Question for New Yorkers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brkngrrl

The Fly
Hi, I am planning on driving to New York for the first time this weekend. I want to go take pictures of the lights they have up at ground zero.......what would I type in for an address when trying to get directions on something like mapquest??? Also, my sister wants to go shoe shopping while we are there...any suggestions of some good places to look??? any info would be greatly appreciated,
thanks
smile.gif

*bump* hoping *Ally* will see this and answer your question.

hello there! i hope to be of some help....

as for the lights, i think you can see them anywhere in the lower part of the city. i work just a few blocks from the site, but you can see them better from further away. here's what i would do if i were you: go to the west village! you can definitely see the lights from Sixth Avenue in the village- just look downtown.
smile.gif
AND there's great shoe shopping in the village, too- on 8th Street, just off of Sixth avenue (from Sixth avenue, just walk EAST and you will hit TONS of shoe stores- they have EVERYTHING you could imagine, from cowboy boots to drag queen platform shoes!!). that would be my suggestion- Start at Sixth Avenue, and then walk east on 8th Street... you'll be able to see the lights AND go shoe shopping at the same time.

have fun!!!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom