Question about the vertigo dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
I was wondering, at the beginning of Where the Streets Have No Name, Bono sings something I think African... does anybody have any idea what language it is, and what it means?

Bono has done several different things before the beginning of Streets over the years.....it may have been some kind of an African chant or prayer, and there is also another prayer that he does, he recited it during the Super Bowl performance...."What can I give back to God for the Blessings he has bestowed upon me?"

Carek1230 said:
Bono has done several different things before the beginning of Streets over the years.....it may have been some kind of an African chant or prayer, and there is also another prayer that he does, he recited it during the Super Bowl performance...."What can I give back to God for the Blessings he has bestowed upon me?"

At the May 9 Chicago show, it sounded like an African chant. He did the "What can we give back to God for the blessings you pour down? . . . For the blessings . . . for the blessings . . . ."at Notre Dame in 2001. It's all good! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom