R.I.P Mr. Luciano Pavarotti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostAtMoon

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Italian tenor Pavarotti is dead

ROME - Luciano Pavarotti, whose vibrant high C's and ebullient showmanship made him one the most beloved tenors, has died, his manager told The Associated Press. He was 71.

Pavarotti had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year and underwent further treatment in August 2007. His manager, Terri Robson, told the AP in an e-mail statement that Pavarotti died at his home in Modena, Italy, at 5 a.m. local time.

"The Maestro fought a long, tough battle against the pancreatic cancer which eventually took his life. In fitting with the approach that characterised his life and work, he remained positive until finally succumbing to the last stages of his illness," the statement said.

For serious fans, the unforced beauty and thrilling urgency of Pavarotti's voice made him the ideal interpreter of the Italian lyric repertory, especially in the 1960s and '70s when he first achieved stardom. For millions more, his charismatic performances of standards like "Nessun dorma" from Puccini's "Turandot" came to represent what opera is all about.

Instantly recognizable from his charcoal black beard and tuxedo-busting girth, Pavarotti radiated an intangible magic that helped him win hearts in a way Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras — his partners in the "Three Tenors" concerts — never quite could.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

ROME (AP) — Luciano Pavarotti, whose vibrant high C's and ebullient showmanship made him one the most beloved tenors, has died, his manager told The Associated Press. He was 71.

Pavarotti had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year and underwent further treatment in August 2007.

Yahoo News

Last edited:
Aww :( We could relate this thread to PLEBA by posting pics of Bono and Pavarotti together :hmm:

Dici che il fiume
trova la via al mare
E come il fiume
giungerai a me
Oltre i confini
e le terre assetate
Dici che come fiume
come fiume
L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

My heart, as I am sure all of ours do, to his friends and family. May his friends and family find healing and peace.

It is a huge loss to music and to all that knew him.

May they and we take solace in the fact that he is in pain no more.

Rest In Peace Mr Pavarotti, Rest In Peace.

I truly love to hear him singing. I'm still in shock.

BonoPav.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it's a bit sad day here in Italy. Media keep on reporting the news, pix and songs everywhere. We've really lost a part of our cultural heritage and a great person, full of humanity. :sad: While listening the beautiful Miss Sarajevo on the radio I am sincerely close to his family. We will miss him. Addio, Luciano.

Oh my God, I am so sad right now. I woke up to this news, it's all over the news right now, I just commented in the Lemonade Stand forum. This is such a loss for the music world. And they are playing Miss Sarajevo RIGHT NOW on our radio. :sad:

Rest in Peace, Luciano!

Infinitum98 said:
Dici che il fiume
trova la via al mare
E come il fiume
giungerai a me
Oltre i confini
e le terre assetate
Dici che come fiume
come fiume
L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

My turn...:sad: :(

Det sägs att floden
finner sin väg till havet
Och likt floden
kommer du att finna din väg tillbaka till mig
Bortom gränserna
och de törstiga markerna
Du säger att likt floden
Likt floden, säger du
att kärlek kommer att finna en väg
Kärleken
Och jag kan inte bedja längre
Och jag kan inte tro på kärlek längre
Och jag kan inte vänta på kärlek längre

Luciano Pavarotti - 1935-2007
R.I.P.

I'm so sad! :sad:

I've always had a thing for LP, since I found out he was a Libra sign, like me. We're all about art, peace and luv....and eating good pasta!

I have several (okay, multitudes) of his recordings and DVDs around. My husband is/was a huge fan.

Yikes, I'm going to have to break this news to my hubby, who is a big opera fan.

RIP, my Libra friend... :)

When I heard he was sick, I was hoping that it wasn't going to affect him. But unfortunately, it did. :sad:

I literally just found out a few minutes ago when I started up the internet. On my hompage it said that he died at the age of 71. I was completely shocked.

R.I.P. Luciano Pavarotti :pray: :sad:

angelofdublin said:
On u2.com there is a comment written by bono

What beautiful words has written B. for his friend, he can be always so sweet...:(

I'm so sad right now...
The world has lost a great tenor, a great person...
Ciao Big Luciano :sad: RIP

Pavarotti RIP

I'm sorry to hear about the death of Mr. Pavarotti. When I hear about these cancer deaths, I realize it is so important to make sure you take care of your health. For women after 40 yearly mammograms and for men after 40 proscrate exams and screening. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom