Question: Miserere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetie

Refugee
MA - the land of every weather pattern imaginable
Hi there,
I just heard Miserere from Pavarotti and Friends 2003. (I know..I'm waaaaaay behind) But um......IS THAT BONO SINGING IN ITALIAN???!!!!! :love:

I've gone to look it up and I keep reading that it was Pavarotti, Bono AND Zucchero. Was Zucchero singing any of the vocals or was that all Bono??? I NEED to know! Thanks!!

It was all Bono's and the italian too.:drool: :love:
I think Zucherro was behind the paino or somehting or wrote the arrangement :D

My family is from Italy and I am fluent, and let me tell you when I first heard him sing that one and the Ave Maria I nearly had cardiac arrest myself. I played it for my whole family over and over and everyone loved it!! You should see the video!!! :combust:
Thats one of my favorite all time Bono performances right there :yes: :drool:

U2SJ said:
My family is from Italy and I am fluent, and let me tell you when I first heard him sing that one and the Ave Maria I nearly had cardiac arrest myself. I played it for my whole family over and over and everyone loved it!! You should see the video!!! :combust:
Thats one of my favorite all time Bono performances right there :yes: :drool:

My family is from Italy as well. My parents. I can't wait to have my mother listen to it. She thinks Bono is a cutie too :wink:
He sounds so wonderful. Do you think he practiced or do you think he speaks the language?

Yes my mom loves Bono too, she was with me when my dream of 17 years came thru and I met him!
I really dont think he speaks it, I think that was his 1st time singing it, which just amazes me :)
Have you heard Ave Maria from that same concert? You can actually buy the DVD of this I think. I know I have video of it, I have so much U2 stuff now I cant remember tho if I have a dvd too :hmm:

What amazed me about Bono's performance of "Ave Maria" is that the Italian people cheered him even though he changed the words of the song to protest unnecessary killing. :wink:

My family is Italian too and very Catholic on my mother's side and to many Catholic people, "Ave Maria" is one of their most sacred hymns so to change the words to the song and get CHEERED is almost unimaginable!

But if anyone could do it - Bono could.... and did. And he received a standing ovation at the end of the song! :hug:

QUITE AN AMAZING MAN - BONO....:angel:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

I was at the Pavarotti & Friends 2003....Ave Maria? I have no words to explain! A wonderfull experience...

LivLuv, I would love to have them too!

I have some really cheap copies of them, but I would REALLY APPRECIATE better quality ones. :yes:

I have "Miserere" and "Ave Maria" but I don't have "One" which is a really beautifully done rendition.

My email is ultravioletlove_14@yahoo.com and I have plenty of capacity to handle them. :up:

Sharing the love of U2's music is a wonderful thing! :hug:

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Hi U2SJ – What dvd is this on?

Miserere is also on an Andrea Boccelli cd (and both Zucchero and Bono sing on it as well).

Anch'io sono italo-americana, ciao! :wave:

I sent Ave Maria, but I can't find the other one. It may have been lost in my recent computer swap. Sorry guys!

Back
Top Bottom