlfriend! :hug: I have a perfect piece of Bono art and I intend to wait alllllll night if I have to to catch a glimpse of him. I have my camera, and I will be waving that precious pencil piece of him from the Elevation days. I was told it is almost one-to-one perfect by some strangers! I will not miss this oppurtunity! I have so longed to even talk with him briefly...oh God, have mercy on me, and let it happen! :pray:

:wink: :drool: Yes, Yes!! Go For it freefall and anyone else that gets there on Valentines' Day!! What a perfect gift of love That would be!! I will have my fingers crossed for Everyone!! And, please let us know....and show pics!! Thanks!:heart: :bono: Go Get 'Em!!

Freefall said:

blm, girlfriend! :hug: I have a perfect piece of Bono art and I intend to wait alllllll night if I have to to catch a glimpse of him. I have my camera, and I will be waving that precious pencil piece of him from the Elevation days. I was told it is almost one-to-one perfect by some strangers! I will not miss this oppurtunity! I have so longed to even talk with him briefly...oh God, have mercy on me, and let it happen! :pray:

If and if I get to go I will yell out Freefall where are U!...If you do go I wish you much luck and hope you get to get close to Bono!

so youre going freefall?

..i want to know if theres a good possibility of him stopping for a minute or so to talk to the fans

Freefall said:

Freefall - I wish you the best of luck-Do try to get pictures, let us know what you will be wearing so I can pick you out of a crowd, just in case the coverage is better than good.
I keep repeating "there's no place like sotheby's, there's no place like sotheby's", except I don't have the red glitter shoes.....:drool: :faint:

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
so youre going freefall?

..i want to know if theres a good possibility of him stopping for a minute or so to talk to the fans

Nothing short of a nuclear war will stop me...God forbid! JCoster, I'll keep my ears peeled for your lilting tones! I'll be the panic-sticken one with the sketchbook looking for him ardently! :faint: (Yes, yes, I know! I overemote...but he's here...in town now! Oh, my GAWD! eeeeep!)

Back
Top Bottom