Question: new RS cover..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2granny said:
2e07e577.jpg

:up: :drool: :bow:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
adam looks old

I actually think he looks younger than he did on The Elevation Tour And Popmart without the glasses and with the natural color of his hair. Two things I didn't think could influence someone to look younger. :scratch: I understand I might be alnoe on this one. Anyway he never looked so cool like he does now and I know I'm not alone of this one! :wink: :cool:

Oh, I had never even looked at Adam for more than a second til Brooklym... he got probably one whole minute out of me, and that is a lot considering Bono was standing RIGHT THERE. HE did look pretty damn good. :wink:

They don't have it yet at Books-A-Million or Waldenbooks, so I will be looking at FYE tommorow. They always have RS and Spin so I am sure they'll have it. If they don't I am going to cry. :sad:

I just asked my daughter to check at Walgreens cause she was on her way there--she said no. Drat her hide--All that $ I have spent on her for Christmas. Razzlin' Frazzlin' mean kid.

I get it a bit early ;)

I actually got it last week, but didn't even think about posting it til I saw this thread! I'll try and be more on top of things from now on! :)

Last edited:
Bono's Doll said:
I just asked my daughter to check at Walgreens cause she was on her way there--she said no. Drat her hide--All that $ I have spent on her for Christmas. Razzlin' Frazzlin' mean kid.

Make it one less present for the brat.

I have a subscription to RS and still haven't received the issue. So it might not have hit shelves yet (as mail orders usually arrive first).

TheBrazilianFly said:

I actually think he looks younger than he did on The Elevation Tour And Popmart without the glasses and with the natural color of his hair. Two things I didn't think could influence someone to look younger. :scratch: I understand I might be alnoe on this one. Anyway he never looked so cool like he does now and I know I'm not alone of this one! :wink: :cool:

Adam has looked old for ages. I never understood why Bono always gets the flak for looking old when Adam looks much older than the other members of the band. If he'd dye his hair blond it would help a lot. To me he is the very opposite of cool, he reminds me of a boring old accountant about 60 years old. Oh well we all have our own taste. I just don't see rock star quality in him at all. I liked 'lumberjack' Adam best, and the fro rocked!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Adam has looked old for ages. I never understood why Bono always gets the flak for looking old when Adam looks much older than the other members of the band. If he'd dye his hair blond it would help a lot. To me he is the very opposite of cool, he reminds me of a boring old accountant about 60 years old. Oh well we all have our own taste. I just don't see rock star quality in him at all. I liked 'lumberjack' Adam best, and the fro rocked!

Adam looks cool because he's not trying he's just being. He's laid back. Plus his experienced person vibe is really awesome but at the same time he has (to me) a young appeal because of the way he dresses and moves on stage! I think that shows that he has a broad mind. Also I think some people might think he is not cool because basically they don’t know much about him and he doesn’t let us know all that much. He is not like Bono. He is more on his own. And maybe his personality is not as attractive as Bono’s. We have 25 years of footage and lyrics from Bono. And Bono gets flak because of his looks cause people always complemented him on that, he always knew that he is a good looking man and he always made sure he looked good for the camera and his forever boyish attitude on stage makes the age more obvious (but in my opinion it doesn't interfere on the performance) and now he is naturally getting old (like everybody else on the world and he looks great in my opinion), but mostly because he is the front man, he is the singer. Lumberjack Adam was cool but the fro was ridiculous.

starsgoblue said:
I'm dying to know exactly what you "do", AtomicLemon. Sounds sweet whatever it is!

PS- I adore your sig! Too cute!

Maybe AtomicLemon is actually Bono in disguise, here to spy on us. :sexywink:

Wouldn't that be cool?!

They all look like the distinguished, handsome men that they always are and always will be!

Larry, as ever remains 25. :drool:

I usually receive RS & Time mag. around the same time. Time came in the mail wed. No RS yet, as of yesterday. :|
It's not in the stores I usually see it in either...so the wait continues.
(hope it isn't like the spin mag. this month, 2 weeks on the shelves and I hadn't recieved it in the mail. :madspit:
But that's not unusual for spin. I've never had that problem with RS.)

*** just got RS at a big newsstore in Manhattan, tonite!***

SO nycer's....go for it!
That means like you SGB, One 4 & Headache :D, it's on 42nd St South-side between 7th and 8th Avenues.

If heading West towards the Port Authority Bus Terminal, you pass Madame Tussards, the Internet Cafe, the big exit for the 42nd street AMC movie theatre [theres a novelty shop inside & escalator up to Applebee's] then i think it's the store. Or just after the ground floor Applebee's entrance!

If coming out of PA terminal...go eastward...past the AMC theatre, big sneaker/sports store..and maybe one or two other stores.

There were three more copies there of 9:40PM, and mostly people heading into NYC or out of it {PAterminal} to/from work, plus the tourists. So there's a good chance with in being the weekend and it's more tourists than working people, they'll still be there tomorrow.

:shame: Now don't y'all go fighting over it, if you all arrive at the same time, and there's only one copy left. But maybe by tomorrow B& N , Border's etc will have it in.

Don't forget RS has it's editorial/art depts etc still here in NYC so..... home town privilage.

Last edited:
Somebody told me you can get a huge piece of pizza like that in Times Square for a buck and a quarter. Good deal! Nice pic! :love:

I got the RS @ Walmart of all places after looking at BDalton & Borders! I am going to San Francisco for Christmas & taking on the plane to read. I feel like country mouse going to the city, but I hear it's quite lovely there. Merry Christmas!!!

Bono's Doll said:
I got the RS @ Walmart of all places after looking at BDalton & Borders! I am going to San Francisco for Christmas & taking on the plane to read. I feel like country mouse going to the city, but I hear it's quite lovely there. Merry Christmas!!!

I've been to SF, but years & years ago. You probably will have a very lovely time.!

In that RS I hadn't seen that particular pic of Bono/Bridge since i don't have internet acess for all the photos that our pleba gals didn't post. So i got to drool over that photo while i was getting on-line at the netcafe to come here that night. But i actually didn't read the article till last night. Was very good.

Safe traveling and have a great time.

Back
Top Bottom