Question for those visiting/living in Dublin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I'll be visiting Dublin in the fall...does anyone know if there is a "Dr. Martens" store in Dublin? I assume there is one in London(but I won't be visiting there), and I was really hoping Dublin would have a store too. A new pair of Doc Martens is top on my list of "Things to buy on my trip to Great Britain".
If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it!

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

Watch out.. Stormy is going to yell at you.
rolleyes.gif

St Stephens Green shopping centre- 1st floor- Schuh (pro. shoe) they sell Doc Martens there- i got mine for 60 punts which is bout 40/50 sterling- dunno bout euros and dollars tho- but they r reasonable i got lovely ox blood red Dm's im sure theres a Dm shop somewhere- im not sure
smile.gif

**NOTE**
I am not going to Dublin to "stalk" the band...in fact, I will probably only be in Dublin for 4 days. And I will be there with my mother....It's called V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N
and I'm traveling all over Great Britain too...
Thanks for watching out for my Sicy
wink.gif

Oh, and thanks for the info on the stores too ladies
biggrin.gif
bono-vox...the store at St.Stephens Green....do they have a big selection??

It's a good thing your name is Mrs Clayton, cause we all know Larry wears Docs and so I know you won't be stalking him while there. Thank god, I thought I was gonna have to kick your butt.
wink.gif

------------------
Blood and blisters, on my fingers
Chaos rules when we're apart
Watch my temper, I go mental
I'll try to be gentle...

Originally posted by bono-vox:
what kind DM;s u lookin for?

i have the boots with 8 wee eyelet (shoelace holes lol) tings

The stereotypical Dr.Martens...I have a pair of brown oxfords and a stupid pair of black "boots" that need to be replaced...
Oh...and LM PopAngel....my mom is now hooked on Larry...so I won't go looking for him...but I can't say the same for my mom
wink.gif

She calls him her "foster child" and calls him names like "sweetie" and "honey"

Originally posted by Sicy:
Watch out.. Stormy is going to yell at you.
rolleyes.gif

That isn't funny or fair. I already stated I have nothing against those who VISIT Dublin and I would do it myself and intend to. It's just the ones who MOVE there with intentions on stalking the band. No job, no home, just living off Mommy and Daddy's credit cards I guess. Wonder if Dubin would be such an attractive choice if it weren't U2's home. It isn't even fair to the band. A visit is okay, moving in is going too far. They value their privacy and that's one of the reasons they love Dublin. People leave them alone.

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 05-01-2002).]

somebodys jealous!

being irish is great- ppl love my country......why would i be annoyed?!?!?! uhmmm....i dunno!!!

I go to dublin all the time i wanna meet u2....no big deal- they r famous- their fans do wanna meet them- stalking is a bit far tho, ppl go because u2 have made the culture etc here more widely known to ppl- ppl go for the experience!

Your jealous!

Girlies plz come and see me in ireland......
biggrin.gif
Stormy stay at home!

oh and mrs C before i was sooo rudely interrupted- u can get yer black boots in schuh in st stephens green shopping centre!!!
smile.gif

Ill b in dublin on sunday & mon- ill see hw much they cost!

Oh & Mrs C keep your wee mommy on a leash- you dont want her running off on you if she spots larry!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

oh and mrs C before i was sooo rudely interrupted- u can get yer black boots in schuh in st stephens green shopping centre!!!
smile.gif

Ill b in dublin on sunday & mon- ill see hw much they cost!

Oh & Mrs C keep your wee mommy on a leash- you dont want her running off on you if she spots larry!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

You know my mom would too
wink.gif
I can see it now...as long as she doens't try to get fresh with Adam...I'll be OK.
That would be great if you could take a peek at the shoe store for me...I say I'm getting black boots...but you never know...I change my mind pretty often. Would it be alright if I just emailed you the questions I have about shoe stores in Dublin???I could ask them here...but I'd go on and on and on...
Here's my email....

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

Will these boots do??

bonoboots.jpg

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Lord.

It was a joke Stormy.. ha .. sort of.

Sorry to take a stab at you or whatever but I'm starting to get fed up with you as well and its getting harder to control my feelings about it. You know I've tried to talk to you and offer you advice etc.. but it just went in one ear and out the other.

You dont like anyone here, you dont seem to get along with many and you are the one that seems to rub people the wrong way.

I think it would be in your best interest to leave the forum. It doesnt seem like you're very happy here.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
If I were Irish, like you, I would be twice as annoyed as I already am.

I am annoyed with your statement. Please, why can?t these fans express their joy about this exciting event in their life? I think it is great for them to pack up their things and move to a foreign country and share this excitement with us. It takes a lot of guts to do something this big. Why would somebody that is from Ireland be annoyed with that fact that people are visiting their beautiful country?
confused.gif
If I were Irish, I would be proud to know that people are so willing to visit and live in my country because U2 has influenced them.

You don?t know the real intentions or the motives that have made these fans move to Ireland, you have made nothing but accusations and assumptions, which has made you look like a complete and total ass. Also, how do you know that these people did not save up money to pay for their big move? Who cares if Mommy and Daddy are paying for their trips, if their parents can afford to pay and are willing to pay, than so be it, it is not your money that they are spending.

anyhoo, Mrs.Clayton, thanks for posting your message, I am learning alot about the shops in Dublin. I cannot wait until I get there.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 because i used the wrong word, that is what i get for typing on this forum at work (edited 05-02-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 05-03-2002).]

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
That isn't funny or fair. I already stated I have nothing against those who VISIT Dublin and I would do it myself and intend to. It's just the ones who MOVE there with intentions on stalking the band. No job, no home, just living off Mommy and Daddy's credit cards I guess. Wonder if Dubin would be such an attractive choice if it weren't U2's home. It isn't even fair to the band. A visit is okay, moving in is going too far. They value their privacy and that's one of the reasons they love Dublin. People leave them alone.

I moved here, because of my fave band and because I love Ireland! I go to see them at the studio every once in a while, but I'm not a stalker... And I work hard to be able to support myself, really hard!!!

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

"If Larry's gay, I'll be a man!" -Michelle-

While we are all on the subject here, does anyone know the name of the wee entry that is just there, on the side of The Clarence, at the beginning of the Hal'Penny Bridge? Cause when mum and I were down I tink there were like a couple of 2nd hand clothes shops there, and/or a funky 70s type shop, and I tink it was a shop around that area we went into and I soooooo nearly bought a gorgeous 'Japenese' collar dress in red for 60 punts, but there were a couple of flaws in it and like, where would I wear such a gorgeous dress..........!!!!!
biggrin.gif

there are sooooo many cool clothes shops about in Dubylin!!!!!

wink.gif

Aye, I tink so BV.......I know its def across the road from the start of Hal'Penny Bridge on that side where Temple Bar is.....brilliant shops!!!!

I plan to go a few days soon....but I like to try and hit Dublyin when the weather is good!!!!

biggrin.gif

I stay in this great B&B the family know me.....
biggrin.gif

OH HEY BV, how did the oral go??????
smile.gif

oh man i shoulda emailed u bout the B&B- im goin to some hotel on sunday with a friend but shes booking it and i cant say no now- we r goin to seee muse we're on the guestlist

OMGGGGGGGGG- Maddie my teacher said the oral was excellent...now this could be called cheating but i cud read my oral from where i was siting but i actualy didnt look at it!!!!! Im so proud it was excellent and i remembered it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

*jigs*

me tinks ur too scared to email in case there nowt much to say.....
tongue.gif

naah, just kiddin, but this is somethin I get anyway...in thought.....
biggrin.gif

Well done anyhow BV.....
icon14.gif
.....keep ur head up girlie.........and careful u dont jig too much, u dont wanna leave head-dents in the ceiling now, do you?

wink.gif

hey Maddie and BV, what are the names of B&B's that you stay in? I am trying to book a few nights at different B&B's through out Ireland. So far, I have two nights booked at a guesthouse in Dingle, I need to find a place around Waterford. Do you know of any good ones there? I have two nights at the clarence booked.
biggrin.gif
, i will have to check out these shops that the two of you are referring to.

Back
Top Bottom