Random Stuff... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I work with someone named Patrick Wang... I'll have to do that on Monday.

Mr. Wang says it's ironic that I teach English and I don't know how to spell a simple word like "Rocks" on my personalized license plate. It's a running joke.

He drives to school now in a a Banana yellow Ford Mustang with a personalized license plate that says "RAECER X". I photocopied the definition and spelling of the word 'racer' out of the dictionary and handed it to him, in all its highlighted, blown-up glory.

I, too like to slide around in my socks. I'm just afraid one day I'll topple over.

I still have my old dolls and stuffed animals from my childhood. I'm 28.

I'm looking at one of the dolls my parents gave me after they took a trip to New Orleans. It's yellow. She doesn't have any underwear on. I've been peeking to see if maybe it will appear ever since I was eight years old and got the doll. I kid you not. I peeked under her dress last week. Call it an old habit.

My favorite color used to be yellow. Now it makes me look like I have jaundice. My favorite color is green.

I have hazel eyes with green flecks in them. I would defend myself every St. Paddy's Day when the kids started pinching, screaming, "I WEAR GREEN EVERY DAY!"

I own way too many watches, and yet I wear the same one day in, day out.

Flannel sheets are the bomb.

I can't sing all the words to the song "It's the End of the World as We Know It" without a lyric sheet or the song playing. I sing "la la" when I don't know what Michael Stipe is saying.

I've been staring at the same Hershey's Chocolate Kiss for the past two years. I'm wondering if Hershey's chocolate ages like wine??

I electrocuted myself once as a teenager while plugging in something under my bed and thought I was going to die. What a way to go. Being found dead under my bed, amongst the dust bunnies and the misplaced socks.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by hippyactress:
EVERYBODY WANG CHUNG TONIGHT!
wink.gif

But of course I have long hair
biggrin.gif

*sings*
"Gimme a head with hair! Long beautiful hair! Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen!"

I too am proficent in Steering Wheel Drooming...however, I'm much MORE proficient in making an ass of myself singing and seat dancing! So can I do that? I can sing purtey!
biggrin.gif

More randomness:

As soon as I get the money I'm getting two tattoos: One will be the heart suitcase, but with a peace sign instead of the heart...the other is going to say All You Need Is Love

I'm currently drinking white grape juice but pretending it's a cocktail and I'm someone important

I cried when I finished The Great Gatsby last night

I love good old-fashioned musicals!

I don't know how in the world I'm going to be educated enough to teach in two years

Groovy is my new favorite word

hippy, I think we are truly PLEBA sisters!

I LOOOOOVE to sing and seat dance in my car but I do both very badly

I have wanted to get a suitcase heart tatoo for while but I'm chicken so I wear my suitcase heart pendant instead

my new ringer on my cell phone, since last night is ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!!!

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
I work with someone named Patrick Wang... I'll have to do that on Monday.

I electrocuted myself once as a teenager while plugging in something under my bed and thought I was going to die. What a way to go. Being found dead under my bed, amongst the dust bunnies and the misplaced socks.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

heehee, people named Wang really like it when you sing that to them
biggrin.gif

I fell down my stairs carrying my vacume a few years ago...my stepson was standing at the bottom where I landed in a pile...I thought I was gonna die too

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
hippy, I think we are truly PLEBA sisters!

I LOOOOOVE to sing and seat dance in my car but I do both very badly

I have wanted to get a suitcase heart tatoo for while but I'm chicken so I wear my suitcase heart pendant instead

my new ringer on my cell phone, since last night is ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!!!

AHHHHH!!! How groovy! I haven't actually gotten the tattoos yet because I haven't had the money...but once about $200 appears in my pocket I'm all about it!

More randomness:

Not to harp on Gatsby...but Fitzgerald is one of the greatest authors ever, imho. His characters are some of the most intriguing, tragic people and they fascinate me...I've read Gatsby at least 5 times and each time I find something new to love. The same goes for all his other books.

I've been waiting to talk to this one person for two weeks now. I think I should give up on it.

This has to be my favorite sentence of Voltaire's: "Elle m'aimerait encore si elle n'avait pas ete mange par un ours." (She would still love me if she hadn't been eaten by a bear.)
biggrin.gif

My uncle just told me about something he's working on called the "SmartEdge" and I about died!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

Seagull, I don't want your wings, I don't want your freedom in a lie.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by hippyactress:

Not to harp on Gatsby...but Fitzgerald is one of the greatest authors ever, imho. His characters are some of the most intriguing, tragic people and they fascinate me...I've read Gatsby at least 5 times and each time I find something new to love. The same goes for all his other books.

Fitzgerald is one of my favorites! I've read all of his stuff.. Gatsby and Tender Is the Night are my favorites! Last week I suggested to my sister that she read Gatsby and she loved it!!

------------------
Lightning flashes across the sky
East to west, do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candlelight.

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 03-15-2002).]

I woke up to Domino this morning.

I've been thinking of buying a Van Morrison album.

My cd burner stopped working.

I'm very tired.

My family has 'Let it Snow' plates out in March.

It is going to snow here tonight in March.

I'm going to a No Doubt concert in 5 days. Mostly to relive a U2 concert.

I miss Elevation.

I.... should sleep.

I like randomness.

I also want a U2 tattoo. A heart suitcase on my shoulder I think.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 03-15-2002).]

Some more random thoughts:

I forgot to close my bag of cheesy puffs and now they are stale
icon9.gif

Thanks to Kristie's Rampage I got to thinking about Adam's little smile and nod during Kite mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
icon35.gif

I just sneezed

Now I am going to go buy shoooooooooooooooes and office supplies

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

Originally posted by Bbug:
weird, man...

i have both the dvd and the vhs, my dvd player is on my computer tho. ....i usually watch the vhs cause i'm lazy and it's easier
redface.gif

weird, man. . .!
(don't kill me)

um, ya

!

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks Coach P]

[This message has been edited by U2002revolution! (edited 03-16-2002).]

i love this 'lil guy:
icon27.gif

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks Coach P]

More random thoughts on a Saturday night after a dreadful pre-St. Paddy's day:

I smell like Adam. Why? Cos I just spent the evening hanging out in a bar with bikers. HARLEY DAVIDSON bikers.
wink.gif
What a motley crew. And not a Larry lookalike among them, DRAT!!!

The "band" tonight played "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"...I got warm U2ey fuzzies....

I'm Irish and I own no green clothing. Or orange for that matter. *scandalized*

I'm getting too old to party with the big dogs...the festivities today wore me out!

I'm (hopefully) going to see No Doot on May 10, Bono's birthday. You know, the day AFTER National Orgasm Day!
biggrin.gif

Carry on.

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 03-16-2002).]

Originally posted by Discoteque:
More random thoughts on a Saturday night after a dreadful pre-St. Paddy's day:

I smell like Adam. Why? Cos I just spent the evening hanging out in a bar with bikers. HARLEY DAVIDSON bikers.
wink.gif
What a motley crew. And not a Larry lookalike among them, DRAT!!!

The "band" tonight played "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"...I got warm U2ey fuzzies....

I'm Irish and I own no green clothing. Or orange for that matter. *scandalized*

I'm getting too old to party with the big dogs...the festivities today wore me out!

Carry on.

I know how you feel Disco, I really do
smile.gif

Originally posted by daisybean:
Some more random thoughts:

Thanks to Kristie's Rampage I got to thinking about Adam's little smile and nod during Kite mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
icon35.gif

WOOHOO!
I.. haven't made stills in almost 24 hours. AAH! It feels weird.
I have, however, recorded the audio from PopMart and burned it to CD for my listening enjoyment.
Well, I haven't burned it yet, but I've got it all ready.
I went to see John Q tonight. Good, but it coulda been better. Denzel Washington gained a lot of weight for that movie.
My random thread is catching on. Yeah!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

I had the option to smell like Adam, too... but decided that hanging out with one friend and all *her* friends, smoking and drinking and laughing about how much fun their cruise was back in September.... well, let's just say I wasn't interested to sit there and put up with that.

I'm tired.

I went shopping and bought a freakin' bodice made out of jean material.... it actually looks cute over one of those ruffly white tops.

Spent too much on clothes.

Still want to buy a drumkit, but don't know how to break it to the boyfriend. He won't be pleased.

I spend too much time on the computer. The boyfriend says that it's now my obsession. He's right - except the obsession starts with 'U' and ends with '2'.

My favorite flowers are white roses.

I hate teaching and am looking for something new.

I want to become published. It will happen one day, I promise.

I collect Hard Rock Cafe guitar pins.

I need to draw more.

I need to go to bed. I said flannel sheets are the bomb. They are.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

I know the Meteor Awards is old news, but i came across this random stuff and .....

U2 reign at Irish Music Awards -

The Point, Dublin, 4 March 2002

Meanwhile drummer, Larry Mullen spiced up a largely controversy free night by slamming the entries in the Best Newcomer 2001 saying that the only band worth their salt were the Revs. Larry declared, 'The newcomer category has no one of interest but the Revs. Somebody needs to get off their ass and do something about it.'
larrymullen4.jpg

Leave it to snarly mullen to stir it up at the awards show!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
I know the Meteor Awards is old news, but i came across this random stuff and .....

U2 reign at Irish Music Awards -

The Point, Dublin, 4 March 2002

Meanwhile drummer, Larry Mullen spiced up a largely controversy free night by slamming the entries in the Best Newcomer 2001 saying that the only band worth their salt were the Revs. Larry declared, 'The newcomer category has no one of interest but the Revs. Somebody needs to get off their ass and do something about it.'
larrymullen4.jpg

Leave it to snarly mullen to stir it up at the awards show!
biggrin.gif

hehehe! I was feeling a bit like Snarly Mullen myself last night
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I'm (hopefully) going to see No Doot on May 10, Bono's birthday. You know, the day AFTER National Orgasm Day!
biggrin.gif

At least SOMEone will bne having fun on May 10th. I'll be spending 6 hours in testing....good times
rolleyes.gif

I went shopping last night and we were in Ragstock (used clothing, but great stuff) and I decided to look at the old rock tees. I am now the proud owner of an original Rattle & Hum tour t-shirt! YESSSS!!!

I had to explain why there's conflict in Ireland to my sociology teacher. She's such an idiot!

I'm going to have corned beef and cabbage today. I am SO excited....it's delicious. This will be the last time I get it for 4 years....stupid college being 6 hours away...

Ehm....yea....I steal construction cones. I have 32 in my possession now. Shhh! Don't tell.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Back
Top Bottom