R.I.P Mr. Luciano Pavarotti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
14748980ahernkelly98200792122AM.jpg

And Edge with Morleigh.

The service is really moving. A great tribute to him.

last unicorn said:
The link is right on the main site of CNN com, you don't have to search. Yes, Bono is there with Ali.

THanks, last unicorn, got it. saw Morleigh,what about Edge.. Did you see Sting or Elton John?

Thank you so much for the links -- I'm watching now. Beautiful shots of Ali and Bono, I saw Morleigh but have yet to see Edge.

I wish Nicoletta looked as nice as Ali. There's so much criticism of her and it doesn't help that she looks bedraggled at her husband's funeral, like a schoolgirl. I completely understand grief, but certainly Armani could have provided her with a beautiful black suit.

silvrlvr said:
Thank you so much for the links -- I'm watching now. Beautiful shots of Ali and Bono, I saw Morleigh but have yet to see Edge.

I wish Nicoletta looked as nice as Ali. There's so much criticism of her and it doesn't help that she looks bedraggled at her husband's funeral, like a schoolgirl. I completely understand grief, but certainly Armani could have provided her with a beautiful black suit.

okay, that is just plain MEAN- do you know how it feels to lose someone you love deeply???????? you just can barely put one foot in front of the other. and when there are children involved- it makes it even harder.

blm said:

okay, that is just plain MEAN- do you know how it feels to lose someone you love deeply???????? you just can barely put one foot in front of the other. and when there are children involved- it makes it even harder.

Yes, I absolutely know how it feels. I lost my father when I was 14 and I lost a very close friend this week. There is a moment to show RESPECT and this is it. That's even more important in Italy, where appearance is so important, and for proof, just look around that crowd, and see how beautifully everyone is dressed.

Having met Pavarotti twice, I am feeling this as deeply as anyone on these boards. And Nicoletta has one child, Alice, who is lovingly cared for.

silvrlvr said:

woah.. that is not the thing to say ... widows and especially in that culture go thru a grieving/mourning.. so they are not so supposed to look like they walked off the runway..with a armani dress.. she's in mourning for god's sake.. :|

I didn't see Edge and Morleigh, but they showed Bono and Ali several times. Bono sat next to legendary Italian director Franco Zefirelli. Andrea Bocelli sang so beautifully, it was very moving. They just brought the coffin out to the sounds of Nessun Dorma, very touching.

Ali wears a beautiful dress, both of them look very good. But it pains me to see Nicoletta and the children, especially little Alice.

Morleigh was next to Ali and Edge was at the far side. I saw the 4 of them a few times.

It pains me to see them too, she looks so lost :( his young daughter will be too young to fully understand :sad:

i don't see Edge in a suit and tie often...he looks good...i went to that church this summer...its beautiful

Luciano would have been very moved to see and know how much he is adored by people all over the world-for his voice and his humanity. It is no wonder he and B became connected to each other.

Edge looks incredible. so do Morleigh and Ali. I really don't want to say it -but Bono let someone scalp him again.

Thanks for the photos they all look lovely. Also the links I missed it :( All i saw was the end taking the coffin out with flowers on top of it. I broke down crying :sad: :sad:

I will just watch the news in Australia tonight to see the highlights then.

crazyu2 said:
Could you guys post more pictures from the funeral? None of the live links work for me, so I cannot see anything. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I think cnn.com has ended the live stream. you may want to continue to seach that site for some limited coverage, a few minutes here and there. good luck.

What a touching ceremony...I didn't realize it lasted almost two hours. I'm feeling so sad now but once again proud of being his compatriot. Ancora grazie, Maestro. :sigh:

is it just me or did edge get the monk haircut...no hair on the top but just a round circle of fuzz

Back
Top Bottom