Question:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
ok, you work in some local shop somewhere and you're bored out of your head. The boss is an ass and no one has yet turned up to give you a break cos there ain't any staff.. anyways, you're standing behind the counter wondering how you're gonna get through the next 5 hour shift when the door swings open and in they walk....

..all 4 of them, all grins and heat. They amble around the shelves, picking stuff up, putting it back, making whispered comments followed by loud guffaws. Whilst you're busy trying to keep your tongue from lolling all over the counter they come up to pay for their items.

Question:

Do you:

Serve them and wish them 'have a nice day.' (..and hate yourself afterwards for not being more original).

Ask them what they're doing in your neck of the woods.

Ask if they've got any tickets for the up and coming tour.

.......Ask them for a snog.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Or maybe you've got a better idea?

I'd ask what the hell they were doing there and then tell them that I adore them and can't wait for the new tour. But I would TRY to hold back the crazy PLEBA-ish reactions I would normally have, since I would be working.

Oh, and I'd get them to sign my uniform. And then I'd quit and not return the uniform. Because how could the job ever get any better than that moment?

I'd try to strike up a conversation with them...most likely Bono because he is the most gregarious. I'd talk with them. I wouldn't want them to go. I'd give them reasons to stick around.

I'd probably do something ridiculous, like pretend I didn't know who they were, and recommend 'Achtung Baby' to them :wink:

In my imagination...I would hurdle over that counter and tackle Bono and pepper him with kisses. (picture that in slow motion, with me going "Booooonnnnoooo!!" as I launch off the countertop and his horrified face at seeing me coming flying at him)

In reality, I would probably resist the urge to faint and very timidly try to strike up a conversation with them and ask them if they would like me to show them where the best place in town to get a Guiness is. (Of course I would insist on sitting on Bono's lap at the bar--merely for his own wellbeing from those 'crazy girls' out there I hear about :wink: ). Fuck the rest of the 5 hour shift and the ass boss---this is the boys and a once in a lifetime oppurtunity!

Last edited:
i would thank God for having to stay for the next shift, but then instead of doing sth smart i'd go totally crazy, red all over the face and unable to say one correct sentence. and by the time i would recover they'd be gone and i'd be p***ed like hell (for being that stupid) :lmao:

Strike up conversation pointing out my genuine surprise & pleasure that they do their own shopping. Immediately point out someone with their busy schedule shouldn't be burdened by such a menial task and that, as a current shop employee, I would be much better suited to perform such an errand for them. My point would be so brilliant, they'd hire me on the spot as Errand Girl, for which I'd give each a peck on the cheek, tell the Ass Boss to FOAD, and skip out of the shop following the boys back to headquarters where we'd hammer out the details of my new employment!

(yes, I have a verrrry active imagination!! :lol: )

Weeeelll....I'ts not like I havn't thought of such senarios or written about them in fan fics....so ....
Once I saw them enter the shop I'd duck behind the counter have a spaz attact then walk up to them and offer assistance as I introduced my self giving them kiss a the cheek * like casual friends*
They would ask for different items which I would go around getting for them, they would separate which would be my chance to trick Bono into the back storage room. I would ask him to please help me with some merchandise from a top shelf cause I can't reach it *yeah I know Bono can't reach it either*
while he is on his tippy toes trying to get the items down for me *cause he is so sweet and quite the genltleman*
I would run out and quickly ring up Larry's Red Bull, vitamin E face anti age cream and comb, Adam's ciggis, beach flip flops and a sterling silver collectable spoon, And finally Edge's college bound notebook, batteries and flame print beenie...They would thank me and ask each other where Bono went?...I would shrug innocent like. We would say our goodbyes see you at the concert ect...
Larry would scowl and comment on Bono possibly leaving without telling them again.. They would leave the shop, I would put up the OUT TO LUNCH sign lock the door as Bono emerges from the back room arm full of items asking where the guys went ..I would tell them they left....Bono would reply "Oh......Oh really?....";)...........

The story/senario could go many directions from here.... :macdevil: :angel:

..OK, my imagination is out and beyond, I blame the double shot expresso I just had.....

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
In my imagination...I would hurdle over that counter and tackle Bono and pepper him with kisses. (picture that in slow motion, with me going "Booooonnnnoooo!!" as I launch off the countertop and his horrified face at seeing me coming flying at him)

In reality, I would probably resist the urge to faint and very timidly try to strike up a conversation with them and ask them if they would like me to show them where the best place in town to get a Guiness is. (Of course I would insist on sitting on Bono's lap at the bar--merely for his own wellbeing from those 'crazy girls' out there I hear about :wink: ). Fuck the rest of the 5 hour shift and the ass boss---this is the boys and a once in a lifetime oppurtunity!

LMAO!!!!

What I would like to do, what I would do, and what I should do are totally different! So I'm gonna go with what I should do cuz what I would like to do is a big no-no :angel: and what I would do is too boring.

So..I would say hi as calmly as possible and ask Bono if he's free for coffee in about 5 hours. Jeez...that was boring anyway..:shrug:

Immediately come out from behind the counter, leave a sweet note for the boss and take them for a tour around the place.:drool: :drool:

definately have to ask for a ticket or back stage pass or something ... some kind of serious attention... desperate!
:drool: :wink: :huh:

Back
Top Bottom