Recent U2 in POPMART style!!! - NEW PICT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_LeMon

Refugee
n020817_01.jpg

n020817_02.jpg

Here is the story...

Cheers,

Yeah we've had that on two other threads one here one in EYKIW. It scared the hell out of me! Somebody sent me a link to that pic on msn messenger, imagine the fright! ;) Oh how I hate the Pop look! Nice to see Bono's head covered with hair when he pulled that thing down, oh my heart! :ohmy: I think this pic really surprised a lot of people in different ways. Hopefully it will not return!:no:

Last edited:
pinkfloyd said:
i really hope it will...............

I swear, some of you POP freaks are so hypocritical! You always make such a big deal out of U2 not going backwards and being inventive and not repeating themselves, but if it's Pop you WANT them to repeat themselves? :shrug: :tsk: Sometimes I wonder if some of you are really U2 fans or are only Pop fans.:shame: That's the very last thing they should repeat if they do repeat something. LOL.

Last edited:
Well, let me just say that the Popmart style wasn't my favorite, I prefer both ZooTV and Elevation style. I liked the Popmart stuff, just not as much. So I certainly don't want to see a re-hash of that but I'm not worried about it, I don't think they'll do it simply because since when did they do anything twice??:lol: :laugh: I was confused when I saw Bono wearing that hood. I think it was a joke just to freak us out a bit. He's such a tease........it's funny. I just watched a show about 9/11 so I'm in the mood for something funny. :kiss: :macdevil:

I don't think this has any real significance, no need to get excited or upset about it. I bet Bono just pulled his hood up to keep the back of his neck and his shoulders from getting sunburned and Edge wore the straw hat because the beanie was too sweaty for such a hot day.

Shine * Like* Stars* said:
I don't think this has any real significance, no need to get excited or upset about it. I bet Bono just pulled his hood up to keep the back of his neck and his shoulders from getting sunburned and Edge wore the straw hat because the beanie was too sweaty for such a hot day.

I agree. It's hot as hell all over. It was just to keep the sun off of them. I should know, I'm having to avoid excessive exposure to the sun and heat due to an illness. *no fun*:banghead: :banghead:

No no no no for shame.

:shame: to all of you.
you are missing the most important thing in the picture:

Edge is doing a thumbs-up!! Look how cute the bebecito is!!! :hug: :cute: :hug:

EDGE , Thing !!!!!!!!!!!

GypsyHeartgirl said:

I swear, some of you POP freaks are so hypocritical! You always make such a big deal out of U2 not going backwards and being inventive and not repeating themselves, but if it's Pop you WANT them to repeat themselves? :shrug: :tsk: Sometimes I wonder if some of you are really U2 fans or are only Pop fans.:shame: That's the very last thing they should repeat if they do repeat something. LOL.

oh year ," let's not repeat ourselves" :U2 said after Bono & CO releasing MDH soundtrack , " no more great rock songs , no good hard drums , sounds , what sounds???!! forget about the sounds , mixes , new music , let's do this quickly and for the money , poppy soap songs , and some pretty serious faces and talking about nothing , oh yes how about to make set-list during the tour look like " the best of 1980-1990 " , hell 80's rules :rant: :censored:

Re: No no no no for shame.

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
:shame: to all of you.
you are missing the most important thing in the picture:

Edge is doing a thumbs-up!! Look how cute the bebecito is!!! :hug: :cute: :hug:

Yes, I completely agree!!! And cheers on "bebecito"!
:heart: :edge: :heart:

And as ShineLikeStars said, it is hot and sunny where the boys are and they have to protect themselves. Pale Irish skin + too much sun = not a good thing (have I ever learned that the hard way, now I go nowhere without my SPF 45).

Bono is one lucky man...Ali is gorgeous :love:
Back to topic, Popmart-Bono is cool, the Edge is cool no matter what, even with the handlebar mustache. Can't beat Mr. The Edge.

If they "bring back" anything I'd love to see the JT era western clothes, with long haired Bono and that bare chest *sigh*

Hippyactress, you must really be a hippy, that pin is cool! You and Bono think alike! :)

Last edited:
GypsyHeartgirl said:

I can't talk for every U2 fan, but thinking Pop is a better album than ATYCLB doesn't mean you are only a Pop fan :rolleyes: We all have different tastes. Pop and ATYCLB are both great albums, but I love Pop and everything on it. Does it make me just a Pop fan? :huh:

Re: give it a rest already

daisybean said:
Why does everything relating to POP always turn into a friggin argument!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Hi BONOPOP welcome to the board :)

You're sooo right! We should be able to talk about that album without fighting! Anyway, sometimes fights are good! Well, as long as no one has a gun in their hands :D

What I find the most amusing about that picture is that back in the Pop era Bono usually had gave certain badass look when he wore a hood, and he has the same look in that pic! It's like wearing a hood gives him a whole new persona or something.

Now wouldn't it be funny if Bono decided to bust out MacPhisto for one last whirl? :mac:

WARNING

If this thread turns into a nasty Pop fight, it will be closed. I'd hate to have to do that.

BTW....

I LOVE those pics, especially the ones of Bono and Ali!!!! Awwwwwwwww!!!!!! :cute:

Giant Lemon said:
What I find the most amusing about that picture is that back in the Pop era Bono usually had gave certain badass look when he wore a hood, and he has the same look in that pic! It's like wearing a hood gives him a whole new persona or something.

Exactly. And personally I love that look. :love:

I agree whit ShineLikeStars...they were both getting some protection from the sun, that?s all.

BONOPOP said:

I can't talk for every U2 fan, but thinking Pop is a better album than ATYCLB doesn't mean you are only a Pop fan :rolleyes: We all have different tastes. Pop and ATYCLB are both great albums, but I love Pop and everything on it. Does it make me just a Pop fan? :huh:

:yes: I couldn't have said it better myself.

We all have different tastes, and that's great. It makes the world more colorful. Why do we need to fight about it? I am reminded of something Bono said before performing "Please" during Popmart...

"Stop fighting...Please...Let's talk."

I know I'd be pretty scared (and probably bored too) if everybody was exactly like me!

Please, Love, and :hug:

Back
Top Bottom