Question for U2 photo collectors ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2trinity

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My daughters are angry with me over all my U2 photos which
are saved on our computer , because the pics are slowing the computer down . They want me to save them on cd and delete
them from the computer :( I do save them on cd , but I can't
bring myself to delete them , I look at them on a daily basis . :yes:

So here is my question .
How do pleban's save there massive collection U2 photos ?
:help: I don't want to delete !!! :scream:

:wink: on my pc...

my mother claims it slows the pc down.... but since we have a 150 gig harddisk and I"m only using 30 for pics and audio/video now, she can't complain!

the pc speed is a processor thing, not the amount of files you throw on it :yes:

:reject:

I bought a new laptop specifically for my collection... it killed my old laptop.

If you can, get your own laptop. Kick the kids off! :lol:

Zipping old files is a good way to get started, but unless your hard disk is practically full, there's no reason your computer should be any slower - That would have to do with the processor, or the amount of RAM you have.

You can check that by right-clicking My Computer and clicking Properties.

You can check how full your hard disk is by right clicking the C: drive in My Computer and clicking Properties.

I feel your pain, u2trinity. My home computer is doing okay, but at work we only get so much storage space. Even though I've saved my pix to a photobucket account, I still have many saved on my storage space. I've deleted outdated work files so I can keep them. I suppose someday they'll have to go, though. At least no one has reprimanded me about it . . . yet. :D

I have eight CD-r's One for each of the guys, (two for Bono) one for group pics of all four of them, one for group pics of just two or three of them and one for wallpapers, avi's, photoshop creations, etc... and other folks associated with them such as Gavin Friday, Guggi, Paul McGuinness, and comic and other artists renderings of them :nerd:

I can't put all of them on the PC at once or it slows down waaaaay too much

Last edited:
Good news - photos do not slow a computer down. They take up lots of space, yes, but a photograph is not a running application or process; it's not physically possible for photos to "slow down" a computer.

The speeds of each form of memory (cache, RAM, hard disk drive) and the speed of the processor determine how fast or slow the computer is. Also, the longer you use the computer, the more likely it is that more and more programs are getting installed and not properly configured to not run at startup.

Don't delete them if you use them daily. Constantly accessing them off the CD drive is far more likely to slow you down than just having them on the hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom