Quibbles, Quotes, and Larks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~BrightestStar~

Blue Crack Supplier
Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikea
What have I learned in 9 days? That we are quite found of pretty pictures :drool: (trust me, I'm *not* complaining) so how about a lil text..... I thought it'd be nice to start a thread where one could post quotes/stories about the boys that inspire one, make one laugh, whatever...of course, if you feel it necessary to post a pic or two..well...please do! :up:

"When the potatoes ran out, millions of Irish men, women and children packed their bags got on a boat and showed up right here. And we're still doing it. We're not even starving anymore, loads of potatoes. In fact if there's any Irish out there, I've breaking news from Dublin, the potato famine is over you can come home now." - B

"I'd be the lion tamer" - A
"And I'd be the lion :wink: " - B

Ohhh..look this is my 300th post..in 9 days...I think I'm hooked...or really need to get out more...:huh:

This is sad I'm replying to my own thread...ah well...

"I am still a very big fan of Tony Blair, even though I disagree with the way they went about the war. I think he's an honest man and he has great conviction...and he understands how to tune a guitar.
I have checked his guitar. I pulled it out of the case at Downing Street and it was perfect. He's skinny enough to be a rock star but his brain is too big." -B

These came from the same article...

"If my dad saw these pictures he'd say: 'They're crap -- don't cash in your day job, and by the way, you're crap at that, too.' He was really tough but he was fantastic.
Overcoming my dad telling me I would never amount to anything is what has made me the megalomaniac you see today.
I used to paint long before I dreamed of putting on wraparound shades and selling tunes for U2."

"He reveals that it's an aggressive album, born out of bandmate the Edge's anger at the singer's hob-nobbing with politicians. "

Last edited:
As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both.
-B

U2 is an original species... there are colours and feelings and emotional terrain that we occupy that is ours and ours alone.
-B

"It's filled with big tunes and it's driven by a guitar player who is sick of the sight of me shaking hands with dodgy politicians. The anger is unbelievable.

The Edge is the most gifted guitar player of his generation -- that's obvious. He's driving it and he's going, 'This is enough, if I see one more photo of you with a dodgy politician I'm going to throw up."
-B

(Thx for joining my party of one U2girl! :hug: )

"It's a hard thing to explain but, next to being with my friends and family, the place I feel most comfortable in my life is on stage in front of 20,000 of my closest friends, or 150,000.
People say that's not the real me but it is -- because I'm an awkward person I'm not comfortable in every situation."

I guess that explains all the fidgeting, thumb biting, etc eh?

Last edited:
You're welcome bs! :hug:

He's so cute when he fidgets and bites his thumbs..awww

"America is not just a country; it's an idea. You have to defend the idea as well as the country, and that idea is being attacked."
-B

"They have the stamina of 14 year olds."
Helena Christensen on the band's unstoppable energy, 2002.

Quotes by Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest
:drool:

We thought that we had the answers, it was the questions we had wrong.
Bono

Books! I dunno if I ever told you this, but books are the greatest gift one person can give another.
Bono

Distance does not decide who is your brother and who is not. The church is going to have to become the conscience of the free market if it's to have any meaning in this world - and stop being its apologist.
Bono

My heroes are the ones who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but recovered from them.
Bono

hehe

"I have to tell you, I don't like doing intimate concerts. I have very sensitive nasal glands and being that close to so many armpits is absolutely terrifying. I'd rather play a stadium any day."
Bono on the disadvantages of shows like the Astoria gig, 2001.

I love that one quote from Edge that kinda gos somethin like this- "It's kinda hard to not like yourself, 'cos you spent a lot of time with yourself" OhI cant remember it exactly. Somebody pleawse post the correct verion. Its wored differently I know it.

You see my country, Ireland, is a great country, but it's not an idea. America is an idea, but it's an idea that brings with it some baggage, like power brings responsibility. It's an idea that brings with it equality, but equality even though it's the highest calling, is the hardest to reach. The idea that anything is possible, that's one of the reasons why I'm a fan of America.

-Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest

It's a tough life being a pop star. You know, at the end of the day when you've paid all the bills and put the kids through college and that, you know, there's only enough left for a small island off the South Pacific.

Larry pleads poverty, 1997.

We crossed the line
who pushed who over?
It doesn't matter to you
It matters to me

We're cut adrift
But still floating
I'm only hanging on
To watch you go down...my love

-So Cruel, Achtung Baby

U2Girl1978 said:
hehe

"I have to tell you, I don't like doing intimate concerts. I have very sensitive nasal glands and being that close to so many armpits is absolutely terrifying. I'd rather play a stadium any day."
Bono on the disadvantages of shows like the Astoria gig, 2001.

LOL Bono's such a ham...:wink:

Look...more people! Huzzah!

I don't think people should ever look like their hair has been ironed.

Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest comments on the mullet, 2002

"What ever you do, do not get into a car with Bono. He's not great at the old driving."
Edge on the dangers of a ride with Bono, 2001

"We would have broken up years ago if there'd been any pansies in the band."
Edge, 2002

~BrightestStar~ said:
This is sad I'm replying to my own thread...ah well...

It is rather sad, but I've been known to do the same thing. It's part of the joy of living in the UK and being an insomniac (that's my excuse)!

"Sallycinnamon78 is the most exquisitely beautiful and gifted woman I have ever met, and I am constantly pining for her."
- Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest

(allegedly, he told my best friend this)

Last edited:
People probably felt that having children would chill me out, but rather the opposite. It's made me a lot more interested in the world, the way it is shaped and formed, the world that they're about to enter into.
-Bono

sallycinnamon78 said:
"Sallycinnamon78 is the most exquisitely beautiful and gifted woman I have ever met, and I am constantly pining for her."
- Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest
I think u better check ur sources...I'm sure it says..
"BrightestStar is the most exquisitely beautiful and gifted woman I have ever met, and I am constantly pining for her."

:wink: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom