Quibbles, Quotes, and Larks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. Had some bad news today so can't sleep. I'm just arsing about on the net posting daft messages to cheer myself up a bit.
More quotes from The Sexy Wilderbeest to follow...

What a city, what a night, what a crowd, what a bomb, what a mistake, what a wanker you have for a President.

Bono TSW
Acceptance speech at MTV Europe Music Awards 1996, referring to French nuclear testing in Pacific

That's 1-2-0-2-4-5-6-1-4-1-4, ok...hello, is this the White House? Hi, could I speak to President George Bush? George isn't available? But it's our last night...hello...could I leave a message for George? I was just gonna say I wouldn't be bothering him from now on. I'm gonna be bothering Bill Clinton now.
- MacPhisto

People are interested in bridges. I guess I've always been more interested in what goes on underneath bridges - Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest, Rolling Stone interview

The Edge is a really, really intense guy, he's got this incredibly high I.Q. He's great at sorting out issues of worldly importance, it's just that he forgets the everyday things, like the chords or songs, where he is, and so on

Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest

"Then Bono arrived, and he meant to play the guitar, but he couldn't play very well, so he started to sing. He couldn't do that either. But he was such a charismatic character that he was in the band anyway, as soon as he arrived. I was in charge for the first five minutes, but as soon as Bono got there, I was out of a job."
Larry describes Bono's persona, April 1987.

Does anyone remember that quote of Bono's from the MTV's "U2 dismantled" where Bono says somethin along the lines of "I'm an artisit, I'm gonna raid ur fridge and sleep in ur bed..."

(u wanna sleep in my bed? Go right ahead!! :wink: :drool: )

And does anyone have quotes from when Bono spoke at the Canadian Liberal Convention..I remember his speech was good...I jus can't find it...

B: I'm passionate, I'm passionate and I'm hot...um..smiles...I think that has a different meaning in the states...
Speaking at a WTO dinner about the Africa Aids issue. Going from memory so don't shot me if it was not verbatim.

B: I'd like to see Smashing Pumpkins fill a fucking stadium.

Speach in the early 90's after winning a Grammy or American Music Award for best alternative aritist (or something like that, he was obviously offended by the catagory & competition, funny thing was that Smashing Pumpkins became really big and the other nominees were nobodys, he just picked the one group who probably did fill a fucking stadium or two).:wink:

I am avoiding studying for a huge/life altering test that I have to take tomorrow. Some parts of this thread are to close to the subject matter "analysis of literature and usage of rhetoric in language" so I am off to procrastonate elsewhere.
:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom