Reason #(OK, I've Lost Count)Why I Love Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Condensed from The Indianapolis Star:

Paths not taken

Pop musicians ponder "what if" they had not pursued stardom.
By David Lindquist
January 06, 2002

There's plenty to envy in the life of a popular musician.

From the fame to the wealth to the chance to realize artistic dreams, it's
good work if you can get it.

Across a series of interviews with The Indianapolis Star in 2001, singers
and guitarists and a rapper talked about what their lives might be like
without music.

The question: What's an alternative occupation you could tolerate or even
enjoy?

In response, the all-star panel reached back to childhood fantasies,
focused on the practical or testified that there is no life without music.

Not surprisingly, the Edge -- the most commercially and artistically
successful musician represented here -- can't picture himself as being anything
other than U2's guitarist.

"I've got my family and I've got the band, and that's really where I want to
put my energy," he says.

The past year was another triumph for the Edge, Bono, Larry Mullen Jr.
and Adam Clayton, who toured the United States in support of 2000 album
All That You Can't Leave Behind.

OTHERWISE UNEMPLOYABLE
"At this point, I think we're pretty unemployable for anything other than
being in a band," says the Edge, born Dave Evans in 1961. "Be we are a
great band. We probably realized that halfway through making the last record.
That's where we are, and that's what we'll always rely on."

And U2, which formed in 1978 in Ireland, has exceeded even the Edge's
expectations for longevity.

"As it happens, we're just one of the luckiest bands around. We're still
going, and it's still working out for us. While that's happening, I'm very happy
to stick with this. I'll be very sorry when it's over.

"In the end, we're absolutely determined not to embarrass our fans by
becoming complacent or expecting applause for turning up. That's our own
self-respect. Anything less than that, I don't think we could hack it at all."

AW!!
icon35.gif

Since here is an Edge topic, and I dont want to start a new topic, there was this kid in my class today that was wearing an Edge beanie and I was gonna lean over to him and say, "HEY! Your the EDGE!"...

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

You all know how I feel about the Edge (and yeayy for the last part about the fans) but he STILL should have played along and said what he would have wanted to do. OBVIOUSLY he can't picture himself doing anything else, but he MUST be able to guess at SOMETHING! He has an imagination.

He's just like Steve. Whenever I want to play "what would you do if" he says "but its/I'm not!" He won't play 20 questions or guessing games. Very annoying! LOL!
biggrin.gif

lol Jess!
Awww, I love the fact that he still loves what he's doing, along w/ the rest of U2. And they're still humble about it. I lave joo Edge...

AWWW!!!! great! article!!! i love that man!

Originally posted by DML:
Since here is an Edge topic, and I dont want to start a new topic, there was this kid in my class today that was wearing an Edge beanie and I was gonna lean over to him and say, "HEY! Your the EDGE!"...

LMAO!

Tuesday:

*Julie pumps gas into her car*

*turns*

!!!

{at the next station over is a man w/ an Edge beanie and goatee!}

i got all embarassed cuz he saw me staring at him. lol.

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

OMG. my brother has a black beanie. everytime he wears it, i pretend he's in the band. i'm always asking him "hey edge, how's the boys? how's bono? how's the weather on killeny beach?" and etc. until he yells at me.
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

LOL!! My roommate saw this cover band play at The House of Blues the other night and she was tickled pink because the guitarist apparently beared more than a passing resemblance to the Edge (she's in love with the Edge by the way. So cute
smile.gif
). The resemblance, she says, was exaggerated by the fact that the guy was wearing a beanie. Except she didn't call it a beanie...she called it a...a...a...(oh God, I can't say it) a...CONDOM CAP!!! Aaaaack!! *covers face and runs away in shame*

But think how funny it would be if the boys got a hold of this (hey, it could happen...)

Bono: Hey, Trojan man. So is tonight's cap flavored or just ribbed for her pleasure?

Edge: Shut up! I told you, Bono: it's a beanie not a "condom-cap."

Bono: Whatever, rubber boy.

And thus was my pathetic attempt at scriptwriting. Sorry for continuing the hijacking of this thread. Now back to your normally scheduled programming.

LOL!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!

that's the funniest thing in the world!!!! lol!!!!!

poor Edgie~Pie!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*still rolling*

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

*gives Edge a big huge bear hug just cos he's so sweet*

I've thought about that a few times...like, when do they come to the realization that 'uh oh...now we HAVE TO stay in the band because to do anything else might be impossible.'

I also wonder if that's what some of those 'has been' bands think when they tour around 20-30 years later...like, 'this is all we know how to do at this point, so we have to do it till we die' or something....

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Bono: Hey, Trojan man. So is tonight's cap flavored or just ribbed for her pleasure?

And thus was my pathetic attempt at scriptwriting. Sorry for continuing the hijacking of this thread. Now back to your normally scheduled programming.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

hehe...and it's not like Edge couldn't tease Bono about things too...
biggrin.gif

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

lol! that's true!

------------------
~Julie*

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
LOL!! My roommate saw this cover band play at The House of Blues the other night and she was tickled pink because the guitarist apparently beared more than a passing resemblance to the Edge (she's in love with the Edge by the way. So cute
smile.gif
). The resemblance, she says, was exaggerated by the fact that the guy was wearing a beanie. Except she didn't call it a beanie...she called it a...a...a...(oh God, I can't say it) a...CONDOM CAP!!! Aaaaack!! *covers face and runs away in shame*

But think how funny it would be if the boys got a hold of this (hey, it could happen...)

LMAO ... if someone ever called it a Condom Cap, Edge would go off in a corner and bllluuuusssshhhh!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
LOL!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!

that's the funniest thing in the world!!!! lol!!!!!

poor Edgie~Pie!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*still rolling*

I'm so glad you guys found this so amusing!
biggrin.gif
I, for one, was a bit taken aback when my sweet, innocent Edge-adoring roommate aluded to the idea that her beloved wears a prophylactic on his head, but to each her own, I guess.
icon39.gif

Back
Top Bottom