"Rare" Achtung-era photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One Tree Still

Acrobat
Last night I was going through some boxes and found an AB guitar songbook that I had not seen for a long time (whoo hoo).

Anyway, I'm flipping through it and it has some awesome pics in it.

I've done my fair share of U2 photo research on the web over the years (for my cd packaging and stuff) and I have to say, there were at least 5 photos in this book that I have never seen anywhere. Very cool.

I didn't have time to scan, but will soon and post them here.

There were a couple that stand out - maybe some of you have seen them or even have them - if you do, let me know and I won't bother posting them - they are of the band sitting outside at a little coffee bar drinking cokes. Looks like they were taken when during the AB cd art photo shoots - do those ring a bell with anyone?

Post 'em if you have 'em and I'll let you know if they are the same ones I have.

thanks!

:yes:

Last edited:
Thank you very much for doing this and going to so much trouble! I'm sure many of you haven't seen them, but I have. The two in the middle are actually quite common from what I've seen. The second one is very common in some form- some shots are color or closer up. The ones at the table are harder to find. Sigh, I just have so many pics, (2,444 to be exact) is there any older pic I haven't seen? I would love to discover some!

Me too! Hey Bonochick, I made an avatar out of the pic you sent me, thanks! I had a hard time, hope I didn't goof up too much! I love my pic! Bono sure is looking hot these days! :)

U2Kitten said:
Me too! Hey Bonochick, I made an avatar out of the pic you sent me, thanks! I had a hard time, hope I didn't goof up too much! I love my pic! Bono sure is looking hot these days! :)

I love it!

Yeah, the second one is common - in other forms. You see the one of them sitting on the mosiac taken from above a lot. I think it's even in the AB booklet.

The cafe shots are pretty obscure though. I like the shot of Larry talking to everyone. He looks like he's kind of pissed and making a point.

U2Kitten said:
I love my pic! Bono sure is looking hot these days! :)

I adore your avatar, it's from an interview from U2.com right? I drooled the whole interview ... and I completely agree that Bono is fecking hot these days... :drool:

Melpop said:

I adore your avatar, it's from an interview from U2.com right? I drooled the whole interview ... and I completely agree that Bono is fecking hot these days... :drool:

Thanks! Yes it is, it's from the Agenda show in Ireland with Professor Sachs that's on U2.com! Bonochick made it from an animated gif she made of the interview, have you seen it, it's hot too! I drooled through the whole interview too, and I wanted pics! His hair is perfect, his face looks great, and his unbuttoned black shirt, SIGH!! He is looking very hot these days, but I know you already know that for sure! ;)

One Tree Still said:
Yeah, the second one is common - in other forms. You see the one of them sitting on the mosiac taken from above a lot. I think it's even in the AB booklet.

The cafe shots are pretty obscure though. I like the shot of Larry talking to everyone. He looks like he's kind of pissed and making a point.

you mean this one:

Attachments

• band2.jpg
    band2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
flaming june said:
Hey Larrysgirl! I love that pic of pissed Larry.:drool:

Hey Miss Flaming June!!

I do too! even pissed off he looks damm sexy!

BTW. loove your "three cords" thread..i'm probably gonna be here all day posting responses to that one:D

Back
Top Bottom