Question: new RS cover..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:
What glare thingy on Bono's glasses? :wink:

wu2i8
new picture
1. Larry's shirt is on - unacceptable:wink: I am now conditioned for a certain level of bare chestedness from Mr. Mullen - to have the shirt only open to the sternum is teasing and that is just wrong
2. Hello Mr. The Edge- wow what a great picture of him - On another note - Edge's leather jacket has become somewhat of a "blankie" to him - it is always there but I like it
3. Bono- I rock and I am hot - glad that I agree with him:). Love the hair, the shades, the short sleeve shirt that probably got ripped off in the next picture....
4. Adam - Taking lessons from Larry about shirt opening - something I would like to see continue on the tour

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this and the interview

Last edited:
:bow:

thanks for posting the whole thing, atomic lemon! another great article. we've been so spoiled lately.

the funeral pic kind of bothers me too. i hadn't actually seen any of them, so this was a bit of a shock to see. i guess it's a respect thing--i would have liked to have the media respect his privacy on such a sombre and heartwrenching occasion. there are so many great shots of the guys, why did they pick this one?

they must have had permission to print it though, wouldn't they?

:shrug:

Ok, now that I have recovered slightly...

That is seriously one hot picture... Bono looks DEEE-LEEEE-CIOUS! They actually all look pretty good, except I have to physically force myself to look at them, my eeys just keep going back to Bono.... :wink:

Those arms.... I really should re-take kickboxing to be in touring shape like B. :wink:

:uhoh:
Uh, just a question...
Please don't jump on me for asking, but did they airbrush Bono's arms or did he just maybe get them waxed?:huh: :wink:

U2dork said:
Uh, just a question...
Please don't jump on me for asking, but did they airbrush Bono's arms or did he just maybe get them waxed?:huh: :wink:

I think Bono has light-colored hair on his arms anyway. :hmm:

beli said:
I think theres been a lot of hair removal airbrushing in that photo.

And Edges right side of his face looks odd. :huh:

Yeah, and it looks like someone used to dodge tool on PS to brighten his eyes.

Last edited:
U2dork said:
Uh, just a question...

No jumping here.... just laughing! :lol:
Yeah, I have to go with airbrush over waxing, but you never know :wink:

miss becky said:

That bothers me, too. I even wrote a letter to the editor when Blender published one of the pictures in their article. I think it's just terrible that anyone would take such a picture, let alone print it for the whole world to see.:(

And why choose it from all the thousands of Bono pics available (just as us PLEBAns if you want to have a count!) I think it's awful:(

But thanks Atomic Lemon! :bow: :up:

I'm so used to seeing Bono all covered up- I think he should start showing some more skin, I mean the man is lookin' fine so why not show off what momma gave ya ?!!

I can't take all this hottness...................:drool:

Miroslava said:
I don't like it when they use the funeral pictures

:shame:

I THINK THE WAY THE IRISH DEAL WITH DEATH IS MUCH HEALTHIER. THEY DON'T HIDE FROM IT LIKE WE DO IN AMERICA. THE IRISH WAKE IS A WONDERFUL CONCEPT. ITS NOT GOODBYE. ITS SEE YA LATER.

I of course have no problem with the Funeral and I don't think any one else understood my comment to mean that. What I do have a problem with is magazines exploiting this very personal moment three years after the fact when there are 1000s of other pictures to choose from.

That's all. :|

And jaoricardo, what is that smiley for? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
If you think it is okay for those pictures to be used, great. But I am also entitled to believe the opposite even if Bono thinks its okay (which I really doubt) :wink:

So those of you who have the magazine, are you subscribers or did you find it at stores already? Will have to check again

The cover is now on RS.com so that bodes well!

U2_-_RS_964965_Cover_-_gallery_Image_-_lg.6769375.jpg

Last edited:
Went to 2 stores at lunch. Nothing :madspit:

Will have to try Blockbuster, they have good music mags.

Miroslava said:
So those of you who have the magazine, are you subscribers or did you find it at stores already? Will have to check again

The cover is now on RS.com so that bodes well!

U2_-_RS_964965_Cover_-_gallery_Image_-_lg.6769375.jpg

I like tilting my head to the left, so it's like me and Larry are checking each other out!
But Edge is giving me the evil eye.... :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom