Question about the UF home video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjork

Acrobat
I went home this weekend and just happened to run across the UF home video, which was sort of hidden away. So I'm pretty sure that it's going to be my Christmas present since nobody else in my family is a true U2 fan. I haven't seen the video before, so I was wondering what I can expect from it. What sort of things are on it?

Hey it's an xmas present...don't you want to be surprised?
wink.gif

Sorry- I don't know much about this video, but I have another video question and it was never answered in a different forum place.

is the zootv video from sydney? and if so, is that the performance Adam missed?

and if so, why would anyone even buy that video if the whole band is not playing?

Ppppplllllleeeeaaaaasssssseeee! I'm dying to know what the video is about!

[This message has been edited by Bjork (edited 12-09-2001).]

Originally posted by elizabeth:
Sorry- I don't know much about this video, but I have another video question and it was never answered in a different forum place.

is the zootv video from sydney? and if so, is that the performance Adam missed?

and if so, why would anyone even buy that video if the whole band is not playing?

It is a good question you raise. And here is the answer. Yes, the performance is from Sydney. But no, it is not the one that Adam missed. The band played several (at least 2) shows in Sydney during that tour. Adam missed the first one, which was actually intended to be a sort of "dress rehearsal" for the video in terms of getting the angles and shots set up right. He WAS at the actual taping which was the second show. And it is an awesome video...if you don't have it, I recommend it!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bjork:
Ppppplllllleeeeaaaaasssssseeee! I'm dying to know what the video is about!

[This message has been edited by Bjork (edited 12-09-2001).]

OMG...i wish i could tell you Bjork. all i will say is that i was surprised the first time i saw it.
i enjoyed it though and so will you!
smile.gif

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
OMG...i wish i could tell you Bjork. all i will say is that i was surprised the first time i saw it.
i enjoyed it though and so will you!
smile.gif

Okay, Sparky's Girl. That did not help me at all. What were you so surprised about? I HAVE to know.

Okay, Sparky's Girl. That did not help me at all. What were you so surprised about? I HAVE to know.

well...i didn't want to be the one to spoil your surprise....adam looked really different during that time, he had gained some weight (but still looked cute).
the video has some live performance footage i'd totally forgotten about. that was a nice treat.
i also enjoyed the footage from the 'making of UF'.....hope it helps!
hope i did not spoil the surprise too much!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
well...i didn't want to be the one to spoil your surprise....adam looked really different during that time, he had gained some weight (but still looked cute).
the video has some live performance footage i'd totally forgotten about. that was a nice treat.
i also enjoyed the footage from the 'making of UF'.....hope it helps!
hope i did not spoil the surprise too much!

Thanks for the summary, Sparky's Girl! I'm REALLY excited for Christmas now
smile.gif

Thanks for the summary, Sparky's Girl! I'm REALLY excited for Christmas now
smile.gif

no problem sweetie, i am sure you will enjoy the video!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

I have that vid too! I actually really enjoy it. SG is right, the making of stuff is very cool. You'll like it Bjork!

------------------
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real disney land , but it was getting pretty late.

Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E of the E.B.O.C

Well in the UF video I think Larry like sings some silly song or something...so i've heard...I don't have it and I want it sooooooo badly

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

I love this video...you will be very happy to watch it...yes, Adam does look a bit different, but I think it is cute to see him with a little pudge...anyway, that is all i have to say, I too do not want to spoil any of the surprise...
biggrin.gif

YOU WILL LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!

It's got....

and then it has.......

and Bono says......

and then Edge.....

they're VERY young, trying very hard...but I guess you'll just have to be patient, won't you???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Promise...you *will* love it

I went home this weekend and just happened to run across the UF home video, which was sort of hidden away. So I'm pretty sure that it's going to be my Christmas present since nobody else in my family is a true U2 fan. I haven't seen the video before, so I was wondering what I can expect from it. What sort of things are on it?

In a small excerpt you can see a bloody young Bono sitting in an armchair scribbling something on his notepad. Like his tiny feet with those blue socks......

Alright, I won't say anything more. I always enjoyed watching that vid.

actually it's a great little video. I used to own a copy but I won't get into that. It has some good bits inside the castle and the recording studio.

Has the original Pride video on it - I believe they released a different version of it commercially. Some good Bono adlibbing. There was one part where he's at the soundboard and he lights a match puts it in his mouth puts it out and blows the smoke - I remember seeing that and thinking not a good thing to show the kiddies. They show Eno filming a total eclipse which was cool.
And then theres the videos.

It's a good watch - sorry maybe I shouldn't tell you so you'd be surprised.

Enjoy

I love it! Bono is so cute writing in his little notebook! I like the part where Brian Eno asks them to come outside and look at the eclipse.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
Well in the UF video I think Larry like sings some silly song or something...so i've heard...I don't have it and I want it sooooooo badly

yeah, he sings a little song for a second...it is really cute...and yes, he looks very good in this video...
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
yeah, he sings a little song for a second...it is really cute...and yes, he looks very good in this video...
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Christmas is only 15 days away, Bjork. Only 15 days away. Thanks for the info, girls. I am really looking forward to this video.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom