Random Stuff... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was just checking out the Bonocam easter egg things on the Elevation DVD (cos, you know, I thought I might make some stills from them...)
The whole BonoCam thing, and the sound being different... it's like you're in Bono's head, hearing yourself sing.
It kinda freaks me out.
That is all.
*invites others to share in their randomness*

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

I was just going to post the same thing awhile ago..........my theory is the audio for the easter eggs is the music patched into Bono's earpiece. Does that make sense to anyone else? Beautiful Day-easter egg, you can hear piano chords and a little bit of Edge(no Adam or Larry really)
UTEOTW-you hear all the guys on that one, so I guess I only notice it on B.Day.......

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I was just going to post the same thing awhile ago..........my theory is the audio for the easter eggs is the music patched into Bono's earpiece. Does that make sense to anyone else? Beautiful Day-easter egg, you can hear piano chords and a little bit of Edge(no Adam or Larry really)
UTEOTW-you hear all the guys on that one, so I guess I only notice it on B.Day.......

Sounds logic to me.
I have one ear piece recording and that sounds exactly like you described. But for me it feels like Bono is sitting next to me live, singing along to a prerecorded tape or something. You can't here Adam at all, just low, low Larry and some Edge.

Want to runaway and by the DVD and a DVD player. Maybe I should do that now when there is no tour to spend my money on.
wink.gif

You girls are bad.... you make me do things when I should be doing other things. But now I'm curious and I'm going to have to go look at it again..... I'll be back to tell you what I think!!!

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

Like I said, I only hear it on Beautiful Day. My mom asked "Why does it sound so weird?" I said "Mom, it's not weird, it's cool, it's what Bono hears during the song." I haven't watched that in awhile, so maybe I should. UTEOTW sounds just like the concert(if I remember correctly).
I wish there were more easter eggs on this DVD....
Daisy Bean, email me if you need directions on how I got my DVD player to open the easter eggs.............(maybe it will help you too)

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

this is a randomness thread right?

i'm going to put on my pajamas now. just wanted to let you all know.

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Why elizabeth, I'm about to do the very same thing.
smile.gif

My random thought: I'm still nuts about Seinfeld!

George: "I gotta get out of this city."

Jerry: "So you're tunneling to the middle of the earth?" "Godspeed Aqua Boy!"

And one of my fave mantras: "Retail is for suckers."
wink.gif

Originally posted by elizabeth:
this is a randomness thread right?

i'm going to put on my pajamas now. just wanted to let you all know.

*blissssss*

PJs are da bomb......

Randomness.... ehm. my favorite movie is The Princess Bride. I can quote it word for word. My friends won't watch it with me because of this bizarre fact.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Why elizabeth, I'm about to do the very same thing.
smile.gif

My random thought: I'm still nuts about Seinfeld!

George: "I gotta get out of this city."

Jerry: "So you're tunneling to the middle of the earth?" "Godspeed Aqua Boy!"

And one of my fave mantras: "Retail is for suckers."
wink.gif

Randomness: I was watching "My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star" on WB and the lead singer was trying to get his demo tape played so he called the local radio station and pretended to be Bono calling from Belfast (dunno why not Dublin) recommending this new band (the out of work singer's.) When the singer had to get off the phone quickly he said "I have to go, someone just blew up my car." I guess that's why it paid to have 'im in Belfast.

Anywho, c'est tout.

Originally posted by Kristie:

*invites others to share in their randomness*

*moves hands in Mr. Burns manner*
Excellent.

Welllll........I was watching Jeopardy today and it said "fill out a form online and you too can be on Jeopardy." I got excited.

I don't think I'm a nerd for posting 1000 times. I like posting and that's that. Sorry if it's bothersome.

I find it hard to deal with Lemonite in FYM. It reminds me why I love PLEBA so much.

When I made my U2 cookies I actually had a hard time eating the fellas. I dunno why....it took me forever to finally eat Adam. He was delicious.

I considered going to a college whose mascot was the "cobber" on account of the corn.

My cat's legal name is Cat. We get postcards for him sometimes and it's funny.

When I grow up I hope that I will have lots of money so people can call my randomness 'eccentric.' The only way to be eccentric is to be rich.

May 9 is National Orgasm Day (yea, not what I mentioned before...sorry for the misleading info guys). I thought you might want to know.

I'm addicted to using ellipses....that's these....I love 'em....

I'm really addicted to Kristie's random threads and I KNOW I'll be back.....heh "I'll be back"

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
Randomness.... ehm. my favorite movie is The Princess Bride. I can quote it word for word. My friends won't watch it with me because of this bizarre fact.

Moonie...sistah, come over here and watch it with me...we'll reenact the entire movie ourselves since I, too, can quote the entire thing!
biggrin.gif

More randomness...

I'm going to change the world somehow, someway.

I truly believe that love can save us all.

I have too much work to do.

I don't really want to go back to school. I've thought many times about dropping out.

Those thoughts are really depressing.

Some happy randomness:
smile.gif

"Barefoot in the Park" is a frickin HILARRYOUS movie!

I have made some GREAT friends here! And I'm so thankful for all of them. They are the only people keeping me sane at this point!
smile.gif

I'm a freak for 80s music and I love to walk around singing "Everybody have fun tonight! Everybody Wang Chung tonight!"
smile.gif

Yay randomness!

------------------
When you've seen beyond yourself
then you may find peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you.

"You say 'erbs' and we say 'herbs' because there's a fucking 'h' in it!"

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 03-14-2002).]

I've ALWAYS got randomness to share.
I ate my last piece of AdamCake today. Yum!
Um... I have lotsa stills to post. I have made about 210 from the Elevation DVD right now, and I've still got the whole second disc to go through.
And PopMart. Not that I post them all, I sort of do a "best of," maybe one fourth of them, cos I don't want to get redundant so people stop looking.. as in, I probably won't post the one of Adam's fingernails. Or maybe I might, now that I've mentioned it.
ANYWAY, I need to get on it cos I can't make stills at school and I've only got two more days. Busy busy busy.
/rant... for now

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

More randomnacity.....

Sometimes I prove to myself that I'm more of a smart ass than I ever could have thought.

I'm trying to wreck my car so we can get me a new one before I go to college.

I like the radio now. They're playing Desire now.

I can't believe Lemonite sometimes. He calls me a youngin then acts like a 2 year old.

My new favorite phrase is: "I'm freakin out here! I'm havin an old fashioned freak out!"

I cashed my entire paycheck today and plan to spend ALL of it.

Today when I was alone walking at school I sort of tripped and when I looked up there was a group of freshmen out of nowhere that saw me and laughed. So I tried to do it again and pretend it was on purpose, but then I ended up smashing into the wall.

Today when I was walking up my driveway from my mailbox I heard a noise that sounded like a goose. I thought "huh, my shoe makes noise now. Unless a goose is following me..." and I turned around slowly and there was a goose. It was waddling behind me and making goose noises. I laughed hard, then I fell on the ice. Yea, I need walking lessons.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

since this is the randomnicity thread, I'm gonna take it and run..
wink.gif

A favorite quote from Princess Bride (for you, hippy!
biggrin.gif
) because I have more than one.... and this is so hard, because there are so many.

To the death!

No, to the pain.

I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase.

I'll explain and I'll use small words that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog-faced baffoon.

That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me.

It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you lose will be your feet below your ankles. Then your hands at your wrists, next your nose.

Then my tongue I suppose. I killed you too quickly the last time, a mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight!

I wasn't finished. The next thing you'll lose will be your left eye, followed by your right.

Then my ears, I understand, let's get on with it!

WRONG! Your ears you keep, and I'll tell you why. [this is where it's the BEST MOVIE!] So that every shreak of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, 'Dear GOD, what is that thing' will echo in your perfect ears. That is what 'to the pain' means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

I think you're bluffing.

It's possible, pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable vomitous mass. I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. Then again, perhaps I have the strength after all. Drop. Your. Sword.

YAY! The Princess Bride rules. For those of you who have never seen this movie, go out and at least rent it. It's freakin' awesome. And, might I add... Cary Elwes is a mighty bit tasty in this movie.
biggrin.gif

Hmmm.... other randomness....

* Had a student tell me yesterday that her friend said that I never match and that I dress like an old lady. I was wearing a pair of black pants, a green top and my black Doc Martens.
confused.gif

*The same student told me I looked older than another teacher who is younger than me. Interesting, that, when I've had adults tell me I don't look my age. heh.

*I am so far behind grading tests.... and I don't care.

*Many of my students don't know what the Holocast or The Great Depression were.

*I'm seriously considering buying a drumkit. Disco has seen the inside of my apartment - where the hell am I going to put it????

End of randomness thoughts. For now.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by moon_is_playing_tricks (edited 03-15-2002).]

'Dear GOD, what is that thing'

that's the best line. Right there.

Shortly after it comes "Let me 'splain.. no, it is too much, let me sum up."

------------------
~ALOTWU!~

Too much familiar ramdomnacity with Lilly...like these!

I'm addicted to using ellipses....that's these....I love 'em....

heh "I'll be back"

I use ellipses a LOT...prolly cos my thoughts just drift along...kind of randomly...heh...

and I say "I'll be back" ALL the time!! (like Ah-nold)

May 9 is National Orgasm Day

I find it veeeerrrrrry suspicious that National Orgasm Day is the very day BEFORE BONO'S BIRTHDAY. You know...he of the elevated pelvical region and all.
wink.gif
I think there's a caper afoot.

I call everybody a bonehead. Espcially while driving....cos everybody driving around in Dallas pretty much IS a bonehead.

I was going to the St. Paddy's parade tomorrow morning, but have decided to sleep in...I'm pooped (sorry Abel and Lylas! Maybe see you guys later on this weekend)

I LOVE Mullen Girl's stories. I just thought I'd say that. She's a nut. And she needs to come back to Dallas!
smile.gif

Same as it ever was...same as it ever...was...time to don my PJs again...

Originally posted by Kristie:
that's the best line. Right there.

Shortly after it comes "Let me 'splain.. no, it is too much, let me sum up."

...."Buttercup will marry Humperdink in little less than half an hour."
biggrin.gif

Say that with that Spanish accent and you got it made.

"Why don't you give me a nice papercup and pour lemon juice on it?"

EEEK. I need to stop.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

hmmm, random thoughts

I have been on PLEBA almost all day

I have posted almost 100 times in one week

I compulsively buy underwear and have over 50 pairs right now

I hate talking on the phone

The word "moobs" makes me laugh

The words "moob loob" makes me laugh harder

I can recite every episode of I Love Lucy word for word

I love Pete Puma cartoons

My car is REALLY dirty

posting in EYKIW makes me nervous like the first day at a new school

I look at naked Adam on the AB cover every day

I'm sure there are plenty more random thoughts swirling around my brain but I don't want to hog up this thread so I'll stop for now
biggrin.gif

"Anybody want a peanut?"
wink.gif

I'm trying to figure out if I'm in love or not.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to go back to Miami. I've been thinking about community college for awhile.

My brother tells me he hates me almost everyday and it makes me feel worthless.

My other brother tells me he loves me all the time and that makes up for it.

It's really strange that when someone suggests cutting my hair I kind of get jumpy and on the defensive. It's kind of a symbol of myself and I don't want to let go.

I curse being an English major sometimes because I never have enough time to read the books I want to read.

I was supposed to write all my papers over Spring Break and I haven't started any of them yet.

I wish I was a rock star.

I wish I could write like Bono writes.

I'm in my PJs too!
wink.gif

Harold and Maude is my favorite movie right now and I can't find it anywhere!

I should be reading L'Ingenu right now, but I'm posting here instead
smile.gif

After I post this I'm probably going to go reread Anne of Green Gables or the Chronicles of Narnia.

I can't stop posting the randomness running through my head!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

Seagull, I don't want your wings, I don't want your freedom in a lie.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Some random thoughts

I need to clear off the empty soda cans on my desk.

There is noone in chat

I've had the line "You've got the right shoes to get you through the night" running through my head all day.

I can sleep in tommorrow

I've cut down to half a pack of cigs a day (yeah me)

my cat is bouncing off the walls right now

there, I think that about sums it up

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

"No more rhymes now, I mean it!"
wink.gif

More Moonie Randomness Thoughts:

I wish I had a calico cat.

I have a turtle that I wish I could give a bigger home. His home has been made bigger, but now that it's bigger, I want to give him an even bigger home.

I collect frogs.

I saw a store today that had TONS of frilly shirts and romantic-looking skirts and stuff. I had the boyfriend along with me, and God help us all.... he doesn't like to go in stores like that. It's bad enough when I need to go buy bras.

I'm addicted to underwear, too. I buy Victoria's Secret and the running joke is that's the only stuff they carry that fits me.

I collect socks. I have a pair of Bono socks - they're black and white and look like Bono's checkered pants.

I took a picture of my Bono socks, feet included.

I love 80's music.

I've been listening to the WAR album for the past three weeks in my truck. Over and over and over and over.

I am now proficient in Steering Wheel Drumming. I need to find three other people interested in forming a Alternative Band. Proficient Steering Wheel playing is a must. Accordion players will also be considered.

My favorite cartoon as a child was Inspector Gadget. Oh, and Scooby Doo.

I own too many pairs of shoes. And all I wear are my Doc Martens.

Modnar is "random" spelled backwards. My "Backwards" name is Anad. It sounds very exotic.

The Princess Bride is a great source for Randomness Quotes:

"I suppose you think you're brave, Highness."

"Only compared to some." -YES! You tell 'em, Buttercup! You rock! yes! Wooo Hoooo!

Moonie
biggrin.gif

well MY favorite movie is Barbarella, Queen of the Galaxy. You can find Barbarella plastered on one page at my site.

next--- people here in pleba are awesome!!!

umm....once i chipped a tooth biting the metal twist off cap from a beer bottle. I was sort of by myself when i did it. I still don't know why i did it. I was trying to see if i could. I don't even like beer.

Also, i have to pictures of animals cut out from magazines hanging on my refridgerator. One is a monk seal. He looks like a monk! one is a chimp with a "hello my name is..." sticker on. I wrote "Dubya" in the blank space. ha!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Originally posted by hippyactress:

"Everybody Wang Chung tonight!"
smile.gif

80's are the best.

If you want to leave school, hippy, do it.

I'm serious.

Don't make yourself suffer!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

I am now proficient in Steering Wheel Drumming. I need to find three other people interested in forming a Alternative Band. Proficient Steering Wheel playing is a must. Accordion players will also be considered.
Moonie
biggrin.gif

i can sing the bass line for every U2 song!!
i try to play on the steering wheel, i really do. but it's tough....

------------------
***ALOTWU***

My sister and I used to work with a man named Roy Wang and everytime he came in the office we would sing "everybody Wang Chung tonight"

I just knew hippy had long hair

I also play steering wheel drooms (I will join your band Moonie)

I have been listening to AB in my car for 2 weeks

I play the first 40 seconds of Elevation over and over again just to listen to Adam's bass intro

I want to play the bass

I have way too many shoes

I hate getting tuna juice on my hands

I spun my car on the freeway last month and I haven't been able to get back on it since

I spend too much time on the internet and its causing my butt to spread

I like to run into my kitchen in my socks and slide across the floor

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 03-15-2002).]

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
My sister and I used to work with a man named Roy Wang and everytime he came in the office we would sing "everybody Wang Chung tonight"

I just knew hippy had long hair

EVERYBODY WANG CHUNG TONIGHT!
wink.gif

But of course I have long hair
biggrin.gif

*sings*
"Gimme a head with hair! Long beautiful hair! Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen!"

I too am proficent in Steering Wheel Drooming...however, I'm much MORE proficient in making an ass of myself singing and seat dancing! So can I do that? I can sing purtey!
biggrin.gif

More randomness:

As soon as I get the money I'm getting two tattoos: One will be the heart suitcase, but with a peace sign instead of the heart...the other is going to say All You Need Is Love

I'm currently drinking white grape juice but pretending it's a cocktail and I'm someone important

I cried when I finished The Great Gatsby last night

I love good old-fashioned musicals!

I don't know how in the world I'm going to be educated enough to teach in two years

Groovy is my new favorite word

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

Seagull, I don't want your wings, I don't want your freedom in a lie.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom