Rattle and Hum Sweaty Bono: Icky! or Yippee!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I've been called out, and have brought the smackdown to PLEBA ...

So am I the only one who thinks "ew!" when I watch Rattle and Hum's version of "Bad"?

- stringy, sweaty hair
- sweaty, sweaty Bono
- goofy pants with the high waist
- suspenders without shirt

Now normally, I don't mind sweaty or shirtless, but the combination of all those things makes me run the other way.

Am I all alone in the Ew! corner here?

... as a disclaimer, I did think he was incredibly hot at the time. But now that I've lived through the other incarnations of Bono, I'll take those over Sweaty-Shirtless-Stringyhaired Bono.

Last edited:
not a fan of the jt/rattle and hum look. music yes. look no. as you can see by my hot and sexy avatar, the Edge is to :drool: for. but not back then. neither was Bono.

I forgot to ad this....Bono's pant and suspenders and Edge's hat is the reason why I wasn't a fan back in the day, I was 13 and I thought they looked too goofy to even bother to listen to them. What a fool I was:mad: but even now I still think they both looked goofy back then.

Rattle and Hum Bono is my favorite and sweaty only means sexier! :sick: I love the long, sweaty hair, the sweaty face, the *SIGH* *SWOON* SWEATY BARE CHEST!! :drool: :combust: That was the best his body ever looked, oh his arms, his chest, his abs! :combust: Makes me hot just thinking of it. Anybody got pics?

corianderstem said:

So am I the only one who thinks "ew!" when I watch Rattle and Hum's version of "Bad"?

- stringy, sweaty hair
- sweaty, sweaty Bono
- goofy pants with the high waist
- suspenders without shirt

Now normally, I don't mind sweaty or shirtless, but the combination of all those things makes me run the other way.

I don't like it either! Now, there are parts of R & H that do indeed make me tingle in all the right places :mac: :combust: but our Bono during Bad ain't one of 'em! The suspendies rubbing up against the nipples makes me......itch, and not in a good way! Bring on the JT Bono, :drool: just not that particular song!!

:uhoh: Oh man, I hope this stays friendly!!

Yippee! :yes:

YUMMY! :drool:

eyeshine.jpg

(((RATTLE AND HUM BONO)))) :hug:

Rattle and Hum sweaty Bono is the epitome of sexiness. He is the hottest thing ever. I was going to post a lot of pics, but now I won't bother. Look, if you don't want to see him, don't look, but don't go 'oh my eyes.' I mean I could do that with some hideously ugly pics of sweaty Pop Bono looking like a plucked boiled turkey and post pukey faces but people would have a cow. You know, I think the ugliest pic of him ever is the one of him in the wife beater teeshirt leaning back with a scruffy face. He looks filthy, stinky, gross, and repulsive. Looks like he hasn't showered in weeks. He looks like some trashy hick who's just beaten his wife, kicked his dog, smooshed a beer can with his hands, and spit tobacco juice all over the floor. When I look at that pic I find it hard to believe it's the same beautiful creature from the "One" video. It's like he'd been vandalized! I literally have to avert my eyes.

Well, like I said on the other thread, there are girls here who would tear us both up for saying Bono EVER looked 'icky' so I'll just stop. But we do have to respect each other's opinons. Looking 'icky' threads really aren't very nice.

I love the Bad look.

I really think it is sexy. :drool:

But anyway.

*wonders why that thread isn't closed already*

Desire4Bono said:
Well, like I said on the other thread, there are girls here who would tear us both up for saying Bono EVER looked 'icky' so I'll just stop. But we do have to respect each other's opinons. Looking 'icky' threads really aren't very nice.

The thread was meant in good fun, and I'm sorry if anyone was put out by my use of the word "icky." And the "my eyes my eyes" was supposed to be a joke, but I'll be the first to admit my sense of humor runs on the odd side of the tracks.

To sum up in language that contains no off-putting words: It was interesting to me to see how my opinion on what's attractive to me has changed as I've grown older.

In the interest of placating the lovers of long-haired Bono, I will admit that I think Bono looks mighty fine in "Desire" from R&H.

Mmmm, black and white Bono.... :drool:

Desire4Bono said:
Rattle and Hum sweaty Bono is the epitome of sexiness. He is the hottest thing ever. I was going to post a lot of pics, but now I won't bother. Look, if you don't want to see him, don't look, but don't go 'oh my eyes.' I mean I could do that with some hideously ugly pics of sweaty Pop Bono looking like a plucked boiled turkey and post pukey faces but people would have a cow. You know, I think the ugliest pic of him ever is the one of him in the wife beater teeshirt leaning back with a scruffy face. He looks filthy, stinky, gross, and repulsive. Looks like he hasn't showered in weeks. He looks like some trashy hick who's just beaten his wife, kicked his dog, smooshed a beer can with his hands, and spit tobacco juice all over the floor. When I look at that pic I find it hard to believe it's the same beautiful creature from the "One" video. It's like he'd been vandalized! I literally have to avert my eyes.

So much for friendliness.

:shrug: Oh well, we tried to have fun.

Desire4Bono said:
You know, I think the ugliest pic of him ever is the one of him in the wife beater teeshirt leaning back with a scruffy face. He looks filthy, stinky, gross, and repulsive. Looks like he hasn't showered in weeks. He looks like some trashy hick who's just beaten his wife, kicked his dog, smooshed a beer can with his hands, and spit tobacco juice all over the floor.

I'm torn between feeling immense curiosity at seeing this picture and wanting to run screaming from it. :huh:

corianderstem said:
I will admit that I think Bono looks mighty fine in "Desire" from R&H.

Oh, yeah, you got that right!

Add a "yippee" for me for the way Bono looked during "Bad" from R&H. Sweepie and Spanish Eyes, I totally agree with both of you.

And the pictures...:drool:...:combust:...

JT/R&H era Bono is my favorite...like Sweepie said-the whole look, his body, everything-just perfection (not to say he didn't look good in the other eras, too, he certainly did, and still looks great now).

Cori, my sister would agree with you on the "ew" part-she says that whenever the "Bad" performance from that movie comes on.

Course, she doesn't think Bono's good-looking, period, so...

Angela

Last edited:
Okay Cori :)

I'd rather not post the pic in question, of someone drooled over it I swear I'd barf on my keyboard and I'm at work. Best not to bring it up and get into negative things. I really don't want a fight, even in a joking way. Let's just look at the pics we do like and leave it at that. :)

Barfing on your keyboard is never a good thing. I understand your restraint. I'll go mosey over and look at the new, bearded Bono instead.

:wink:

Personally, I prefer both ZooTV Bono and Elevation Bono over JT/R&H Bono. JT/R&H Bono is cool, but nothing like ZooTV or Elevation Bono to me. :drool: :evil: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom